May 27 - Voyageurs Cup: Montreal vs Toronto [R]

Rudi,

please add the jackpot of coins being whipped at us and some rocks/stones (definitely not pebbles!!) thrown at us too. scarf burning, what is this the middle east??!!!

the biggest problem and i hope Saputo reads this, YOU NEED SECURITY AND POLICE OUTSIDE THE PERIMETER OF YOUR FNCKIN STADIUM!!!!

you are not getting into the MLS if a strong potential rival will encounter this each time.

everyone has a story and will try to make it seem as if it the other persons at fault. some you tube videos will surface and it will speak for itself.

Only TWO EXITS FOR THE ENTIRE STADIUM!!! one that resembles a skateboarders dwelling, tagged with the gangs of montreal. the other exit (although bigger, oooh) is suppose to allow the rest of the capacity through??? at the 40th minute mark, there was still a contingent of spectators STILL!!!! trying to enter the grounds.

the only thing that can be complemented about Saputo's stadia, was a beautiful pitch. but, pretty much.... nothing else to brag about.

The UM02 seem pretty solid behind the net and can hear them time for time, but we are still louder [:P]

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Agreed that the set-up of the entry/exit gates was crap. They should have enlarged the second gate by the tunnel and get rid of that eyesore altogether. I actually liked much of what I saw at the stadium other than that, however. It reminded me of Crew stadium but much cleaner. Looking at the open space where south-west consessions were located, you could easily put in another stand of 3000-5000.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Do you think that might have been because you were standing in the middle of Montreal's support? Just a thought (for everyone, every time this pointless debate flares up)...

Nop! It's not like we are singing 90mins straight, we got some down times like any other supporters group and I never could tell if you guys are singing during those rare down times.

Anyways whatever, we all know that TFC has more supporters then Montreal and it's only normal. But what drives me crazzy is when you got a bunch of stupid TFC fans calling us posers and saying that we are not good enough for the MLS. Seriously where were you clowns when the Lynx was the only club in town? I'm sure that 90% of the TFC supporters had no idea that there was the A-League/USL. You where all probably sitting on your coach watching the EPL or something...

Don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a good job but stop acting as if you invented this!!

The very little respect that I got for Toronto goes out to the guys who where supporting the Lynx and who started the U-Sector back when it's colors where yellow and black!

For the other 900 of you well you could all go **** your selfs!

PS. Dont forget that we are about 75-150 guys "and some girls" supporting a team that plays in a crappy league... :D

quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

But what drives me crazzy is when you got a bunch of stupid TFC fans calling us posers and saying that we are not good enough for the MLS.

Chip on your shoulder? You must be carrying it over from elsewhere, as no one in this thread said anything of the sort.

We called you a lot of things, but posers is not among them.

Rudi, speedmonk... a few points I need to address.

Nobody was going around looking for fights. We were around the stadium in the afternoon, because we had a tifo to set up. It was made obvious on your forums that the U-Sector was going to Bar 99 BECAUSE it was the UM02 hangout. Not expecting us to show up to tell you to move your asses was stupid. This was pure provokation on the U-Sector's part, so don't come here with your "we need to make sure it doesn't escalate" sh*t. Apparently, you forgot to call ALL of your guys since a bunch of them were waiting for us at our pub. If you REALLY don't want this to escalate, get your guys to stay away from the 99 in the future. I don't know what got in your head, seriously, this is the kind of things that you just don't do if you're not looking for a fight. You could have had your pre-game drink downtown, a ten-minute metro ride away, but no... it had to be OUR pub. So please, again, don't come in here with your "we don't want this sh*t to happen" bullcrap. Sorry, but I got no respect for people who behave like that. Provoking us and then getting all diplomatic on how to avoid problems... that's just stupid.

As for the rest of what happened that night, we have nothing to do with it, because we simply had no reason to get in a fight with TFC fans, most of them were ok. Period.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Nobody was going around looking for fights.

What a HUGE load of crap.

Have you seen the YouTube videos of those punk ass kids (some wearing UM02 scarves) throwing **** at us from outside the gate and burning our scarves?

Before that, those idiots were INSIDE the stadium at the TFC supporters end (which just so happens to be on the complete other side of the stadium from the Montreal supporters section) trying to start crap. Why else were they there? Is that the only exit between section 114 and section 223? Security forced them out of the gates first (only because there were far less of them to contain.

Anyways, it was clear they were looking to cause crap. This isn't the first time either.

quote:We were around the stadium in the afternoon, because we had a tifo to set up. It was made obvious on your forums that the U-Sector was going to Bar 99 BECAUSE it was the UM02 hangout. Not expecting us to show up to tell you to move your asses was stupid. This was pure provokation on the U-Sector's part, so don't come here with your "we need to make sure it doesn't escalate" sh*t. Apparently, you forgot to call ALL of your guys since a bunch of them were waiting for us at our pub. If you REALLY don't want this to escalate, get your guys to stay away from the 99 in the future. I don't know what got in your head, seriously, this is the kind of things that you just don't do if you're not looking for a fight. You could have had your pre-game drink downtown, a ten-minute metro ride away, but no... it had to be OUR pub. So please, again, don't come in here with your "we don't want this sh*t to happen" bullcrap. Sorry, but I got no respect for people who behave like that. Provoking us and then getting all diplomatic on how to avoid problems... that's just stupid.

As I said before, there were 100 U-Sector there. If we were out to provoke you, wouldn't more than a handful show up? Give your freaking head a shake.

The Bar 99 location was posted on our boards by a member of the Red Patch Boys, who saw that that's where people would be meeting for the WCQ in a few weeks. The person in question assumed it was a soccer-friendly bar and posted it on all three of the major TFC supporters groups' boards.

The jokes that followed in that thread were just that, joking around. Like I said, if we were trying to provoke you, why only send three or four people? Those handful that were there were with a couple of Montreal supporters, so obviously they weren't looking for trouble.

Most of us pre-drank at the hotels before hopping on the Metro.

Nobody was going around looking for fights. We were around the stadium in the afternoon, because we had a tifo to set up. It was made obvious on your forums that the U-Sector was going to Bar 99 BECAUSE it was the UM02 hangout. Not expecting us to show up to tell you to move your asses was stupid. This was pure provokation on the U-Sector's part, so don't come here with your "we need to make sure it doesn't escalate" sh*t. Apparently, you forgot to call ALL of your guys since a bunch of them were waiting for us at our pub. If you REALLY don't want this to escalate, get your guys to stay away from the 99 in the future. I don't know what got in your head, seriously, this is the kind of things that you just don't do if you're not looking for a fight. You could have had your pre-game drink downtown, a ten-minute metro ride away, but no... it had to be OUR pub. So please, again, don't come in here with your "we don't want this sh*t to happen" bullcrap. Sorry, but I got no respect for people who behave like that. Provoking us and then getting all diplomatic on how to avoid problems... that's just stupid.

As for the rest of what happened that night, we have nothing to do with it, because we simply had no reason to get in a fight with TFC fans, most of them were ok. Period.

Sadly all it takes is a few village idiots to ruin the fun for everyone.

I wasn't there so obviously the story I'm hearing is from the TFC side.

One thing everyone can agree is that security f*cked up badly.

And now we ALL know Bar 99 is the UM02 place.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Chip on your shoulder? You must be carrying it over from elsewhere, as no one in this thread said anything of the sort.

We called you a lot of things, but posers is not among them.

Not talking about the thread, im talking about some of the TFC fans at the game... BEFORE any of the garbage started!

The main reason why I don't like talking to you, Rudi, is because you only read what you want in what others write.

I was replying to this : "He was saying that TFC fans are not the ones who obsessed for hours/days about jumping rival fans and causing crap".

TFC fans are leading people to believe that the UM02 were out in full force looking for fights before and after the game and had planned that for days, which is complete and utter bull**** magnified "à la Rochester". I was saying no one (read : UM02) was going around looking for fights. This is the honest truth. I was at Olympic Park at noon, because we had a tifo to finish and set-up. We were inside the stadium at 3:30, out by 5:50, gates opened at 6. All the time, between 12 and 6, my guys were with me, we didn't see nor did we search for TFC fans. At 6, some of our guys went to Bar 99, because that's our meeting point and the meeting was scheduled at 6 pm. I stayed at the stadium and entered when they opened the doors. I was joined by at least 20 people in the supporters section within 5 minutes after my arrival in 114. If we had been looking for trouble, we probably would've charged on those silly bastards waving flags up the hill in front of the main building and giving us crap while we were waiting to get in.

As for the pub incident, you can pretend whatever you want, the fact remains that no one on your forum stepped up right away to discard the idea to go to Bar 99 for a pregame drink. Hopefully you can do that in the future.

And for the after-game scuffle... Judging from the pictures, videos and the info I got from various sources, there were a bunch of one-timers and TWO of our guys there. One who just was looking at was going on and left before the scuffle and one over-excited rookie who thought he was in a Real Football Factories episode or something and learned his lesson the hard way. About 6 others were making their way to the pub and left the scene even before you guys came out of the stadium. As for the majority of our group, we were in section 114 packing our stuff when the scarf was burnt (we only heard about it the next day). Afterwards, when **** hit the fan, we were into a small altercation with three arrogant TFC fans trying to look tough just under section 114. By the time we made our way out of the stadium there was a bunch of TFC fans standing around as if they were waiting for their bus. We had no clue what was going on and it looked like nothing was happening. Everybody left, we left.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the "UM02 are a bunch of thugs" theory is just fantasy, made up of a bunch of minor incidents seen through a magnifying glass by so-called supporters in Rochester, Portland and Toronto. We didn't fight with anybody on Tuesday, we had no reason to, nor were we even looking to start ****. Had we been out of the stadium earlier and seen you guys trample a 15 year-old girl and have 7-8 guys beat up one teenager, it probably would've been different though. What's done is done, youngsters stupidly provoked you, you felt strong because of your numbers and your response was way too strong in the context. We might have bad reputation but at least we don't let people gang up on kids like that. Talk to your guys. All of them, no just a select few, if possible.

quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

Not talking about the thread, im talking about some of the TFC fans at the game... BEFORE any of the garbage started!

Did you talk to anyone about this? Or are you just "assuming" that this the case.

Sure their's a desire to get better, but TFC supporters know we aren't perfect.

Best supporters in the league? Perhaps, but we know DC United have really good supporters and they are still as the best supporters in the league but TFC is closing in quickly.

But seems like a select few started this whole crap problem. As Rudi said, their was confusion regarding the pub. But after the match is a different story. It was a few idiots that started tossing the coins, then things got worst.

But enough about this.

This is 1 portion of footy I personally hope doesn't come here from Europe. Emulating passion is one thing but "hooligans", their's absolutely NO REASON to do so!

I wasn't there so I'm pretty much getting the RPB point of view and can't comment on U-Sector, as A- I'm not a part of U-Sector and B- I wasn't at the match.

I have no beef w/ the Montreal Ultras and know that it was just a few idiots trying to emulate football factories.

Guest speedmonk42

But...most of the Montreal fans were ok too! I have said over and over it is a small group of people fcking this up for us.

Sorry but a bar is just that. We don't need territorial bs like that in our country. It is childish and pathetic.

I have seen supporters from DC, Columbus, Chicago ect at Shoeless on King. People buy them beers and take the piss out of each other.

If there were a table of four or five away team supporters at 'our' bar people might razz them someone else would buy them beer. But if anyone tried to do something violent they would be shut down pretty quick.

This is not a one way street of blame. Not at all. But if five people sitting in a bar provoked this, then these guys have some serious growing up to do.

Seriously, Mpenza everybody, if we can't go for a beer together before or after a game what is the point of all of this? Close the forum.

I have no interest in acting like or even being influenced by people behaving like the third most despised group in Europe after Nazis and Pedophiles.

Harsh? Damn right cause I don't want it to start.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

What will the reception of the seven whitecaps supporters? We are all adults, not louts and none of us are looking for any trouble.

Don't worry, you have nothing</u> to fear.

You'll drop by, have a great night of football, leave without a problem and maybe even have a friendly chat with a couple of us, if you cross our path...

Guest speedmonk42

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the "UM02 are a bunch of thugs" theory is just fantasy,

-----------

If you look, there is an effort to correct that idea, which Rudi agrees with.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the "UM02 are a bunch of thugs" theory is just fantasy,

-----------

If you look, there is an effort to correct that idea, which Rudi agrees with.

Yes, and he's doing a great job at that too by leading people to believe we started sh*t and quickly dismissing my explanations on what went on.

Brilliant effort, but I think I can do a better job myself, thanks.

Yes, and he's doing a great job at that too by leading people to believe we started sh*t and quickly dismissing my explanations on what went on.

Brilliant effort, but I think I can do a better job myself, thanks.

I'm doing a brilliant effort in relaying the truth.

Nowhere did I say that UM02 are a bunch of thugs. I said that a few of those idiots that got stomped by us (after walking the entire circumference of the stadium just to get in our faces) were wearing UM02 scarves. You confirmed that.

You talk about me leading people to believe some bullcrap story, yet you yourself posted in this very thread that U-Sector intentionally provoked your supporters by sending less than 3% of its traveling support to "your" bar.

Do you know how stupid that sounds? Did any of those guys you mention taunt people in there? Did they start any physical altercations? Those were just guys looking to lift a pint or two before the match, and they were accompanied by friends of theirs who were Montreal supporters.

You talk about how unfair it is that people are painting the entire UM02 with the same brush as those few that were involved in the post-game scuffle. Yet in the same sentence you'll turn around and paint all of U-Sector as provocateurs because three of our guys (out of the 102 that were in town) went to go *gasp* drink in a bar close to the stadium with some of their friends from MTL.

Did ANYBODY on your forum step up and say Bar 99 was a no go right off the bat? Nope. I'm not saying you didn't call your guys the day of the game to tell them not to show up there or whatever, I'm just saying nobody reacted to kill the idea as soon as it was put on the table. You knew it was our meeting point, you said it yourself. Bottom line is that U-Sector guys went to Bar 99 knowing full well sh*t could happen. So much for "avoiding" trouble...

It's all I'm saying. You can't say it's not true. I'm not saying they went their to stir some sh*t, I'm just saying they knew things could happen and yet, they still decided to go ahead with plan A... It doesn't take an above than average IQ to realize that this is not the way to avoid confrontation. So please, just get your guys away from 99. Can we at least agree on that?

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

Also what about the Canada game? Should us "out of towners" show up to Bar99 or not?

Of course, we're setting up a commando to attack Canada fans as we speak... get a clue, buddy. :D

Did ANYBODY on your forum step up and say Bar 99 was a no go right off the bat? Nope. I'm not saying you didn't call your guys the day of the game to tell them not to show up there or whatever, I'm just saying nobody reacted to kill the idea as soon as it was put on the table. You knew it was our meeting point, you said it yourself. Bottom line is that U-Sector guys went to Bar 99 knowing full well sh*t could happen. So much for "avoiding" trouble...

It's all I'm saying. You can't say it's not true. I'm not saying they went their to stir some sh*t, I'm just saying they knew things could happen and yet, they still decided to go ahead with plan A... It doesn't take an above than average IQ to realize that this is not the way to avoid confrontation. So please, just get your guys away from 99. Can we at least agree on that?

Whatever.

If you really think that three TFC supporters sitting peacefully in "your" bar is the cause of the bull**** that went down after the match, you're sadly mistaken.

Archived