Montreal Impact friendly matches

The team is playing it's first match next saturday.

There was an article in yesterday JDM that said Montreal would play a 60 minute match against the Houston Dynamo beetween the first and second leg of the CCL quarter final match. That article also stated that Nick DeSantis was negotiating with Fiorentina about a north american tour. Nick is looking for opponents for the Italian club in the MLS.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

There was an article in yesterday JDM that said Montreal would play a 60 minute match against the Houston Dynamo beetween the first and second leg of the CCL quarter final match. That article also stated that Nick DeSantis was negotiating with Fiorentina about a north american tour. Nick is looking for opponents for the Italian club in the MLS.

I would love to see a Brasilian club team brought to Canada to play the Impact then on to TFC and Whitecaps, Gremio would be good choice.

Then they could play New England and New Jersey.. for big attendances in strong Brasilian markets.

Of course I could just settle for Fiorentina .. and bring my scarf out when the play TFC...

quote:Originally posted by mtl-supporter23

O I could see it happening already in Montreal where the game will be pro Fiorentina. Not much purple in the stands but the panzees with the Italian flags will be in surplus.

Hic.....Hic...go have another Beer, Ostie d'ivrogne! [:o)]If you don't watch it, they will steal your women, and leave you singing with a falsetto voice.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

do you have a link?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

do you have a link?

Impact site, easy:

http://www.montrealimpact.com/index.aspx?language=EN

Beat Attak 2-0 on a early then late goal, Srdjan in goal. Then today beat Laval U 8-0 with Sebrango getting the hattrick, rest of goals spread around, Jordan in goal. Unnamed rival next Saturday.

Since they'll be in Florence for the first two weeks of Feb it makes sense that they'll try to work on a Fiore tour including them next summer.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Impact site, easy:

http://www.montrealimpact.com/index.aspx?language=EN

Beat Attak 2-0 on a early then late goal, Srdjan in goal. Then today beat Laval U 8-0 with Sebrango getting the hattrick, rest of goals spread around, Jordan in goal. Unnamed rival next Saturday.

Since they'll be in Florence for the first two weeks of Feb it makes sense that they'll try to work on a Fiore tour including them next summer.

I meant the link that said they would be playing Houston, and the one that actually said they are working on a Fiorentina tour...

do you have a link?

http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/archives/2009/01/20090113-111100.html

Puis, afin de peaufiner encore davantage la «forme de match» de ses joueurs, DeSantis est sur le point de conclure une entente avec le Dynamo de Houston, seul club de la MLS encore en lice dans la ronde quart de finale de la Ligue des Champions, en vue de disputer un match amical au Texas, le 28 février.

La rencontre, d'une durée d'une heure, ferait l'affaire des deux clubs puisque les matchs retours de leur quart de finale respectif auront lieu trois jours plus tard pour le Dynamo, opposé au FC Atlante, et cinq jours plus tard pour l'Impact.

do you have a link?

http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/archives/2009/01/20090113-111100.html

Puis, afin de peaufiner encore davantage la «forme de match» de ses joueurs, DeSantis est sur le point de conclure une entente avec le Dynamo de Houston, seul club de la MLS encore en lice dans la ronde quart de finale de la Ligue des Champions, en vue de disputer un match amical au Texas, le 28 février.

La rencontre, d'une durée d'une heure, ferait l'affaire des deux clubs puisque les matchs retours de leur quart de finale respectif auront lieu trois jours plus tard pour le Dynamo, opposé au FC Atlante, et cinq jours plus tard pour l'Impact.

Sebrango and Placentino were the goal scorers and Srdjan Djekanovic played a half in nets. I just found it interesting that despite all of the returning players for the Impact team that the new faces are getting most of the press. The pictures from the game, posted on the Impact, site include Sebrango and Placentino, Brillant, Brown and diLorenzo, but also Mayard, Uwimana, Suprenant, deRoux and Mayard. It is normal, I guess for early season friendly games to feature the players that are fighting to make an impression more than the established starters. With the importance of the upcoming CONCACAF matches I just hope that the best 11 get time to gel together.

Guest Jeffery S.

I know they are trying to ensure a strong performance vs. Santos Laguna, but this is way too early to be in pre-season for a team that does not start its league until mid April.

That kind of set-up usually means strong start but early burnout. Watch for it.

I know they are trying to ensure a strong performance vs. Santos Laguna, but this is way too early to be in pre-season for a team that does not start its league until mid April.

I kinda agree with you here, but its an akward situation for the club and what else can they do. I mean if they do manage to get by Santos it would be one of if not the biggest moment in their club's history.

Not to be an ass but last season the exact opposite of what you say happened. Started slowly, and then finished up strong...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by MastaK

Not to be an ass but last season the exact opposite of what you say happened. Started slowly, and then finished up strong...

The problem is that they are effectively going to do two preseasons. If you start early, by mid season you could show tiredness, even with a big squad, and if you start late, you start slower and finish strong. That is the normal sequence.

One preseason now, for the Santos Laguna match-up. And if they do not go through, then they'll have to gear down and start all over again, go into another 6 week preseason. That is tough.

Of course if they go through then it will have made sense, and they just may be on form for the early part of the league and their 4 Voyageur Cup games (which I suspect could be done before the Gold Cup starts, or could be put off while the GC is on). I know they held up great this last year with a very tough year-end schedule, but that was not normal, what would normally happen is that they'd burn out in the midst of the travel and play ever four days.

The problem is that they are effectively going to do two preseasons. If you start early, by mid season you could show tiredness, even with a big squad, and if you start late, you start slower and finish strong. That is the normal sequence.

One preseason now, for the Santos Laguna match-up. And if they do not go through, then they'll have to gear down and start all over again, go into another 6 week preseason. That is tough.

Of course if they go through then it will have made sense, and they just may be on form for the early part of the league and their 4 Voyageur Cup games (which I suspect could be done before the Gold Cup starts, or could be put off while the GC is on). I know they held up great this last year with a very tough year-end schedule, but that was not normal, what would normally happen is that they'd burn out in the midst of the travel and play ever four days.

The V-cup games will definitely be done before the Gold cup since the preliminary round of the 2009-2010 CCL starts in late July this year and the Gold cup will be played from July 3rd to July 26th...

You forgot they have two full USL caliber squads [:P]

From the team website:

During this trip, the Impact should play four exhibition games. The Impact should face AC Pistoiese (Serie C1), February 5, VF Colligiana (Serie C2), February 7, USD Fiesole Caldine (Division Eccellenza), February 10, and Prato AC (Serie C2), February 12. The Impact is also in discussions with Pisa (Serie B) and a first division Romanian team.

also

A total of 22 players will be travelling to Italy, including two players in trying out from the Trois Rivières Attak, the Montreal Impact reserve team: forward Pierre-Rudolph Mayard and defender Mike Vitulano.

PISE, Italie – L’Impact de Montréal et le club italien de deuxième division Pisa (Série B) ont fait match nul 0-0, mercredi, à l’occasion du premier match préparatoire en Italie, disputé à l’Arena Garibaldi - Stade Romeo Anconetani, à Pise.

« Nous avons bien fait contre une équipe de grande qualité, a déclaré l’entraîneur-chef John Limniatis. Ils étaient un niveau au-dessus de nous, principalement en ce qui a trait à la vitesse d’exécution étant donné qu’il s’agit d’une équipe au milieu de son championnat. En général c’était bien parce que nous avons travaillé fort. C’était une excellente préparation. »

Tel que prévu, ce match a été un excellent test pour nous qui nous permet de retrouver la forme, a noté le vétéran défenseur Nevio Pizzolitto. On avait besoin d’un match à ce degré d’intensité. Nous n’avons pas joué à notre meilleur, mais nous avons bien travaillé en équipe, alors c’est positif. »

Le gardien Matt Jordan a joué tout le match et a enregistré le jeu blanc, après avoir notamment effectué un arrêt à bout portant en toute fin de première demie, lorsque l’attaquant de Pisa Mirko Antenucci a dévié le centre au premier poteau de son coéquipier Edgar Álvarez.

Pour ce premier match en sol italien, John Limniatis a fait appel à tous les joueurs, à l’exception des joueurs blessés Stefano Pesoli (genou), Simon Gatti (cuisse) et Patrick Leduc (pied), de même que le gardien substitut Srdjan Djekanovic.

L’Impact a désormais un dossier de 3-0-1 en quatre matchs hors-concours depuis le début du camp d’entraînement et n’a toujours pas concédé de but à l’adversaire.

L'Impact disputera un deuxième match préparatoire en Italie, demain, contre l’AC Pistoiese (Série C1), à 15h00 (9h, heure normale de l’Est).

ALIGNEMENT IMPACT

G-Matt Jordan, D-Stephen deRoux (Rocco Placentino, 55e), D-Cédric Joqueviel (Mike Vitulano, 55e), D-Nevio Pizzolitto, D-Adam Braz, M-Leonardo Di Lorenzo, M-Sandro Grande, M-David Testo (Mauro Biello, 55e), M-Joey Gjertsen (Félix Brillant, 55e), A-Roberto Brown (Tony Donatelli, 55e), A-Eduardo Sebrango (Pierre-Rudolph Mayard, 70e)

-30-

Source : Patrick Vallée, Impact de Montréal

Info : 514-653-0539 (en Italie)

Pièces jointes

Archived