Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

From what I can see Colin is the numbered Ontario company.

I hope it is just him. I hope no one else has the poor judgement to invest in a company that might represent a direct conflict. I know Colin controls the company but I didn't see anything that said whether or not anyone else owns an interest in it as well (that doesn't mean that the information wasn't there. There is a lot of data there to pour through)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not a lawyer, paralegal or of that ilk. My wife once accused me of being a barrack room lawyer, but I lost that argument too. That being said, can anyone tell me why Colin Innes, as a prinicpal with this company, gaining a financial return from the Board's decision, is not, and has not been in a conflict of interest situation? Yes he walked out the room when the vote was taken, but really folks, CMSA and ASA BOTH endorsing and/or acquiring that product to me smacks of a substantial conflict. As such, the decision of the Members (Board and Association) should be to remove him.

Wouldn't have (or I should say shouldn't have) CMSA automatically received access to the website due to their membership in ASA?? Why did they have to pay for it seperately? Seems like a double payment for the same service, but I really don't know how the website works or what is involved in the acquisition from either association

The document has helped fill in some blanks about Colin's financial background as someone asked about earlier in the this thread. It appears as though he was enrolled in the certified management accounting program for 3 years but never completed it.

The document has helped fill in some blanks about Colin's financial background as someone asked about earlier in the this thread. It appears as though he was enrolled in the certified management accounting program for 3 years but never completed it.

At the time of the filing. :) He may have since then.

In 08 colin was director and fred kerr friend had $5000.00 and peter malakone friend had $5000. Now i am no accountant but i know about smelly situations-this stinks.

It certainly raises a lot of questions.

Wouldn't have (or I should say shouldn't have) CMSA automatically received access to the website due to their membership in ASA?? Why did they have to pay for it seperately? Seems like a double payment for the same service, but I really don't know how the website works or what is involved in the acquisition from either association

Well-since no other districts seemed to get the website it seems odd. It would be good to see the contract-if there is one in writing-maybe when there is a change of leadership the accounts can be looked at. it appears from first blush that there is the appearance of conflict on the part of at least two people-other than colin- who were on the board at the time the agreement was reached. Maybe further viewing will reveal more. Who is this Fred Kerr? Why would Peter Malakoane get shares at this time? Did he reveal them? what did they pay for them?

I love "Risk Factors, (15) Dependence on Key Personnel: The Company's success is substantially dependent on one key person."

I liked the one that said they might grow too fast and be unable to meet demand for their product. It doesn't seem to have been a problem so far.

They paid a lot of money for access to 20 videos. Plus I don't know of anyone who actually received a password to view the videos.

Read it-it says coaches who pass an asa coarse get an access code- have passed two courses since then and have helped run sessions for dozens of others-no one i know in my district has been given an access code. Maybe we have been in "bad standing" for the past 3 years and we didnt even know it.

So as we speak Colin Innes and Robert Hayne will be busy running up the tab in Sherbrooke and St. John's for the members to pay off with the money that wasn't available to pay for provincials the last two weekends (for facilities, referees, etc.). Hope they enjoy it while they can.

Maybe whle Colin is at Nationals he can tape the teams practice drills and sell online access to the tapes back to ASA.

Read it-it says coaches who pass an asa coarse get an access code- have passed two courses since then and have helped run sessions for dozens of others-no one i know in my district has been given an access code. Maybe we have been in "bad standing" for the past 3 years and we didnt even know it.

Another weird things is that the filing that we are looking at online indicates there are over 400 videos ready to go.

Part of the problem is technical people in soccer don't see much value in the videos or the website. It was just a waste of money.

I can't believe I am actually taking the time to read through some of this...but WOW:

Target Market Strategy: "Skillstorm has already entered into a strategic alliance with the CMSA, which has given the Company an opportunity for Skillstorm to sell to the Alberta Soccer Association...(t)he strategic alliance comes through the relationship that Colin Innes, the Company's CEO, holds because of his relationships with the soccer communities in Calgary, Alberta, and the Canadian Soccer Association...the ASA Technical Committee and the Board of Directors has approved Skillstorm as a training product."

Does this not SMACK of a conflict of interest here??? Wasn't Malakoane, the Skillstorm Product Development Manager, a member of the ASA Technical Committee???

I can't believe I am actually taking the time to read through some of this...but WOW:

Target Market Strategy: "Skillstorm has already entered into a strategic alliance with the CMSA, which has given the Company an opportunity for Skillstorm to sell to the Alberta Soccer Association...(t)he strategic alliance comes through the relationship that Colin Innes, the Company's CEO, holds because of his relationships with the soccer communities in Calgary, Alberta, and the Canadian Soccer Association...the ASA Technical Committee and the Board of Directors has approved Skillstorm as a training product."

Does this not SMACK of a conflict of interest here??? Wasn't Malakoane, the Skillstorm Product Development Manager, a member of the ASA Technical Committee???

not sure how current this is but: http://albertasoccer.com/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=TechnicalCommittee&category=Main

I always knew there was a conflict of interest but I was stunned to see it boasted about in their marketing strategy.

I always knew there was a conflict of interest but I was stunned to see it boasted about in their marketing strategy.

Alberta Soccer Association would like to congratulate

Peter Malakoane the Assistant Coach who resides in Calgary for his success and

contribution to the success of Canada’s National program on the international stage. Peter

joined the U-20 Girls team 4 months ago and has been overseeing the National training Centre

in Calgary for the last 3 years. Peter is a High Performance (contract) Coach with the Alberta

Soccer Association and is also a member of the CMSA Board of Directors.

source:

http://www.albertasoccer.com/clientuploads/ASANewsletter.08/July.4.Newsletter.pdf

Based on the dates at the time he was on the BOD at CMSA.

Alberta Soccer Association would like to congratulate

Peter Malakoane the Assistant Coach who resides in Calgary for his success and

contribution to the success of Canada’s National program on the international stage. Peter

joined the U-20 Girls team 4 months ago and has been overseeing the National training Centre

in Calgary for the last 3 years. Peter is a High Performance (contract) Coach with the Alberta

Soccer Association and is also a member of the CMSA Board of Directors.

source:

http://www.albertasoccer.com/clientuploads/ASANewsletter.08/July.4.Newsletter.pdf

Based on the dates at the time he was on the BOD at CMSA.

Hello CSA BOD oberservers....what do you think about your annoited one now? Are any of you investors in his company?

They also list Peter malakoane as an employee. Now is this the same guy who was on the board of ASA? Wouldnt want to malign someone unduly. I notice in 08 filings they list CMSA as a client and ASA as a potential client. In the o7 letter from neil it says that Skilstorm would soon be available to all coaches who take a course. There are a number of coaches on this site-anyone get access? One other question-what do we make of an end to filing in 08? Are they still available at CMSA? Other than a nasty virus-can anyone get anything by going on line or is the site dead? whatever happened to thomas neidorff who had 10 less shares than Colin in 08?

CSA seems eerily quiet right now. What happened to their plan of taking immediate action to restore government funding, restore bank accounts, and of course explore all avenues of punishing Billings?

Scared. Once the courts are involved ... well we all know how much they love scrutiny. Besides Mario's usefullness to them is over. Even with his vote against reform at the CSA meeting they lost. They have no more use for him and probably regret sticking their noses into the ASA affair. Damage control time for the CSA and those who backed Mario hope the backlash doesn't get to their level. He is now a serious liability to them so they are probably distancing themselves in an attempt at self preservation.

To any at the CSA who might be reading just a side note but you don't determine who runs soccer in Alberta, Albertans do!

Ok here's the deal, CSA is going to take disciplinary action in 2 days if court action isn't dropped. They say they have consulted with FIFA and can go ahead and do it. That's why Innes and Hayne went to Nationals and they are doing whatever they want. They now believe they are above the law.

Archived