June 20: St-VAG @ CAN (WCQ) - Game thread

Daniel

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

You can buy me my beer at Pub 99 before the match. :)

Hey, hey, getting cocky are ya!? Yeah, i'm going to assume we'll score atleast 3 so no problem...we'll probably get there just after 5pm.

On another note, does anyone know of any decent hotels close to Olympic Park?

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

This has probably already been addressed, but what is the TV situation for Friday? Are we getting the game live out on the left coast? I see a bloody basebore game in the listings. Tell me it ain't so.

Live on Sportsnet West, tape delay on other feeds.

As for the person looking for hotels near Olympic Park: it's not a very nice neighbourhood and far from the action.

As Daniel stated don't stay near Olympic Park. It is very easy and fast to get to the stadium from downtown on the metro. The hotels are nicer downtown and there is nothing to do around Olympic stadium. However, if you must stay near Olympic Park, my brother stayed at the following hotel once and said it was decent and it is very near Saputo Stadium: http://www.auberge-universel.com

quote:Originally posted by Tuscan

So then Friend's back spasms were hopefully an isolated to that evening occurence. Actually, I hope that Gerba gets the start instead due to his performance out there yesterday.

True he did get two goals, but from the audio, it sounded like he also missed a whole heck of a lot of gimmies.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

As Daniel stated don't stay near Olympic Park. It is very easy and fast to get to the stadium from downtown on the metro. The hotels are nicer downtown and there is nothing to do around Olympic stadium. However, if you must stay near Olympic Park, my brother stayed at the following hotel once and said it was decent and it is very near Saputo Stadium: http://www.auberge-universel.com

Thanks Grizz, i took your advice and booked at the Holiday Inn on Sherbrooke. We can cab it down Sherbrooke all the way to the Bar and do the same on the way home.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Thanks Grizz, i took your advice and booked at the Holiday Inn on Sherbrooke. We can cab it down Sherbrooke all the way to the Bar and do the same on the way home.

If you walk down to Berri-UQAM metro (5 minutes), it's a $2 (6 tickets for $12) and <10 minute metro ride.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Take the subway.

Just watch out for the doors! You don't get the warning you get w/ the TTC! That freaked me out!

how the hell is it that our group will have honduras mexico and jamaica when the other group may very well have suriname haiti grenada and panama......that is absolutely ridiculous....the states have an easy ass group too with guatamala cuba and possibly bermuda

in conclusion

CONCACAF HAS F$#KED US ONCE AGAIN

quote:Originally posted by eliko_israel2010

how the hell is it that our group will have honduras mexico and jamaica when the other group may very well have suriname haiti grenada and panama......that is absolutely ridiculous....the states have an easy ass group too with guatamala cuba and possibly bermuda

in conclusion

We have to stop the excuses for our players and make sure CONCACAF has fu(ked Honduras, Mexico and Jamaica, not us!

quote:Originally posted by eliko_israel2010

in conclusion

Panama are far from certain to advance. They only won 1-0 at home. ES will be tough at home.

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

Same thing! [B)] [:I]

Atleast your subway doesn't go on strike at the last minute.

Should be fun when I end up moving to Toronto...

And yes Subway is rather good.

Geez guys your going to eat at Subway when you go to Montreal .... what a waste.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Geez guys your going to eat at Subway when you go to Montreal .... what a waste.

nah, we're going to find some poutine.

And we mean the real stuff, not the cheap crappy kind from BK or Harveys or that Valentine fast food place. Although they do make some nice hot dogs.[:P]

I wish I could remember for the life of me, where their's good poutine in the Latin Quarter... Grr...Would help if I would've gone to get it myself, but when it's -35 and you're wearing a fall jacket, you don't like going outside!

Archived