Roster for CR

loyola

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

yea, just like he did last time around when he was younger and faster.

give me a freakin break, radz is done.

I don,t remember all his performances but I can tell you that radz played well both games against Honduras. People on this board have often wild expectations for Radz like he could carry a team all by himself. I doubt he'll be there if we get to the Hex, but he still can give us something for the first rounds.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

With no Jazic & Klukowski not called in as well (and Simpson injured), chances are we may see Brennan at LB. Or Poz.

Add injured Hastings to your list, but I agree Gian-Luca, I think Brennan will play there. They mentioned on the Dallas game broadcast that he no longer requires the extra padding/bracing for his rib injury. They may go with the same central defense pairing as for the Iceland game - Hainault & Imhof.

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Add injured Hastings to your list, but I agree Gian-Luca, I think Brennan will play there. They mentioned on the Dallas game broadcast that he no longer requires the extra padding/bracing for his rib injury. They may go with the same central defense pairing as for the Iceland game - Hainault & Imhof.

Perhaps, although with Serioux playing club football at that position he would be a logical choice to give a look there. Poz & Brennan can also play CB as well. If Brennan plays left back he can't currently take throw ins, but then if Serioux is on the field we probably wouldn't want anyone else taking throw-ins.

Lots of options, interesting to see which one will be employed!

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I don,t remember all his performances but I can tell you that radz played well both games against Honduras. People on this board have often wild expectations for Radz like he could carry a team all by himself. I doubt he'll be there if we get to the Hex, but he still can give us something for the first rounds.

I wouldn't be surprised if he still is there in 2009, assuming we have made it to the Hex (as we bloody well better do). It's not something that was easy to pick up from Mitchell being the coach of three successive U20 teams, but I'm getting the early signs that Mitchell likes experience (moreso than Yallop did, for example). I think it is why he played Kent O'Connor ahead of KOA (not a decision I agreed with) as I think it was pretty obvious to all that KOA had more natural talent. Similarly, we haven't seen him call up Peters & Johnson etc. from the U20 team - only Edgar & Begovic got a call for the Iceland match because there weren't a lot of other European options for those positions.

I don't have a problem with that approach in general, I just hope that it doesn't go too far, which I think it did with Holger (who played the likes of Fenwick & Dasovic longer than he should have, especially the former). The good news is that with the increased depth there is less reason for the coach of the Nats to need to resort to playing inexperienced or over-the-hill players.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Just heard a news report on FAN590.

The MNT is in training at Upper Canada College in Toronto.

Ante Jazic is definitely out for Wednesday's match. His injury makes him unable to play.

Interestingly, it sounds like the international man of mystery (or should I say International man of mysterious injury) Lars Hirschfeld IS TRAINING with the team.

Let the speculation begin...will he start?

The game is in Toronto, so of course that means Kenny is the starter and Lars the backup (probably would have been that way anyway).

Team Canada Roster:

# Player Position

1 Hirschfeld, Lars GK

2 Imhof, Daniel D/M

3 Jazic, Ante D

4 Serioux, Adrian D/M

5 Hainault, Andre D

6 De Guzman, Julian M

7 Stalteri, Paul D/M

8 Bernier, Patrice M

9 Radzinski, Tomasz M/F

10 Friend, Rob F

11 Brennan, Jim D/M

12 Nakajima-Farran, Issey M

13 Hutchinson, Atiba D/M

14 De Rosario, Dwayne M/F

15 Occean, Olivier F

16 Gerba, Ali F

17 Hume, Iain M/F

18 Pozniak, Chris D/M

19 Harmse, Kevin M

22 Stamatopoulos, Kenny GK

Can anyone provide me with a list of where does each player plays? Country, Teams, League Tier

Thank You

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

Team Canada Roster:

# Player Position

1 Hirschfeld, Lars GK

2 Imhof, Daniel D/M

3 Jazic, Ante D

4 Serioux, Adrian D/M

5 Hainault, Andre D

6 De Guzman, Julian M

7 Stalteri, Paul D/M

8 Bernier, Patrice M

9 Radzinski, Tomasz M/F

10 Friend, Rob F

11 Brennan, Jim D/M

12 Nakajima-Farran, Issey M

13 Hutchinson, Atiba D/M

14 De Rosario, Dwayne M/F

15 Occean, Olivier F

16 Gerba, Ali F

17 Hume, Iain M/F

18 Pozniak, Chris D/M

19 Harmse, Kevin M

22 Stamatopoulos, Kenny GK

Can anyone provide me with a list of where does each player plays? Country, Teams, League Tier

Thank You

A list of the players with team and country is available here. All play in the top tier of their respective leagues except Bernier and Friend (2. Bundesliga) and Iain Hume (Coca-Cola Championship, which is 2nd tier in England).

Men's National Team

Monday, September 10, 2007

Canada gears up for Costa Rica match

Canada's men's national team is now in Toronto and gearing up for the international friendly match against Costa Rica on Wednesday 12 September at BMO field. The match will kick-off at 7pm and is being broadcast live by CSA partner Rogers Sportsnet.

The full 19 player squad practiced together today for the first time under head coach Dale Mitchell. Missing from the roster is Los Angeles Galaxy defender Ante Jazic who has not fully recovered from an injured ankle.

Canada last faced Costa Rica during the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup. They defeated the 52nd ranked Costa Ricans 2:1 in the opening match of the group stage with two goals from CONCACAF Gold Cup MVP Julian DeGuzman.

Single tickets for the match range from $15-$100 and can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.ca. For special ticket offers for groups of 15 or more please call the Ticketmaster Sportsline at (416)872-5000.

Archived