Babel for Canada Friendlies?

Unnamed Trialist

I count at least 12 threads on the upcoming friendlies, just on the first page.

My feeling is that it has been the junkiest couple of weeks on this board before a Canada game I have seen in 10 years.

Just have to post this as a separate thread, first because it is in the spirit of things, one more fcking thread on the subject.

And second because an objective gaze would say that this is a totally chaotic board lacking basic content filters. It would be great if this pattern could be reversed for future Canada games, we were never so "all over the place" before, why now?

By the way, I am as hyped as anyone about tonight, so much so that I am looking for online feeds to watch from here in the wee hours. Which when I find I will post in an entirely new thread (this may be one: http://www.cebichetv.com/2010/09/peru-vs-canada-en-vivo-por-internet.html , click on "Míralo aquí").

We could talk about Paris Hilton.

You want people to tag every post, and then use the tags to filter the content on the basis that rare home games we play are cluttering up the board with threads?

Perhaps there are a couple too many, but most are relevant unto themselves.

Search is apparently not working well in VB 4. What do you mean by filters for content?

I count at least 12 threads on the upcoming friendlies, just on the first page.

My feeling is that it has been the junkiest couple of weeks on this board before a Canada game I have seen in 10 years.

Just have to post this as a separate thread, first because it is in the spirit of things, one more fcking thread on the subject.

And second because an objective gaze would say that this is a totally chaotic board lacking basic content filters. It would be great if this pattern could be reversed for future Canada games, we were never so "all over the place" before, why now?

By the way, I am as hyped as anyone about tonight, so much so that I am looking for online feeds to watch from here in the wee hours. Which when I find I will post in an entirely new thread (this may be one: http://www.cebichetv.com/2010/09/peru-vs-canada-en-vivo-por-internet.html , click on "Míralo aquí").

Mate, I don't think it's anything to be moaning about.

After we crashed out of World Cup qualifying this board went as dead as a doorknob after all of the excitement flat-lined and the band-wagon riders left camp. It was depressing.

I for one am glad to see a buzz about the place again. We have lots of people doing eccentric, interesting and curious things: that's what makes a supporters forum the colourful mad-house that it is.

There's no high-paid Voyageurs overlord watching from the mountains. It's a couple of nice guys who volunteer their time to keep this site and community running.

It's not perfect, but I can assure you it never has been. We are like a rebel militia group operating from an ad-hoc jungle base, but that's the allure isn't it? If I wanted real information I'd go to a news provider.

Cheers - and I don't mean to be disrespectful or condescending to you - just honest,

MB

(speaking of babble...)

^

It's not perfect, but I can assure you it never has been. We are like a rebel militia group operating from an ad-hoc jungle base, but that's the allure isn't it? If I wanted real information I'd go to a news provider.

I think a better description would be "chronically drunk partisans" based out of some low-end, small town bar (open secret of course). Don't think very many of us are really into that whole wilderness experience thing that goes along with jungle living.

I want running water. And I want it to be running out of a tap.

Five hours to kick-off!

Pour me a drink, pass the ammo & VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN DE FÚTBOL CANADIENSE!!

Because I have never seen it so messy, usually threads are combined and useless repeats are eliminated. Very hard to get to the info you want, you have to go to more than one thread for a single subject.

Because it is a classic case of "meaningless" friendlies, at least there is nothing transcendent in either of them, not in call-ups, in future of coaches, in future decisions, in deciding who plays in a future official match. So not justified.

Because it is damn hard to follow all that babel, so what most folks do is just tune out, like when you travel to a country whose language you don't understand.

Cause I have honestly never seen it so messy, ever. Seriously.

Will be keenly tuning in on any online feed we can find by the way, and thanks to the poster who started the appropriate thread. And to the poster who is about to start the second online feeds thread just to spite me after reading this.

Hopefully everyone can navigate better than me. Maybe I'm just too lazy? I follow slashdot so this isn't quite that bad but like others have said it is a nice problem. I know I've been totally blind sometimes and posted a "new" thread only to realize it already existed. Don't drink and post :)

Yup, waaay too many new threads. Who's the guy with the website who starts a new thread everytime he interviews somebody. Appreciate the effort but cheez whiz stop starting new threads. It would also be easier to use the interviews as references if they were all in one thread. You'd get more visibility because your thread would stay near the top.

Yup, waaay too many new threads. Who's the guy with the website who starts a new thread everytime he interviews somebody. Appreciate the effort but cheez whiz stop starting new threads. It would also be easier to use the interviews as references if they were all in one thread. You'd get more visibility because your thread would stay near the top.

Sorry. If you guys want me to set it up a certain way, I will follow it to the letter.

Once again, I'm terribly sorry for that.

Let me know how you want me to approach it.

Sorry. If you guys want me to set it up a certain way, I will follow it to the letter.

Once again, I'm terribly sorry for that.

Let me know how you want me to approach it.

You do some interesting stuff and I like to read it but single post after single post gets crowded out. Start one thread and just edit and ađd new info to the top. Like the chap posting the CSL games. Works well.

Archived