Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

once again no mention to the fact that he did not defend himself at a hearing. If you do not show up for a court appearance you are guilty. IF he was innocent then he should have shown and defended himself. The only clowns around here are those of you who continue to back this maniac.

Keep spreading your lies and distraction. What you are all upset about is that Mario took his votes back from all of you. For years you (EDSA and EIYSA) have hijacked the EMSA votes. He got them back and they will never be taken away again. You have this guy billings as your pawn and he has not realized it yet.

yes the membership did ask for a SGM and this was granted, however because billings knew that the truth would come out he hosted an earlier one and spoke about governance and the membership did not know the facts. Slowly they are beginning to see what type of person Billings and his puppet masters are. And when you talk about the membership you are talking around 30% the other 70% are for soccer and the truth.

Let me put it this way. If i get suspended from your organization and you call me in for a hearing and i just refuse to go, and play with my team anyway what do you think would happen??? i would be suspended and the team would lose all of the points. Chris billings is refusing to try to clear his name because he knows this is impossible and would rather destroy Alberta Soccer than to accept proper procedure. I hope he does destroy it and the 3 districts behind him can form your own organization and leave good people alone. but of course you would not be recognized by CSA!

I really enjoy reading your blogs and how you 2 or 3 guys masking yourselves as different people banter back and forth as if there are more people. You are fanatical and pathetic.

I don't know Colin very well but i have know Mario for at least 10 years, and he has done more for soccer in Alberta then any of you hope to do.

Keep up your schizophrenic slant on reality!

Wow....that is really all I can say. (Welcome to the board Fairthought)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afterthought=you refuse to answer any questions posed to you on this matter and your blind devotion to Mario is hardly a convincing argument-it may work for religious cults but the people on this Board are a too intelligent for that-with one notable exception. As for Mario doing a lot for soccer-if you mean costing our Association close to a half million in wasted money and driving countless good people away from the game with suspensons and all the misdirected energy and bad press. He has on the other hand managed to reward his family and freinds nicely. If that is what you mean then about Mario doing more for soccer then you are absolutely right.

Still no response as to why Billings did not follow proper procedure. As for the cost..... lets be clear if billings would have followed the proper procedure there would have been zero cost to the association. So you can thank Billings and EDSA for running up the bill. you know you are so fanatical and corrupt in your posts that if it wasn't so amusing to poke holes in your writing i would quit reading your ridiculous responses.

Still no response as to why Billings did not follow proper procedure. As for the cost..... lets be clear if billings would have followed the proper procedure there would have been zero cost to the association. So you can thank Billings and EDSA for running up the bill. you know you are so fanatical and corrupt in your posts that if it wasn't so amusing to poke holes in your writing i would quit reading your ridiculous responses.

Ok you just tell me what part of this sounds above board:

- Firing staffers for refusing to get in the middle of political squabbles

- Hiring your own son

- Trying to block KIDS from playing the sport your supposed to be administering

any time now...

Why would he have a hearing before a board that was thrown out by 16 districts at a legal sgm? If Mario wanted to prove it was legal he wouldnt have abandoned his law suit-he wont have that luxury now. Keep the lies coming...only makes you look worse...if that were possible.

Nice one Afterthought! Here is an idea, if you shine Mario's shoes twice per day and try just a bit harder, you may soon be appointed to a position of the Assistant ASA Operations Manager. Of course, all would be in accordance with proper procedure.

I think you may be on the wrong site mr. fairthought, cult fanatics have their own forums. It's difficult to see any point to your very, very strange ramblings. Thanks anyway for demonstrating to the rest of Canada what kind of people supporters of Mario are, I doubt if they would have believed us otherwise. I guess we'll see what the judge has to say tomorrow morning, apparrently you're having a Board meeting tonight to decide what to do. It should be very interesting to say the least.

I'm not even going to quote you Farthought. Not all of that BS.

Let me be crystal clear - I have never stood for any board position, or any position, which would require a vote from Mario or anyone involved in the current dispute. I don't need his vote, won't need his vote, and to be perfectly honest would rather he not vote for me in any future event, lest I be tarred with the rep and with this current debacle's brush.

A lesson in the charter of rights and freedoms: in Canada there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. You lot have proven squat, and ergo, my learned friend, your "guilty" one doesn't have to go to trial on bogus, trumped up allegations. Your post, sir, in some circles would be slanderous.

And just for the record, I have known Mario for more than 20 years in various capacities, and I can can name a lot more people that have done less TO soccer and more FOR soccer in this province.

Let's be fair to fairthought99...

He/she has come on to represent the Charpentier position, something many of us wished would happen. I certainly don't agree with the assumption that Charpentier has done more for soccer in Alberta than (insert name here). I do know that he has served several terms with two prominent soccer associations - the EMSA and ASA - and he has surrounded himself with people that believe in his abilities (whatever those abilities might be).

Many of the current problems with the ASA - firings, multiple hirings, umpteen Executive Directors, poor governance, money wasted - seems to roughly coincide with Mr. Charpentier's introduction to the provincial association. Coincidence? Perhaps...but you know the whole thing about the duck waddling, quacking, blah blah blah.

All of that said...I mentioned dozens and dozens of posts ago that I didn't agree with Billings' refusal to attend hearings. He should have, regardless of the outcome being decided before he entered the room. If you are going hard, go the whole way, and do it completely above-board (pardon the pun).

Are you referring to the procedure for an SGM as described in the 1998 bylaws or the one that is posted on the ASA website.

To be honest I think it is natural to assume the one posted that states: Revised and Approved July 18, 2009 is the most current.

If the hearing had been before an independant board (maybe even an independant arbitrator or someone at least at arms length from the suspension itself) I'm quite sure that Billings would have been very willing to submit himself to a hearing.

Mario and Colin didn't even bother to try and appear impartial. They didn't even bother to come up with a list of "real" offenses. The financial impropriety Chris has been accused of has been repaid by the Ontario Soccer Association (as was the intention all along) and the mere fact that Mario or Colin would accuse anyone of financial wrongdoing is comical. I'd love to see a detailed forensic audit of either of their organizations.

once again no mention to the fact that he did not defend himself at a hearing. If you do not show up for a court appearance you are guilty. IF he was innocent then he should have shown and defended himself.

Let me put it this way. If i get suspended from your organization and you call me in for a hearing and i just refuse to go, and play with my team anyway what do you think would happen??? i would be suspended and the team would lose all of the points.

You are missing an important point. ASA is a member of CSA and must follow CSA rules. CSA rules provide that everyone is entitled to a hearing. There are only two specific situations where someone can be suspended prior to a hearing - and this is not one of them. Therefore, the suspension of Chris Billings has to be considered null and void. What rules are you going by? EMSA rules? I gather from reading this thread that EMSA also suspends people without a hearing in violation of CSA rules.

I am one of the ones that had previously wished for someone to come here and defend the stance of Mario and his band of brothers. I guess I was hoping for someone a little less fanatical and a little more rational.

There is some validity to the idea that Chris should have attended the hearing., however, the mere fact that Mario and Colin didn't schedule the hearing for 2 months after the suspension is just one more troubling fact. I seem to have read somewhere in the bylaws (althought I don't have them in front of me now) that in the event of a suspension occuring prior to a hearing (an option available only in a very limited set of circumstances) that the hearing must occur within 15 days of the suspension.

I don't blame Chris for not attending. I probably would have done the same thing myself. There was not even an appearance of fairness.

Does anyone know if Chris has even been able to review the evidence (and I use the term lightly)? Last I heard he had never been afforded that opportunity. It is tough to prepare a defense against vague list of offenses.

All of that said...I mentioned dozens and dozens of posts ago that I didn't agree with Billings' refusal to attend hearings. He should have, regardless of the outcome being decided before he entered the room. If you are going hard, go the whole way, and do it completely above-board (pardon the pun).

fishman - I would agree with you had there been some semblance of fairness and procedural correctness. If I put myself in billing's boots, mario comes to me one day and says, "oh by the way yeggie babe, we took a straw poll, and 9/10 directors voted to suspend you on this file of stuff colin drew up. Now Yeggie, why don't you resign, 'cos if you don't we're going to slag you unmercifully in the press and public"

Now given my deep rooted irish roots, I am a) not going to say "sure mario, I'll quit, B) going to say, hold on mario babe, let's have a hearing first and I'll show up; I sure as hell am going to say bring it on.

My fundamental problem is (as Mr. Spier's noted), procedurally, even under ASA's screwed up bylaws, it was wrong. Investigation, hearing, then suspension, not allege, suspend then call a hearing...ready? fire! aim?

Let's be fair to fairthought99...

He/she has come on to represent the Charpentier position, something many of us wished would happen. I certainly don't agree with the assumption that Charpentier has done more for soccer in Alberta than (insert name here). I do know that he has served several terms with two prominent soccer associations - the EMSA and ASA - and he has surrounded himself with people that believe in his abilities (whatever those abilities might be).

Many of the current problems with the ASA - firings, multiple hirings, umpteen Executive Directors, poor governance, money wasted - seems to roughly coincide with Mr. Charpentier's introduction to the provincial association. Coincidence? Perhaps...but you know the whole thing about the duck waddling, quacking, blah blah blah.

I see where you're coming from, but the Russian in me says to fear show trials and avoid them at all costs. He would have been smeared in front of the board, tossed out on his ear, and would have given legitimacy to Mario and Colin...

I really enjoy reading your blogs and how you 2 or 3 guys masking yourselves as different people banter back and forth as if there are more people. You are fanatical and pathetic.

Keep up your schizophrenic slant on reality!

That, friends, is what I call Irony.

You've figured me (and everyone else) out Fairthought...I (we) am (are) two or three people on here. There's no possible way that this many people could actually have access to the internet and an interest in soccer in not just Alberta but Canada.

I suggest you take your own advice [bold mine].

A quick message from the ASA Operations Manager:

To all AMSL Teams,

Please note that the AMSL payment situation is under review with the ASA Board of Directors, Therefore in the spirit of competition, all AMSL matches will proceed this weekend (July 17.18). Referee assigners can expect all teams to show for games weather permitting of course.

Alberta Soccer will keep all the teams advised of the situation as it becomes available. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.

In Soccer,

Anthony Traficante ASA Operations

Fishman-i know where you are coming from but you tell me what good would come of him going to this hearing. No disclosure-trial before people who are no longer the board-so you legitimize them and how can you argue before the court that they arent legitimate if you appeared before their jurisdiction-no fair procedure-the prospect of appearing for his appeal before mike traficante... I appreciate your point but this process that will unfold in court will answer the issue. If CSA ever wants their money from Alberta-and they really do-they will have to honor the courts findings. If the old board is out under the societies act of Alberta then they are out of that office for the time being until another election-CSA will have no prospect of getting their money unless they honor the laws of Alberta and that-along with standing in the way of reform-is all the current Board wants. Billings was in a tough spot but i think in this regard he made the correct decision. Wouldnt want to be in his spot-if the court decision goes the other way and these guys get back in many many people will be in his spot. Lets hope it goes well.

A quick message from the ASA Operations Manager:

To all AMSL Teams,

Please note that the AMSL payment situation is under review with the ASA Board of Directors, Therefore in the spirit of competition, all AMSL matches will proceed this weekend (July 17.18). Referee assigners can expect all teams to show for games weather permitting of course.

Alberta Soccer will keep all the teams advised of the situation as it becomes available. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.

In Soccer,

Anthony Traficante ASA Operations

I don't know why they just aren't honest and say the judge is going to make us do it anyway so were are trying to head off a PR disaster proactively

I now recognize the same half witted ramblings from the same "Dan Barnes" blog. Well I guess you found another forum to talk to your two buddies on. I wonder if you work at all??

Fact- IF Billings would have shown up even with no intention of accepting a decision he could have appealed to CSA if he did not like their decision he could have appealed to CONCACAF and then to FIFA. Yet chose not to do that. why? because everyone would have found the same thing as the evidence would suggest. He spent as he wished without approval, treated people around him like crap, intimidated, yelled and insulted women. Well it is better to just not own up to it then to go to a hearing and have everyone know the truth. All of you have heard his side yet would you agree that a person who acted in that manner be removed??? I think you would and if not it is because you agree that a person in a position like that should act in that manner. And then there is no reasoning with any of you.

Fact- Most of the people who hate Mario is not because of anything but that he stood up to you and that he has an accent and is from south America, even if you do try to mask it with other lies. Just admit it you will feel better.

Fact- The board withdrew the first court proceedings because CSA instructed them to and for no other reason. They would love to go to court and finally remove these crooks and finally begin to move forward.

So when CSA or FIFA remove the people who brought this to court, I am sure they will scream that CSA and FIFA are also out to get them.

The sky is falling the sky is falling! :o

First you say Mario would have won if he had his court hearing but chose not to-then you say all those who brought this to court will be thrown out. The usual illogicality and bullying. Is there anyone from Innes group who could post? This is getting boring.

REally, are you that ignorant. They withdrew the court proceedings because of the CSA directive before they went to court. Your group got the same notice i am sure yet you proceeded to go to court anyway since you do not recognize any authority, so yes you will be thrown out... hopefully.

Archived