Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing to keep in mind - this is tentative. Many will remember that Mario has consented to terms of agreement before, only to do a 180 afterwards. They may believe that CSA will suspend the originators of the actions before terms of consent are signed, thus leaving them in the clear to resume their activities again. I don't think there will be dancing in the streets quite yet, a lot can happen betwen now and next Thursday. One benefit of this adjournment for Mario is a break in the bad P.R. area, he will be hoping things may fade into the background for a bit. One big plus is that Provincial tournaments can be played this weekend without interference and AMSL games are clear to go.

From the Journal article...

- Charpentier counsel did not attend court Friday morning.

- Under-12 rural provincial tournaments originally scheduled for Stettler and Camrose had been unilaterally re-scheduled by the Charpentier group for Edmonton. Those tournaments should now go ahead as planned in their original locations

So does this mean no more security guards? Billings and Charpentier can both drop by for coffee at ASA HQ on Monday?

Should be interesting...

I'm glad we're hopefully past trying to use the kids as leverage part of this battle.

Let's hope all remaining Provincials continue as planned, the ASA can confirm all locations, schedules and teams can be announced, etc.

Updated: Fri Jul. 16 2010 10:36:42

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100716/edm_soccer_100716/20100716/?hub=EdmontonHome

ctvedmonton.ca

After a late night meeting, a soccer feud between several soccer directors has apparently come to an end. The feuding sides came to an agreement on their own without the help of an Edmonton judge.

The head of Edmonton's Minor Soccer Association and the VP with the Alberta Soccer Association says the dispute came down to abiding the rules off the soccer field.

Mario Charpentier told CTV News Thursday that five districts hadn't paid its fees to the Alberta Soccer Association so the teams could not host tournaments.

But according to the lawyer of some of the districts in question, the fees were paid. Charpentier insisted the fees were not paid and blamed it on personality conflicts.

Then on Thursday evening, the lawyer representing some of the districts says Charpentier agreed to allow the suspended districts to be reinstated, which will allow teams from those districts to play in the U-12 boys and girls tier-four provincials this weekend.

The groups are still trying to decide on an interim group to run the Alberta Soccer Association. The two groups will be back in court next Wednesday at which time if they have not successfully reached an agreement on interim caretaker, a judge will need to take over.

It's still unclear what will happen to the provincials schedule for the rest of the summer.

With files from Laura Tupper

I seem to recall an earlier fairthought99 post that equated absence with guilt ... do you think fairthought99 would still apply that logic now?

Of course not. Like Mario, Fairthought's logic and application of the rules and facts is malleable with each individual circumstance and event.

Plausible deniability. Remember this - "A lawyer is not an association"?

Ergo any agreement hammered out by lawyers is not an agreement between "associations", old board or new board.....give it a few weeks and then the "associations" re-enter the fray.

Plausible deniability. Remember this - "A lawyer is not an association"?

Ergo any agreement hammered out by lawyers is not an agreement between "associations", old board or new board.....give it a few weeks and then the "associations" re-enter the fray.

I still see CSA possibly steppping in to suspend the applicants, then Mario stating that the respondents have no obligation to continue as they have no cause (I think their lawyer would at least warn them away from that route but who knows). I'm betting that Mike T. has told Mario something along those lines. Whether CSA will actually do something remains to be seen.

I still see CSA possibly steppping in to suspend the applicants, then Mario stating that the respondents have no obligation to continue as they have no cause (I think their lawyer would at least warn them away from that route but who knows). I'm betting that Mike T. has told Mario something along those lines. Whether CSA will actually do something remains to be seen.

That sounds about right to me.

Ha! I just read what fairthought said about appealing to the CSA then CONCACAF then FIFA, pardon my ignorance but in my uninformed view isn't that just like climbming the most corrupt ladder ever built?!?!

Yeah I can see a fair and totally just result coming from CONCACAF and FIFA! AHAHAHAHAHA!

sorry but I ve been reading this forum for the last 3 hours and I just couldn't help myself

Ha! I just read what fairthought said about appealing to the CSA then CONCACAF then FIFA, pardon my ignorance but in my uninformed view isn't that just like climbming the most corrupt ladder ever built?!?!

Yeah I can see a fair and totally just result coming from CONCACAF and FIFA! AHAHAHAHAHA!

sorry but I ve been reading this forum for the last 3 hours and I just couldn't help myself

^^^

+1 hahaha

Welcome to the forum StartingEleven. I have been on here since its inception and I have coached minor soccer in Calgary for the last 10-11 years for the biggest club in Calgary AFAIK. With my primary focus on the national team level, reading this thread was an eye-opener to say the least. I am going to be asking some questions of my soccer club next chance I get.

Welcome to the forum StartingEleven. I have been on here since its inception and I have coached minor soccer in Calgary for the last 10-11 years for the biggest club in Calgary AFAIK. With my primary focus on the national team level, reading this thread was an eye-opener to say the least. I am going to be asking some questions of my soccer club next chance I get.

There's no doubt Ed, that if you guys, Blizzard, NSD, Foothills, Chinook were able to gang up on CMSA it could break the back of the Mario/Colin crew. Trouble is Steen knows he's holding a powerful card and loves the opportunity to be king maker.

Thanks Ed, I grew up playing here in Calgary but my best years were playing top-tier in Vancouver in the late 90 to mid 2000's, I had not realized as a kid in Calgary that this was happening and not until I returned in '06 did I see such a huge problem in Alberta, although I have not seen anything first hand I have heard stories (real bad ones) from reliable sources, and just wanted to become better informed on what is happening so that I may help in anyway I can, my son will start to play soon and I would love nothing more than to be a part of that, and also help in muy community... I hope this all gets resolved soon.

Thanks Ed, I grew up playing here in Calgary but my best years were playing top-tier in Vancouver in the late 90 to mid 2000's, I had not realized as a kid in Calgary that this was happening and not until I returned in '06 did I see such a huge problem in Alberta, although I have not seen anything first hand I have heard stories (real bad ones) from reliable sources, and just wanted to become better informed on what is happening so that I may help in anyway I can, my son will start to play soon and I would love nothing more than to be a part of that, and also help in muy community... I hope this all gets resolved soon.

Where/who did you play for in Vancouver?

By top-tier I meant premier vancouver metro league, not really a big deal I just meant the best football years of my life... I have however been lucky enough to play alongside and against some of the Nats we know and love of years gone by and many ex-u23 players... some of which I hope will be on that plane with me to toronto to see Canada whoop Peru! But I digress. This is the wrong thread for this... sorry dudes

Ok-that is it-after seeing the wisdom of Afterthoughts comments and his or her commanding use of the bold and UPPER CASE i have decided to join Marios army. i renounce my former puppetmaster Chris-the corrupt one-Billings and his evil and corrupt ways.

I am ready for assignment:

I am prepared to post on websights without any regard to logic or truth.

I am prepared to go to youth provincials and take medals away from kids-would prefer to take them at -12 girls tier 4. Those little brats dont deserve them and why let Fred and that Ray guy have all the fun.

I am prepared to go in and fire innocent staff who merely want to do their jobs and support their families-maybe just bullying them will be necessary but firing is a lot more satisfying-why let Christine Chaters have all the fun?.

I am prepared to sit on suspension boards and kick out all sorts of people who will try to claim they are only trying to make soccer better-yeah right. Perhaps if we just suspend them forever we wont need meetings-either way.

Hopefully one of these jobs will be available to me. I really want to make a difference in soccer.

So-Afterthought-please put a good word in to the good one Mario so i can get started right away.

Sorry-thread killer. I was being ironic...

To early man .. to early :)

Basil: Listen, don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. [returns to the Germans] So! It's all forgotten now, and let's hear no more about it. So, that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering, and four Colditz salads.

Basil: Is there something wrong?

Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war?

Basil: Me! You started it!

Elder Herr: We did not start it!

Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.

- Fawlty Towers

Archived