Suazo injured

Trevino

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

English language article.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/22/Sagres-Liga-Suazo-injury-update/

Good. Take whatever help we can get right now. Club injuries. Locker room battles. Bad batch of shrimp at the hotel restaurant where the Honduran team will be staying. Keep 'em coming!

Good idea. Anyone living in Honduras that can help us out here ;)

Seriously though- Suazo out can only help us.

This is pathetic! What hopes do we have of standing up to a major team in a world cup when we are praying for injuries and locker room battles.. Just face it that this time around we do not have what it takes PERIOD.. Mitchell will remain the coach and we will not qualify.. If we do I will be happy but we must play better.. i want to beat Honduras with their full team because we can use this test... This stupid twist of fortune is a load of ####... Our A team versus their A team would certainly benefit us more in the long run and may the best team win.. So far they have proven to be the better team.... I hope we do qualify but only if we deserve it.. So far we don't!

quote:Originally posted by Derosario23

This is pathetic! What hopes do we have of standing up to a major team in a world cup when we are praying for injuries and locker room battles.. Just face it that this time around we do not have what it takes PERIOD.. Mitchell will remain the coach and we will not qualify.. If we do I will be happy but we must play better.. i want to beat Honduras with their full team because we can use this test... This stupid twist of fortune is a load of ####... Our A team versus their A team would certainly benefit us more in the long run and may the best team win.. So far they have proven to be the better team.... I hope we do qualify but only if we deserve it.. So far we don't!

Well Canada will be without one of their top offensive weapons (your namesake!). It all evens out. Do you think Honduras was thinking "Damn, DeRosario won't be playing, it won't be Canada's A-team, and hence we won't deserve victory"? I doubt that.

This is a good break for Canada, but it certainly doesn't give us the 3 points IN Honduras. Lighten up!

Um, what? I mean, I'm all for winning with honour and pride and all that, but this is World Cup qualifying, for God's sakes... the most important part is winning. I hate to introduce an example from American football, but... last year, the Miami Dolphins finished the regular season with one win and 15 losses. The New England Patriots finished the season with 16 wins and 0 losses. Earlier this season, the Patriots' star quarterback, Tom Brady, got injured and was lost for the season. Then, this past Sunday, the Dolphins handily defeated the Patriots, something that would have been unthinkable at the start of the year. Do you think Miami players and fans are saying "well, this doesn't really count, because it wasn't their A team"? Hell no! They're ecstatic that they won a game many people thought they wouldn't. It doesn't make the Dolphins "better" than the Patriots, but I doubt they care, because at the end of the day, in professional sports, there will always be injuries and other variables, but a win is a win (and it doesn't always go to the "better" team).

quote:Originally posted by squizz

Um, what? I mean, I'm all for winning with honour and pride and all that, but this is World Cup qualifying, for God's sakes... the most important part is winning. I hate to introduce an example from American football, but... last year, the Miami Dolphins finished the regular season with one win and 15 losses. The New England Patriots finished the season with 16 wins and 0 losses. Earlier this season, the Patriots' star quarterback, Tom Brady, got injured and was lost for the season. Then, this past Sunday, the Dolphins handily defeated the Patriots, something that would have been unthinkable at the start of the year. Do you think Miami players and fans are saying "well, this doesn't really count, because it wasn't their A team"? Hell no! They're ecstatic that they won a game many people thought they wouldn't. It doesn't make the Dolphins "better" than the Patriots, but I doubt they care, because at the end of the day, in professional sports, there will always be injuries and other variables, but a win is a win (and it doesn't always go to the "better" team).

As a Dolphins fan I can confirm this :D

What?

Long term is no longer in our picture. It's all about here and now. Yeah it's pathetic but we're also on 1 point after 3 matches and playing away to the team we HAVE TO beat out to advance into The Hex so go figure.

I hope the whole lot of them come down with extremely painful urinary tract infections. And not just the 1st team. The B squad, the ball boys, everyone.

And I for one firmly believe our long term picture would be much better served by winning through to The Hex (and the 10 matches that'll bring in '09) than if we bomb out of WCQ at this stage.

Mitch is a Dead Man Walking. He knows it, the players know it, and I think it's odvious CSA HQ knows it to. They just need a little time to scoop a real international coach.

Like between November and the start of The Hex. Think I could like with that, pathetic though it sounds.

If we make the HEX Mitchell won't be sacked I hope you do know this.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

What?

Long term is no longer in our picture. It's all about here and now. Yeah it's pathetic but we're also on 1 point after 3 matches and playing away to the team we HAVE TO beat out to advance into The Hex so go figure.

I hope the whole lot of them come down with extremely painful urinary tract infections. And not just the 1st team. The B squad, the ball boys, everyone.

And I for one firmly believe our long term picture would be much better served by winning through to The Hex (and the 10 matches that'll bring in '09) than if we bomb out of WCQ at this stage.

Mitch is a Dead Man Walking. He knows it, the players know it, and I think it's odvious CSA HQ knows it to. They just need a little time to scoop a real international coach.

Like between November and the start of The Hex. Think I could like with that, pathetic though it sounds.

^ Nope. Make The Hex, don't make The Hex, I think he's dead either way.

You do realize if we make The Hex we'll be one step from the World Cup, have 5 home fixtures and be odds on favourates for finishing in the top 4? The public attention making The Hex is going to bring to football in this country will be unprecedented. Massive.

The weight of which will overwhelm the CSA for good or bad. I'm absolutely convinced making The Hex is an ends to a means for CSA reformers.

quote:Originally posted by sinhaya

Any word on the television coverage for the Honduras match?

My guess is that, as usual, Sportsnet will wait to see if there's anything "better" on before they commit to broadcast times for the match. But it does appear that Game 2 of the American League Championship Series is tentatively scheduled for October 11. Yikes.

Archived