Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

Didnt Mcarther want to start a nuclear war over Korea and ultimately need to be removed as he was acting without authorization? If that is what leadership is then we need less leaders like that and more leaders who act for the greater good of all the community and not themselves and their few friends. Where does that compassion part come in.

It is this kind of leadership thinking that resulted in Americans carpet bombing villages in Vietnam in order to liberate them from enemy infiltration.

Technically the Joint chiefs of staff drafted the order to hit Chinese airbases with nuclear weapons if an air attack was launched by China. Macarthur wanted to press the invasion of North Korea as he saw the entrenchment of communism if the war was not completed. I think that the north Korean dictators can thank Harry Truman for their continuing strangle hold on that country. Vietnam reminds me more of Mario and Colin as it was a CIA war that was started in secret and was run behind the scenes by some very shady characters, led to the death of one President and the resignations of two more. Almost like being an Executive Director of the ASA.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Technically the Joint chiefs of staff drafted the order to hit Chinese airbases with nuclear weapons if an air attack was launched by China. Macarthur wanted to press the invasion of North Korea as he saw the entrenchment of communism if the war was not completed. I think that the north Korean dictators can thank Harry Truman for their continuing strangle hold on that country. Vietnam reminds me more of Mario and Colin as it was a CIA war that was started in secret and was run behind the scenes by some very shady characters, led to the death of one President and the resignations of two more. Almost like being an Executive Director of the ASA.

Fantastic analogy kj52 :)

K52-i bow down to your greater knowledge. Still-Macarther was a glory hound who didnt prepare the Phillipines properly for battle and we dont need "Leaders" at CSA and ASA but people who are there to follow the will of the membership-these Leaders are getting us in all this trouble-just run the damn office like a business and stop fighting with everyone. Kind of like how Mr. billings ran it before he got "suspended".

We could start an new stream on those with stories of mario and colins bullying. Mcneelys story is chilling and there is a good blog out there that describes it in great detail. Describes the full array of Marios tacics of bullying-suspension without hearing-no fair process and the conflict of interest of the adjudicators. Case study in bullying.

But Mario isn't a bully. Ask anyone.

Oh, why waste any time asking others? I'd ask the boy himself but have a geat deal of trouble deciding what language to employ - he clearly speaks neither English nor Spanish! I am open to suggestions though!

K52-i bow down to your greater knowledge. Still-Macarther was a glory hound who didnt prepare the Phillipines properly for battle and we dont need "Leaders" at CSA and ASA but people who are there to follow the will of the membership-these Leaders are getting us in all this trouble-just run the damn office like a business and stop fighting with everyone. Kind of like how Mr. billings ran it before he got "suspended".

We could start an new stream on those with stories of mario and colins bullying. Mcneelys story is chilling and there is a good blog out there that describes it in great detail. Describes the full array of Marios tacics of bullying-suspension without hearing-no fair process and the conflict of interest of the adjudicators. Case study in bullying.

Here is a link to the Mcneely story, very interesting events.

http://aemcraephoto.blogspot.com/2007/04/emsa-disciplenary-actions.html

By the way 1867 I know you definitely don't do any bowing down to my "greater knowledge". That would be a first.

I assume these old board guys are going to go underground or at the least their so called freinds will give them a fairly wide berth. More weekends like this last one and it will be very difficult to get people to appear in public to carry out their bidding. Fred Kern and Ray calvin were hooted out of Three Hills and the press has been brutal on them all. Mario looked like a cornered rat with Mark Connely and it appeared that he cut the interview short as the last scene was Mario closing the front doors of the EMSA office. Really, how does one stand in front of people or the press and explain how what they are doing is right when it is so clearly despicable. Looks good on them-now maybe if Maestraci and Traficante got the same scrutiny...

Here is an exact quote from an email Mario sent to ASA staff last month. Of course, since this email at least 4 staff members have been terminated and a security guard posted at the office door. But remember, he is not a bully. Ask Anyone.

From this moment on you are instructed not to communicate with the suspended President. If for whatever reasons you personally do not recognize the authority of the CSA and the legal board of the Alberta Soccer Association we will make the time to ensure that you have your exit interview early next week. Thank you for your attention to this matter and remember any communication with the suspended President will be considered insubordination.

Mario Charpentier

OC-more quotes and emails from Mario please-there are so many. There was an email where he insulted and obliquely threatened the CASA rep and other rural districts who were in EMSA-it was sent out to everyone-i will try to find it. There are so many-i will look for them and see what I can do. In fact almost everything he sends out has threats and bullying. A favorite of mine is when he gave Mr. Billings a letter telling him to resign or he would be publicly humiliated. If anyone has more of the same send it.

Given how the tide has turned so badly against Mario and company there must be some very worried people at the CSA. This could be the biggest backfire for the anti-governance change groups ever, both at the ASA and the CSA. They are on the run and like others have pointed out very few will stick their necks out for them now. The Tier4 fiasco must have seemed like such a good idea at the time. In the end it showed how petty and irrelevant Mario's group is. When Mario is finally deposed it will only stiffen the resolve of those seeking positive changes throughout Canada and if the old guard were in withdrawal before they will be in full panic stricken retreat shortly.

Expect Mario to say "I can't comment because it's before the courts" and try to drag it out as long as possible.

this one doesn't show him as a bully. More as someone who really distorts the truth. None of the staffing decisions had to do with money. They were about control and intimidation

True - Mario and gang didn't change the locks 3 times. They only did it twice. Everyone has been welcome at meetings held by Chris, including Mario, Colin and their little gang of followers

This email was addressed to a specific individual whose name I have removed and sent to all the districts. So many misdirects and half-truths that you can't even really comment on it.

Re: the suspension of Billings. Mario has attempted to justify the lack of a hearing by comparing Billings to a pedophile. Obviously if you have an accused pedophile in your midst you must suspend him immediately and investigate later. You can't allow him access to children while you investigate. I have never figured out how that applies to the Billings situation.

You have talked about the membership, yet the more information the membership gets from our side, the more they are realizing that you and the suspended president are shamefully misleading them.

I did not call a second SGM, there was a request by some of the membership to the board to get a SGM and get all of the facts, and so we scheduled a SGM to put everything on the table. Knowing this the suspended individual and his advisors realized that if the truth got out they would lose all credibility. So he called an illegal earlier meeting in order to control the information that the membership received. We all know now that many of them realize that they went to that meeting under false pretenses. If this continues, it will be just you and the suspended president left.

I was not the one that did not attend the investigation/discipline hearings in April and then again in June. Again he did not follow the proper procedures outlined in the bylaws. In this country no one is above the law, but apparently you guys think you are. The ASA Bylaws entitle members to one hearing if the person doesn't show they are suspended until he/she request a new hearing. In good faith and as per CSA directions we called a second hearing, again he was a no show. If he did not like the discipline panel why didn’t just show up, and then if he did not like the result appeal to CSA? Then again I am sure that every panel that disagrees with his view would be biased.

I did not ask the Bank to freeze the ASA account, contrary to what you guys have told the membership. This then forced us to make some tough staffing decisions; you know perfectly who did it.

I did not go to the government to freeze the ASA grants; again you know who did it.

I did not change the locks in the offices at least 3 times, putting a lot of stress on the staff that you and the suspended president pretend to defend so hard, again you know who did it.

Mario's quite right when he says he's not a bully (with sarcasm). He just gets Magdi, duBerger, Hayne plus a few others to do the grunt work for him

I think the lady from sherwood park got to fire the last employee for Mario. Of course she had the security guard and Anthony Traficante-operations manager, there to back her up....lol

The CSA is now threatening the members who have filed for legal action, stating that it is contrary to CSA Bylaws and that CSA will take appropriate action. Apparently the CSA is above Canadian law. Would somebody let the Supreme Court of Canada know this, the last time I heard they were under the mistaken impression that they were the ultimate level of jurisprudence in Canada, I guess they must have been misinformed. Or maybe the CSA is only superior to Alberta Courts. Who knows, maybe Mario can fill us in.

The CSA is now threatening the members who have filed for legal action, stating that it is contrary to CSA Bylaws and that CSA will take appropriate action. Apparently the CSA is above Canadian law. Would somebody let the Supreme Court of Canada know this, the last time I heard they were under the mistaken impression that they were the ultimate level of jurisprudence in Canada, I guess they must have been misinformed. Or maybe the CSA is only superior to Alberta Courts. Who knows, maybe Mario can fill us in.

I didn't see CSA threatening Mario and Colin when they initiated legal action. I guess they are just being selective in who they pick on.

Nice work anonymous CSA lurkers.

CSA needs to be careful here. ASA registers as a non profit association, with bylaws conforming to the Societies Act (or equivalent) approved by the Government of Alberta. They have to be Alberta law compliant otherwise they would not qualify for provincial funding. Province of Alberta sends substantial grant money to ASA (and thence CSA) because they are registered under the Societies Act etc.

Now CSA says Courts of Law in AB have no jurisdiction.

My immediate response from Government would be "Cool - you just saved us a F150 load of money, because we will only fund law abiding entities, and not some quasi criminal independent enterprise".

With that, goodbye grants. CSA needs to ensure that thay keep a funding stream open, (allowing the governance disputes to go to court) and stick to soccer operations (which they suck at anyway). Come on down Mr CSA, let's see you take on the Court of Queen's Bench out here. You may win, but guess what, the public that is now TOTALLY po'd at Mario and the old guard will now inlcude you lot in their gunsights.

This isn't like FIFA crossing swords with <African government> - they purported to ban their international players for 2 years. That's operations. If they said they were cutting the grants to their national soccer organization for non performance, FIFA wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Mario and his "board" and the CSA executive backing them are looking increasingly desperate everyday. I have heard the rumour that they (Mario and Colin) hired a PR consultant to help rebuild their image. If that is true, they should have hired a better one because it isn't working.

Dan Barnes said it best "Another Fabulous use of ASA funds" Of course he was talking about the security guards posted at the door.

Their actions have turned the vast majority against them. It will be a real struggle for them from here on out.

Archived