Robbie Savage to Vancouver Whitecaps FC?

Full-Time

That would be an interesting move to say the least. Not sure what else he has to give and how good he'd be on the field. I imagine with all the media he does and all the youtube videos of him, he would be a marketing asset. The TV and Radio stations would love him as a guest. He may take over!! LOL

Could end up being like a crappier version of Carl Robinson if you ask me. People will be wanting their 300,000 + worth and I can't imagine getting it out of Savage, so there will be a lot of pressure on his shoulders.

Where would he play in relation to Dunfield, out of curiosity?

If he's a DP I think it's not a great move and I can't see him taking 335k or less. Kind of surprising they would use a DP slot on him though at 36.

Really, you don't think for a 36 year old footballer that's made a good amount of money in his career wouldn't be happy with 175k-250k, plus getting to come to a World Class City like Vancouver to settle down for the end of his career.

One thing is he would be overpaid in the MLS at over 300k but at a short tenure he could be still worth it as he is a guy who could walk into management in like a year.

Really, you don't think for a 36 year old footballer that's made a good amount of money in his career wouldn't be happy with 175k-250k, plus getting to come to a World Class City like Vancouver to settle down for the end of his career.

One thing is he would be overpaid in the MLS at over 300k but at a short tenure he could be still worth it as he is a guy who could walk into management in like a year.

Maybe you're right and they'll get him for that kind of price which would be a fine pickup, I think the average wage in the Championship is around 400k a year so I assumed he would be on more than that. He would be a good option to have at under 200k a year.

Maybe you're right and they'll get him for that kind of price which would be a fine pickup, I think the average wage in the Championship is around 400k a year so I assumed he would be on more than that. He would be a good option to have at under 200k a year.

Yeah, tough to say whatever it ends up being it won't be long term, so it won't be a crippling contract by any means. Can MLS contracts be performance based or have incentive bonuses pertaining to on field play, that seem it would fit better for a 36 year old who would be trying to acclimatize into a new continent and league. Either way he would provide some great leadership alongside DeMerit.

Question is....Is Vancouver ready for Roberto De Savage?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007v5cz

Actually I think you'd love him.

He'll certainly up the Caps Profile in the UK as the beeb will follow him intensley while he's there.

Best comment of the world cup was after they had run the talkback 606.

Darren fletcher, robbie's co host mention that robbie would miss the next show as he was going on Safari.

The anchor, Mark Chapman, quiped "GOOD! hopefully he'll get eaten by a lion!"

Savage would certainly be an interesting character to have in the league and might be worth his salary due to promotional value. I doubt his value on the pitch will really be worth the type of large salary one expects he would want. He is physical and athletic so in that sense would fit in to the MLS and also is good at free kicks. On the other hand I am not sure if bringing in one of the technically least skilled players in the EPL to MLS really raises the level of play.

Officially not coming. Straight from the horses mouth: http://www.twitter.com/robbiesavage8.

He was probably never coming. Talking about it in the UK media has probably only led to him having more offers from them to do work with them.

No loss to the Whitecaps on the pitch. Loss off it, as he could have been great in the media here - assuming the media here actually want to have lots of stuff on the Caps.

Best decision all round really. Robbie Savage Turns Down Move To Vancouver

Archived