Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

Thanks coach-why would ASA pay him for it? How does Colin get paid for something that CMSA has anyway? Did ASA pay for something so CMSA could get it? Colin got over $80,000 from ASA for this but i see nothing on ASA.

Any details? By the way-as soon as i opened it i got a virus alert!!

For those who are interested in virus/trojans etc here is what I encountered when I tried to visit the Skillstorm site a second time. http://www.sophos.com/blogs/sophoslabs/?p=2038

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes-the "colin virus"-something that infects a system and ruins it from the inside whilst thriving itself.

I wonder how he'll thrive down in Newfoundland at the girl's national allstars, anybody know any newfoundlanders who'd want to take him to one of the outports and leave him there for a few months with no way back?

CSA seems eerily quiet right now. What happened to their plan of taking immediate action to restore government funding, restore bank accounts, and of course explore all avenues of punishing Billings?

Oc-can you check out what it says about skilstorm? Does anyone know all the details of this skeleton in the corporate closet at ASA?

I can only see the little bit that I posted. In order to see more I would have to connect with Colin on LinkedIn and I don't see that happening.

So as we speak Colin Innes and Robert Hayne will be busy running up the tab in Sherbrooke and St. John's for the members to pay off with the money that wasn't available to pay for provincials the last two weekends (for facilities, referees, etc.). Hope they enjoy it while they can.

So as we speak Colin Innes and Robert Hayne will be busy running up the tab in Sherbrooke and St. John's for the members to pay off with the money that wasn't available to pay for provincials the last two weekends (for facilities, referees, etc.). Hope they enjoy it while they can.

It is a very interesting decision for them to go while all of this turmoil swirls around in Alberta. It demonstrates some misguided priorities. As an interesting note, it isn't that ASA didn't have technical staff to send to the tournaments but that the Mario led board decided that the staff should stay home while board members travelled with the teams instead.

Perhaps they believe that if they continue to pretend they are the board that the ASA membership will eventually believe it. What a waste of money. By the time these people get done looking after themselves there is no money to invest in soccer.

I can't imagine that a judge will look favorably on these decisions being made by Mario and Colin while they are supposed to be negotiating a stand down agreement. They are spending more time wracking up expenses than they are negotiating an interim agreement.

I'm sure the judge will be thrilled that they wasted his time on Friday and requested an adjournment in order to have time to negotiate, while in reality they are simply using the time to impose more poor decisions onto the ASA.

I can only see the little bit that I posted. In order to see more I would have to connect with Colin on LinkedIn and I don't see that happening.

Skillstorm:

COMPANY DATA:

COMPANY CONFORMED NAME: SKILLSTORM ONLINE LEARNING INC

CENTRAL INDEX KEY: 0001381784

IRS NUMBER: 562555375

FILING VALUES:

FORM TYPE: 1-A/A

SEC ACT: 1934 Act

SEC FILE NUMBER: 024-10158

FILM NUMBER: 08042807

BUSINESS ADDRESS:

STREET 1: 3518 FREMONT AVE

STREET 2: SUITE 399

CITY: SEATTLE

STATE: WA

ZIP: 98103

BUSINESS PHONE: 206-420-1215

MAIL ADDRESS:

All company filings can be seen here: http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=0001381784&action=getcompany

The latest Regulation A filing staement can be seen here: http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=0001381784&action=getcompany . Mr Kerr seems to be trusting to a tune of $5000.

Skillstorm:

COMPANY DATA:

COMPANY CONFORMED NAME: SKILLSTORM ONLINE LEARNING INC

CENTRAL INDEX KEY: 0001381784

IRS NUMBER: 562555375

FILING VALUES:

FORM TYPE: 1-A/A

SEC ACT: 1934 Act

SEC FILE NUMBER: 024-10158

FILM NUMBER: 08042807

BUSINESS ADDRESS:

BUSINESS PHONE: 206-420-1215

MAIL ADDRESS:

All company filings can be seen here: http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=0001381784&action=getcompany

The latest Regulation A filing staement can be seen here: http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=0001381784&action=getcompany . Mr Kerr seems to be trusting to a tune of $5000.

Is it a franchise that Colin bought into?

Is it a franchise that Colin bought into?

Nevermind, dumb question. However, there is some interesting reading there if you are patient enough to sort through the pages. Colin has lots of his friends investing in his company (which isn't unusual). I wonder if they would be concerned if he lost his influence is soccer within Calgary, Alberta, and Canada. It is no wonder he is desperately hanging onto his position.

" It is no wonder he is desperately hanging onto his position.

I wonder who else has invested in this company? It may explain some otherwise intelligent people who are supporting this guy. Couldnt be anyone on the CMSA that supports him and his efforts. Does anyone know about the skillstorm investors? Does anyone know why ASA payed this guy for skillstorm but we at ASA havent apparently recieved anything? Has skillstorm provided any service or goods to ASA?

" It is no wonder he is desperately hanging onto his position.

I wonder who else has invested in this company? It may explain some otherwise intelligent people who are supporting this guy. Couldnt be anyone on the CMSA that supports him and his efforts. Does anyone know about the skillstorm investors? Does anyone know why ASA payed this guy for skillstorm but we at ASA havent apparently recieved anything? Has skillstorm provided any service or goods to ASA?

Sorry, quoting got messed up.

As for your question about what did ASA get out of it: http://www.itsportsnet.com/leagues/1200/documents/Skillstorm.pdf

ain't the inter-web cool :)

I think the more interesting question is ... Who from ASA/CMSA had a financial interest in the company when the decisions were made. And if any people would show up on both lists.

I think the more interesting question is ... Who from ASA/CMSA had a financial interest in the company when the decisions were made. And if any people would show up on both lists.

There is some interesting stuff in there about potential conflicts of interest and such. I'm having trouble copy and pasting some of it into the board, but I'm working on it. Their market strategy marks specific mention of CMSA, ASA, and other associations, districts, clubs, and schools. It would seem to be direct conflict with Colin's past and present involvement in many of these boards. In fact, one document notes a revenue projection of 1.4 Million over 5 years simply based on their alliance with CMSA.

Just throw up a link and a page number. The documents are scans of hard copies made into pdf's so the pdf search function doesn't work either.

s

I didn't see anyone directly listed as an investor, but I wonder who the investor are in his numbered Ontario corporation that owns many of the shares. It is a strange (to me, but I'm no financial expert) structure. Colin own some shares personally and some through a numbered company he controls.

From what I can see Colin is the numbered Ontario company.

I am not a lawyer, paralegal or of that ilk. My wife once accused me of being a barrack room lawyer, but I lost that argument too. That being said, can anyone tell me why Colin Innes, as a prinicpal with this company, gaining a financial return from the Board's decision, is not, and has not been in a conflict of interest situation? Yes he walked out the room when the vote was taken, but really folks, CMSA and ASA BOTH endorsing and/or acquiring that product to me smacks of a substantial conflict. As such, the decision of the Members (Board and Association) should be to remove him.

Archived