How many tickets sold for the Big O???

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I think the Impact are letting this match go on the cheap, releasing too many tickets at too cheap a price to youth associations, for all that I still find myself left with saying WOW.

Really. Wow.

Discounted tickets, novelty factor, whatever. Doesn't matter. If Saputo can move the number of tickets it's looking like he's going to be able to move that is impressive by any measurement under any circumstance.

If 40K tickets get sold for a cup match in Montreal against a little known Mexican side in a hither to unknown tourney again, I'm left saying WOW.

Good job, Montreal. Good job.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Actually Bratworst was making a general comment on the fickle nature of soccer support on this continent, not a gloating jab at the MLS. Not everyone on here sees everything in a partisan light. Shocking I know.

Your mind reading skills are out of this world. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Pawel

I don't understand what this post is meant to convey....anyone want to help me out?

lol... what I was trying to "convey" was that next to the listing of the largest attendance was "**WINNER due to BRazil-Venezuela Double Header" and that almost every other large attendance was due to Beckham being in the stadium (ie: San Jose 40,000). It takes a spectacle, not regular league play and passion for your team to bring a big crowd to the MLS which is a shame, and what will bring a decent crowd if Beckham leaves this spring? Hopefully I'm wrong and attendance continues to rise for all the right reasons

quote:Originally posted by Bratworst

lol... what I was trying to "convey" was that next to the listing of the largest attendance was "**WINNER due to BRazil-Venezuela Double Header" and that almost every other large attendance was due to Beckham being in the stadium (ie: San Jose 40,000). It takes a spectacle, not regular league play and passion for your team to bring a big crowd to the MLS which is a shame, and what will bring a decent crowd if Beckham leaves this spring? Hopefully I'm wrong and attendance continues to rise for all the right reasons

Oh cool, so what does this have to do with the Champions League? I'm very dense, you have to explain it to me.

quote:Originally posted by Bratworst

As time goes on, there will be less of the big crowds, as more teams get into smaller SSS's.

One-off big crowds are useless when book-ended by low five-figure attendances.

quote:Originally posted by MTL_4_LIFE

I was at the hockey game on saturday and the Bell Centre was advertising the Feb.25 game on the score board. They were at least showing it twice, during every period.

I was pretty surprised.

That is very cool to hear.

This article is so out-dated that today the ticket office in Montreal have finally confirmed to me that tickets have all been sold-out officially this morning...All tickets have been sold-out, according to the Montreal ticket office

------------------------------

Impact could sell out Olympic Stadium

February 9, 2009

MONTREAL — The Montreal Impact could be greeted by a crowd of 55,000 for its CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final game against Mexico’s Club Santos Laguna at Olympic Stadium Feb. 25.

“Capacity (for soccer) is about 55,000. We’re not there and it’s too early to think of more than 50,000,” Impact executive vice-president Richard Legendre said Monday. “But, obviously, it looks like we’re going to be over 40,000.

“We’re a bit above 35,000 now and we’re very excited about that,” Legendre said. “We haven’t set any new objective for ticket sales because it’s hard to tell what might happen. We said at the beginning we expected 30,000 because we wanted to be prudent. Ticket sales have certainly gone better than expected.”

The Impact concludes its two-week training camp in Italy Thursday and returns to Montreal Friday. The team is set to start practising at the stadium Monday or Tuesday.

Legendre said the artificial surface, the same used for last November’s CFL Grey Cup game, has been installed at the stadium and whether the team starts practice there as scheduled will depend on the weather.

Montreal Gazette

© Copyright © Canwest News Service

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Impact+could+sell+Olympic+Stadium/1271211/story.html

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

This article is so out-dated that today the ticket office in Montreal have finally confirmed to me that tickets have all been sold-out officially this morning...All tickets have been sold-out, according to the Montreal ticket office

------------------------------

You can still get 10 in a row on Admission. So, it's not sold out.

Archived