Guess who's back?

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by RJB

What's with the guy in the mask???

That's me actually.

A bunch of TFC supporters have gone with the luchador masks.

No clue why I did it really. Cultural thing I guess you could say?

I suppose you could compare it to someone Scottish wearing a kilt, which does happen at TFC matches.

I'm looking into a red one to better match the Canada kit.

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

That's me actually.

A bunch of TFC supporters have gone with the luchador masks.

No clue why I did it really. Cultural thing I guess you could say?

I suppose you could compare it to someone Scottish wearing a kilt, which does happen at TFC matches.

I'm looking into a red one to better match the Canada kit.

Because Luchadors have a prominent place in Canadian culture?

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Because Luchadors have a prominent place in Canadian culture?

Well no. But you see them at US games too. What does that have to do with American culture?

Part of it is trying to combine my 2 cultures. Their will be more of us at BMO. Although, I hope the Jamaica game isn't at BMO.

What is Canadian culture?

In short a mix of cultures from around the world coming together to create the greatest country in the world. :D Atleast that's how I see it.

Anyways, I don't quite get the cucumber... but I'm sure as hell curious!

The important thing is that we all cheer on Canada.

Whatever it takes to get our boys to South Africa is what I say.

Exactly. I personally thing it looks out of place but I have no problem if someone wants to wear it.

People can do anything they want, as long as people stay safe.

And just get a red or white one.

I cant even understand why it's blue, that doesn't match Toronto at all, ahha.

The cucumbers first appeared in Kingston at the first game against Belize. Some of the Torontonians (I think it was the Keay brothers) bought a barrel full of cucumbers on the way to Kingston probably for no other reason than that they were drunk and thought it was funny. They handed them out at the game to all the Voyageurs and then also to other crowd members who were asking what the significance of the cucumbers was and a tradition was born.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Exactly. I personally thing it looks out of place but I have no problem if someone wants to wear it.

People can do anything they want, as long as people stay safe.

And just get a red or white one.

I cant even understand why it's blue, that doesn't match Toronto at all, ahha.

I asked a friend for a mask and she sent it back from Mexico. Since it was a gift I didn't really have much say as far as the colour. I just told her a few colours I liked and she got it for me.

I'm trying to get a red/light silver one but haven't had the chance to go look for it in Toronto yet. I'm looking for a red maple leaf to add to the front.

The TFC away kit is grey, so they do sort of match then.

Theirs a story to the man behind the mask (not me but the real wrestler), but I'm not going to get into it here...

Anyways the luchadors name is Blue Demon.

Anyways...

I asked a friend for a mask and she sent it back from Mexico. Since it was a gift I didn't really have much say as far as the colour. I just told her a few colours I liked and she got it for me.

I'm trying to get a red/light silver one but haven't had the chance to go look for it in Toronto yet. I'm looking for a red maple leaf to add to the front.

The TFC away kit is grey, so they do sort of match then.

Theirs a story to the man behind the mask (not me but the real wrestler), but I'm not going to get into it here...

Anyways the luchadors name is Blue Demon.

Anyways...

I'm just happy Silver Samurai is supporting Canada although he has roots elsewhere. That's one of our issues is that people think they can't support Canada AND stay true to their heritage. Here is proof that you can, respect. I'd like to see a supporters section with all sorts of things like kilts and luchador masks it'd look cool and sums up Canada well.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

I'm just happy Silver Samurai is supporting Canada although he has roots elsewhere. That's one of our issues is that people think they can't support Canada AND stay true to their heritage. Here is proof that you can, respect. I'd like to see a supporters section with all sorts of things like kilts and luchador masks it'd look cool and sums up Canada well.

I'm from Canada. It's where I was born and where I've been lucky enough to have been raised. Yes I do have Hispanic roots, but my country is Canada. End of story.

Let's just say it makes for some interesting debates @ school since I'm an exec for the Spanish Studies student club and some members feel I'm too "Canadian" in some aspects, but I don't see why it's such a big deal to a) try to promote a culture to others and B) recognize and be thankful of the opportunity this country (Canada) has given us.

What I've said sometimes is if you think "x" country is soo good, why don't you go back?

Anyways this is getting to be too political. Just don't call me a wetback since I'm not. I was born here and proud of it.

Bring on Jamaica!

That cucumber guy is a first rate chap...and I personally know about 45 ladies who would go insane if he wore the mask.

In fact he was the second best looking dude in the stadium that night...unfortunately for you lot that picture doesn't show the him 2 people down from the Cucumber.

Archived