Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

Fact- Most of the people who hate Mario is not because of anything but that he stood up to you and that he has an accent and is from south America, even if you do try to mask it with other lies. Just admit it you will feel better.

Oh my we are all racists if we don't knuckle under. This board has reps from all races so I really don't think that line of reasoning will go far but it does show how little you know about Canadian soccer supporters in general and this group in particular.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay ...

To all you folks in Alberta this has gone on far too long, since you cannot get your collective selves together, and your slagging is bringing the game into disrepute, I suggest everyone... on any interation of the Alberta Soccer Association board be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Ask Bill Spiers to step in and organize an election for the labour day weekend.

After the election have a new board that lays all Alberta Soccer Association staff off and have new job competitions for all required positions with open advertisements.

Ensure no parent, child, cousin, uncle or co-habiting sex partner may apply if they are connected to someone on the new board.

PS.... Bill if you want I can go out on an expense account and help run the election.

Okay ...

To all you folks in Alberta this has gone on far too long, since you cannot get your collective selves together, and your slagging is bringing the game into disrepute, I suggest everyone... on any interation of the Alberta Soccer Association board be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Ask Bill Spiers to step in and organize an election for the labour day weekend.

After the election have a new board that lays all Alberta Soccer Association staff off and have new job competitions for all required positions with open advertisements.

Ensure no parent, child, cousin, uncle or co-habiting sex partner may apply if they are connected to someone on the new board.

PS.... Bill if you want I can go out on an expense account and help run the election.

I agree 100%. When this is all done, I wonder how may suspensions for life will there be for the losing side.

Or better yet Trillium-have Bill run the ASA as a caretaker president-dont do anything in your new roll Bill and we will be better off than we have been for 10 years. He has my vote-oh thats right -we dont vote anymore.

Ps-Bill isnt Kervlakastani is he?-i am suspscious of them...and the Dutch.

I wonder what the "winning side" will be left with ? Disfunctional district boards that have taken sides against each other. From the talk on this forum it seems as though Mario has not been good for soccer for many years but was still put in a position of power within the organization. Removing 7 board members will not fix what is a deeper problem. Hopefully it will make all 18 boards examine inwardly and do what they were elected to do.(Or volunteered in some cases)

The winning side will be left a job akin to the peacekeepers in Lebanon. It is hoped that someone-other than the usual suspects-will want to run for the new ASA board. There are some good people out there with no hidden agenda who have been calling for openess-trasparency and adherence to the bylaws-to some that is a hidden agenda. Lets get the usurpers out first and go from there. As far as CSA is concerned-lets hope reform passes and this movement trickles down to the provincial level and we stop having people with regional agendas running larger boards. No more conflicts of interest in soccer in Canada-we have enough problems without fighting over boardroom turf at every level. Lets hope that tonight Mario and Colin and the Billings group come to a consensus that works for all of soccer in Alberta. Maybe if one positive step is taken together the rest of the journey out of this mess can be accomplished. The truth is we all look bad and the kids are the ones to suffer and the game we all love sinks deeper in the sports pecking order in Canada. At this point i can think of a lot of reasons why average albertans would not want to put their kids in soccer. There are lots of other choices.

I read it was adjourned to work out an interim agreement on the law suit-interim agreements often become lasting settlements-at least until the next AGM vote-fingers crossed. There wont be an agm without an agreement.

Another development is that the Alta minister for sports and rec is asking them to meet with them to resolve the matter-part 2 of their $ is on the table is the impression the minister gave.

So-lets hope the one side that never wants to compromise starts to do so and we can get on the road to sanity and respectability. if not then it will be imposed by the courts and the alberta government under the ASA bylaws and the societies act of Alberta. Most of this i got from the most recent article in the Edmonton journal and some from unnamed sources.

How embarrassing for them to completely misreport the story.

"If they are leaders in their district, decide they don't like the board of directors, and they want to pay to a lawyer, it's their decision not mine."

With it's "they", "their" and "mine" this is a statement of very personal issues. Nowhere in there is even the slightest hint of what people want, let alone what is best for the province, the players, the game, etc. I think the grand scheme of things is lost on this guy.

How embarrassing for them to completely misreport the story.

With it's "they", "their" and "mine" this is a statement of very personal issues. Nowhere in there is even the slightest hint of what people want, let alone what is best for the province, the players, the game, etc. I think the grand scheme of things is lost on this guy.

Vic, that's what made him the ideal guy for the CSA Executive. He's absolutely perfect for the role he played for them simply because what's best for the game is completely lost on him. Easily one of the most dangerous guys I've ever met, totally ruthless.

Lazy journalism. Too bad-they should have watched Mark Connely at cbc. My guess is after marios disasterous "bully" appearance on CBC Edmonton his pr people got him on to CTV Edmonton. Didnt help in any respect.

very poor review of the situation by CTV. No mention of the underlying causes of the dispute. No mention of the Billings suspension. No mention of staffing situation at ASA. No mention that several districts have since tried to submit a second payment to ASA only to have it returned to them by Mario and Colin.

Cheques were returned and districts put in bad standing as the instructions were to deposit them in the official asa account-not marios private asa account-plus the district directors in question were part of the group that pushed the SGM to remove. The usual double standards in place to punish those you dont like. Business as usual.

Cheques were returned because they weren't made out to cash. Easier to steal that way.

interesting. I had just assumed it was because the dispute wasn't about money at all. (We have heard differing reports from Mario and Colin on that). It was about power and intimidation. Mario and Colin would not accept the money unless any district who had previously crossed them had presented themselves for a public thrashing, cried and begged forgiveness, and kissed the rings of soccer royalty. Only after that process had taken place would Mario and Colin lower themselves to the depths of degredation and accept the 10's of thousands of dollars in registrations fees presented to them.

LRT to Churchill Square. Up the stairs to the Law Courts. Go to the Queens Bench side (Not Traffic or Provincial Court). There should be a list of all cases being heard at the courts today, search for the (guessing) not criminal, not appeal, probably civil side listing. Find the court room # and you're on your way. When all else fails, ask one of the Sheriffs for help.

Appears that, pending wording, all Districts will be re-instated, staff will be re-instated, caretakers of the office appointed and U12 provincials will be held at both locations as it is too late too change. This is interim and adjourned until July 21. On the other action of deciding the rightful Board, adjourned until August (not sure of date). Will await verification to be sure.

Archived