How many tickets sold for the Big O???

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

This article is so out-dated that today the ticket office in Montreal have finally confirmed to me that tickets have all been sold-out officially this morning...All tickets have been sold-out, according to the Montreal ticket office

No no, it's actually "no tickets have BEEN sold." You misunderstood.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is not sold out.

Mods Luis has several times posted purposely posted false information on the thread. Additionally he continues to make his "How many tickets have they sold?" posts that are clearly only designed to irritate other posters (not to mention the lame Ron Jeremy jokes though these are not against forum rules). This type of behaviour should warrant him getting at least a warning if not a temporary suspension from the forum.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

The game is not sold out.

Mods Luis has several times posted purposely posted false information on the thread. Additionally he continues to make his "How many tickets have they sold?" posts that are clearly only designed to irritate other posters (not to mention the lame Ron Jeremy jokes though these are not against forum rules). This type of behaviour should warrant him getting at least a warning if not a temporary suspension from the forum.

Grizzly, take a Midol. If it weren't for Luis this thread would not have existed, would not have been so much fun, would not have been one I have come back to. He made it and basically sustained it. Otherwise it would have been a dud. And you want to warn previous to ban someone on the basis of inexact speculative ticket sales figures?

And they say I can be a bit psychotic, you take it man.

Guest Jeffery S.

Okay, let's clean up the thread: the number of tickets sold has risen steadily since being made available, until reaching a near sell-out. End of thread.

This is what the majority of you come onto this board for: factual information. Well you got it, so sign off and go do something useful with your lives. Obviously this is not the place for you to be screwing around talking about a sport.

Edit: this is the most posted on hot thread on the board over the last week, and the most visited, and I can assure you that has nothing to do with general interest amongst Canadian soccer fans regarding ticket sales in Montreal. The thread is visited because it is entertaining, it is like a little story, a narrative, and the person primarily responsible for driving the story forward with any interest is Luis, like it or not.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Edit: this is the most posted on hot thread on the board over the last week, and the most visited, and I can assure you that has nothing to do with general interest amongst Canadian soccer fans regarding ticket sales in Montreal. The thread is visited because it is entertaining, it is like a little story, a narrative, and the person primarily responsible for driving the story forward with any interest is Luis, like it or not.

Correction: YOU visit this thread because you find it entertaining. Most canadian soccer fans visit this thread because they want to know how many people will be at the Big O on February 25 as it will probably be one of the biggest crowds in recent history of soccer in Canada...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by MastaK

Correction: YOU visit this thread because you find it entertaining. Most canadian soccer fans visit this thread because they want to know how many people will be at the Big O on February 25 as it will probably be one of the biggest crowds in recent history of soccer in Canada...

You poor deluded fool. What a sad impression you have of Canadian soccer fans.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Okay, let's clean up the thread: the number of tickets sold has risen steadily since being made available, until reaching a near sell-out. End of thread.

False. According to Legendre, we're near 40 K, which leaves over 15,000 tickets available.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

False. According to Legendre, we're near 40 K, which leaves over 15,000 tickets available.

See how exciting it is for everyone to go back and forth on this, thrilling stuff. The thread on how many tix sold has three times as many posts and thousands more visits than the one on the supporter's section.

I am looking forward to how this thread evolves after the sell-out has been officially announced, going to be exciting.

Anyone who can find misinformation exciting must be very easily amused. If we want a thread about a fictitious number of tickets sold, why not make a thread called: "False Number of Tickets Sold for Champions League Match, Entertainment Guaranteed, although that's probably false as well."

quote:Originally posted by Tintin

Anyone who can find misinformation exciting must be very easily amused. If we want a thread about a fictitious number of tickets sold, why not make a thread called: "False Number of Tickets Sold for Champions League Match, Entertainment Guaranteed, although that's probably false as well."

If you know the thread is full of misinformation, and this seems to disturb you, why bother posting?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Tintin

Anyone who can find reality so interesting must have a serious problem with life in general. Loosen up. Or tell us then: just how interested are you in knowing the numbers of tix sold? Stats fanatic?

1. "If you know the thread is full of misinformation and it seems to disturb you, why bother posting?" It doesn't "disturb me". I'm just pointing out that it's misleading.

2. "Anyone who can find reality so interesting must have a serious problem with life in general. Loosen up. Or tell us then: just how interested are you in knowing the number of tix stold? Stats fanatic?" Someone who is curious to know how well tickets to this match are selling "has a problem with life in general" is a "stats fanatic" and needs to "loosen up"? Like other people on here, I want what's best for the game in this country, and so am curious to know how well this match is selling. I never would have thought the Impact could have sold more than 5000 tickets for a game like this, and I'm happy to see that I underestimated the interest in this match.

Most posts I see on here are looking for the same information I am, as well as ticket prices, etc. I have no problem with people saying it's sold out twice over, or no tickets have been sold or whatever. Those are obviously not true and meant for a bit of fun.

Bonne chance Montréal

All bizarre posturing aside,

MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact announced Friday it had sold more than 42,000 tickets for the quarterfinal game of the CONCACAF Champions League, on February 25, at Olympic Stadium. With this milestone, the Impact has established a new sales record for a CONCACAF game. In 2005, approximately 40,000 people had assisted to the Champions Cup final game between Pumas UNAM (Mexico) and Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica).

“Less than two weeks from the game, fans continue to demonstrate great interest for this historical game,” said Montreal Impact Executive Vice President Richard Legendre. “With the team coming back to Montreal and resuming training at Olympic Stadium, we believe that interest for the match will further increase. Sales could reach unexpected levels. ”

Several excellent tickets are still available through Admission (514-790-1245 / 1-800-361-4595 / admission.com) and at the ticket offices of Olympic Stadium and Saputo Stadium.

I like how it says "several"... sounds like there's only 5 or 6 left haha. Bad translation.

Archived