#3 Sweden 13-1

#6 North Korea 17-1

#14 China 19-1

#9 Canada 26-1

#10 Japan 67-1

#25 Nigeria 101-1

#27 Argentina 251-1

#24 New Zealand 501-1

Sweden, Norway and Canada are all good odds.

Found the schedules below on the CBC site. From past games my understanding is CBC usually hops around with their coverage.

I sure hope these are preliminary schedules and not set in stone. Because according to them, CBC will show the women's basketball final, the women's volleyball quarter-finals, bronze medal and final, and women's rhythmic gymnastics qualifiers and final, but not the women's soccer final. Call me a cynic, but on the morning of the 21st, showing a rhythmic gymnastics qualifier instead of a women's soccer final is a bad joke. There are what, half a million registered female soccer players in Canada. Do we have half a thousand rhythmic gymnasts?

http://cbc.ca/olympics/includes/schedule/pdfs/CBC_TV_Olympics_Sked_Week_One.pdf

http://cbc.ca/olympics/includes/schedule/pdfs/CBC_TV_Olympics_Sked_Week_Two.pdf

http://cbc.ca/olympics/includes/schedule/pdfs/CBC_TV_Olympics_Sked_Week_Three.pdf

The opening day's of Men's and Women's soccer have some pretty stellar matches. On the women's side they could be the best games of the tournament.

Aug 6

Women's: Germany vs. Brazil

Women's: Norway vs. United States

On the men's side we all remember Aguero and Acosta from Argentina winning the U20 here, and they've added Messi, Riquelme and Mascherano as overagers. The Dutch won the U21 and have an insane attack with Drenthe, Makaay and Babel up front and de Guzman pushing forward. Day one see's them both in action against two African heavyweights in what will be classic freewheeling and attacking football, the kind that makes you love the game all over again.

Aug 7

Men's: Cote d'Ivoire vs. Argentina

Men's: Netherlands vs. Nigeria

CBC and TSN won't be showing these, but there is something called the NBC Olympic Soccer Channel that is broadcasting all 26 women's and 32 men's games in HD. All I can find out is that it is a temporary channel that local and regional network providers can opt to pick it up, and it start's broadcasting early Wednesday morning.

http://ballhype.com/story/on_tv_nbc_olympic_soccer_channel/

Some of the other NBC partners are also showing games:

*All times are Eastern Daylight Time and are subject to change.

Wednesday, Aug. 6

MSNBC, 7:30-10 a.m. — Women's Soccer, United States vs. Norway (LIVE).

UNIVERSAL HD, 7:30-10 a.m. — Women's Soccer, United States vs. Norway (Simulcast)

NBC OLYMPIC SOCCER CHANNEL, 5 a.m.-5 p.m. — All Women's games

___

Thursday, Aug. 7

MSNBC, 4:30-7 a.m. — Men's Soccer, USA vs. Japan (LIVE)

TELEMUNDO, 4:30-7 a.m. — Men's Soccer, Honduras vs. Italy (LIVE)

TELEMUNDO, 7:30-10 a.m. — Men's Soccer, Ivory Coast vs. Argentina (LIVE)

UNIVERSAL HD, 4:30-7 a.m. — Men's Soccer, USA vs. Japan (Simulcast)

NBC OLYMPIC SOCCER CHANNEL, 5 a.m.-5 p.m. — All Men's games

Don't count on CNBC or MSNBC showing much olympic coverage.

They usually switch to a World feed instead. I was trying to

watch Olympic Men's on hockey on CNBC and they switched the feed.

CBC is planning on showing plenty of coverage on-line.

In the past two weeks Canada's groupmate China have lost their two best attackers to injury. 2008 Asian Player of the Year candidate midfielder Qu Feifei broke her leg against NZ on the 20th, and 2006 Asian Player of the year striker Ma Xiaoxu tore her ACL against the USA on the 30th.

In all likelihood our final game against Sweden will determine who plays a quarter against North Korea/Japan, and who plays Germany/Brazil. And whichever one of us pumps more past Argentina and China will only have to play for the tie which is a huge advantage (memories of last September in China). I imagine the Swedes will go hard on the attack in their first two group games, and it will be interesting to see how we modify our single-striker defensive formation against weaker sides to generate goal differential.

sting is correct, only Olympic coverage on American network we can see is on NBC as everything else will be blacked out (good for me watching CNBC as we'll get CNBC World instead of inforcommericals). So, other than swimming & gymastics, very little of it is live on NBC.

But CBC has 9 nine streams online - hopefully one of them is footy dedicated. And hopefully through a proxy server, we can also see NBC's 20+ streams also. Otherwise, it is sopcast or some other p2p player which are normally filled with Chinese streams anyway.

Archived