OFFICIAL Prediction Thread: CAN v MEX (Sept.10)

Bertuzzi44

I just played the game on FIFA 08. Mexico goes out to a 2-0 lead 20 minutes in. Then DeRo scores a freekick in injury time of the first half. In the second half Friend scores on a scramble in front of the goal after a corner. Then in the 80th minute Friend gets pulled down in the box and DeRo scores the penalty so Canada win 3-2. We can always hope...

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

I just played the game on FIFA 08. Mexico goes out to a 2-0 lead 20 minutes in. Then DeRo scores a freekick in injury time of the first half. In the second half Friend scores on a scramble in front of the goal after a corner. Then in the 80th minute Friend gets pulled down in the box and DeRo scores the penalty so Canada win 3-2. We can always hope...

A penalty in the 80th minute v Mexico in Mexico? And your computer didn't explode? If that happens we should all buy lottery tickets ...

using available players :

---------------Lars----------------

Stalteri---McKenna---Hastings---Kluka

-------Serioux------De Guzman-------

Radzinski----Hutchinson----De Rosario

---------------Friend---------------

or with a 4-4-2

---------------Lars--------------------

Stalteri---McKenna---Serioux---Kluka

Radz-----De Guzman----Hutchinson--Brennan

-----------Friend---De Rosario---------

2-1 Canada over Mexico, I like the first set up where Serioux and De Guzman can help out our slow centre backs in Hastings and Mckenna. Also most of the players(save for Hastings) are where they are most comfortable.

I really hope we have Issey available to infuse some life into the squad.

Well...unfortunately we're still managed by that muppet Mitchell. So let's do the math.

3 home games at U-20WC...0 goals.

+

2 homes v the worst two teams in the group...2 goals

+

last clean sheet v a real team....???????

=

the best team in the group will score and we won't. Hopefully only 1 or 2 given Sven's cautious nature but maybe it's 5 or 6 and the CSA is forced into changes. Short term pain for long term gain and all that rot.

quote:Originally posted by 20legend

Well...unfortunately we're still managed by that muppet Mitchell. So let's do the math.

3 home games at U-20WC...0 goals.

+

2 homes v the worst two teams in the group...2 goals

+

last clean sheet v a real team....???????

=

the best team in the group will score and we won't. Hopefully only 1 or 2 given Sven's cautious nature but maybe it's 5 or 6 and the CSA is forced into changes. Short term pain for long term gain and all that rot.

I think Dale Mitchel's luck is about to change tonight. Bad luck cannot continue for that long.

I am optimistic.. for a 3-1 win tonight.

Archived