David Edgar Signs 4-years with BURNLEY

djcuse

Wow...Didn't see that coming. Happy for the guy as long as he can factor into their plans and survive relegation this coming season. My boss is a huge Burnley fan and I will raz him for a bit about this.

thanks for the post

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

If he wants to play premier league ball im surprised at his decision to sign a four year deal. I don't see them surviving this season. Oh well he will see a lot of time at this club.

I'm sure alot of people said the same about Hull or Stoke when they went up last season.

Anything is possible.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

If he wants to play premier league ball im surprised at his decision to sign a four year deal. I don't see them surviving this season. Oh well he will see a lot of time at this club.

Well, he is young so Burnley would want to lock him up in case a richer team shows interest in the future. And I havent' read the article yet but there might be an opt out clause if Burnley does get relegated.

Good for him! I saw quite a few Burnley games on tv last season and was always impressed with the quality of football they played. They had quite a few Premier League scalps in both cups too. Here's hoping they can manage to stay up this year.

quote:Originally posted by greenfield

Anyone know if he's likely to see more playing time with them? I'm not familiar with Burnley. Good luck with your new team David!

one of the articles posted in the other edgar thread says that he chose burnley because of a guarantee to see lots of time on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

an interview with edgar...sounds like he will miss the first game because of card trouble from last season...

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/burnleyfc/Owen-Coyle-welcomes-new-signings.5425353.jp

he has the 6th most premiership experience on the team....could be a long season...they didnt make a large number of moves for a team that finished 5th in the CCC last year.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

No more than Forrest or DeVos picked up. Both of those guys are back to "normal" after a few years home. He's a confident kid, which is nice to see. Not too sure about Burnley's chances though.

DeVos never picked up a noticeable accent. I went over to Ipswich and met him in his last year of playing as well as listening to him give colour commentary once while out injured.

quote:Originally posted by brandon

It sounds about right considering how long he's been over there...

Yeah, it's mild. Unlike a certain someone else who developed an English accent without having ever lived in England up to that point...

Archived