Roster for CR

loyola

Men's National Team

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Canada announces roster for Costa Rica friendly

Canadian head coach Dale Mitchell announced his roster today for the international friendly match against Costa Rica taking place on 12 September at BMO field (19:00). The team will be gathering in Toronto this week for training sessions in lead up to the match.

“It has been some time since the men's national team has played in Toronto and I believe our players are looking forward to the strong support,” said head coach Dale Mitchell. “We have selected a roster that is capable of continuing the positive play that the team has shown throughout the summer."

Canada last faced Costa Rica during the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup. They defeated the 52nd ranked Costa Ricans 2:1 in the opening match of the group stage.

This match will be the first for the Canadian senior men’s team in Toronto since 2000. It will also be Dale Mitchell’s first time coaching his team on Canadian soil. On 22 August Canada drew with Iceland 1:1 in Mitchell’s debut as head coach.

Single tickets for the match range from $15-$100 and can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.ca. For special ticket offers for groups of 15 or more please call the Ticketmaster Sportsline at (416)872-5000.

Team Canada Roster:

# Player Position

1 Hirschfeld, Lars GK

2 Imhof, Daniel D/M

3 Jazic, Ante D

4 Serioux, Adrian D/M

5 Hainault, Andre D

6 De Guzman, Julian M

7 Stalteri, Paul D/M

8 Bernier, Patrice M

9 Radzinski, Tomasz M/F

10 Friend, Rob F

11 Brennan, Jim D/M

12 Nakajima-Farran, Issey M

13 Hutchinson, Atiba D/M

14 De Rosario, Dwayne M/F

15 Occean, Olivier F

16 Gerba, Ali F

17 Hume, Iain M/F

18 Pozniak, Chris D/M

19 Harmse, Kevin M

22 Stamatopoulos, Kenny GK

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm taking odds on the new Lars Hirschfeld injury that keeps him out of the match:

3-2 - Stubs toe getting out of the shower.

2-1 - Cuts hand spreading butter on bread.

5-1 - Twists thumb opening a can.

10-1 - Bangs his knee on the side of his couch.

25-1 - Hurts his back picking the newspaper from his front yard.

100-1 - He actually shows up and plays for Canada.

Darn near full strength. I definitely think that McKenna and Klukowski (and Nsaliwa) would help ratchet up the back line, but other than that I'm not sure who else to add.

Surprised Radz made the trip from Greece as he just signed last week.

Will Brennan play in the middle of the D line or out left?

quote:Originally posted by loyola

3 players I would like to know why they're absent: Nsaliwa, Kluka and Mckenna.

In one of the other threads it sounded

As for Klukowski, I think it might be case of Mitchell wanting to look at Jazic instead since the game is in NA. Not a lot of room for both of them at LB & there's Brennan & Poz who can play there as well.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I'm taking odds on the new Lars Hirschfeld injury that keeps him out of the match:

The article says nothing about him playing. It just shows him on the roster as the backup.

wildguy27, don't be your stupid trolling self, the back-up is never given the #1 jersey. But feel free to keep believing your own stupidity.

One non-Lars point, when's the last time Canada called a 20-man roster for a friendly? My guess is never.

The three guys in Toronto helped the CSA save on transport costs :D

Others:

5-1 pulls a chest muscle while carrying his suit cases out of the home on his away to the airport to catch the plane to canada

15-1 strains a knee ligament while watching televison. too much stress on the knee while his leg is propped up on the coffee table or ottoman.

I have taken this ideas from actual reported injuries that have actually occurred to Major league baseball players over the years

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Given his strong play in the Gold Cup, I would also rate Hastings as missing. Maybe Kluka's exclusion was a deal with his club team? Sounded like Koln was pressuring McKenna not to play in a rough translation in another thread.

I think Hastings is still injured from Iceland as I don't think he's played for ICT since.

Given his strong play in the Gold Cup, I would also rate Hastings as missing. Maybe Kluka's exclusion was a deal with his club team? Sounded like Koln was pressuring McKenna not to play in a rough translation in another thread.

I think Hastings is still injured from Iceland as I don't think he's played for ICT since.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

By the way, I think it is awesome that Garret Kusch is back on the scene. Doing a pro-Kusch chant is mandatory for this match.

Where is Kusch name being mentionned???

I remember that he was with the team as a physio or something like that for a camp a few years ago.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

By the way, I think it is awesome that Garret Kusch is back on the scene. Doing a pro-Kusch chant is mandatory for this match.

I remember that he was with the team as a physio or something like that for a camp a few years ago.

You didn't post the whole article. Here are the staff:

Vince Ursini - Head of Delegation

Dale Mitchell - Head Coach

Stephen Hart - Assistant Coach

Nick Dasovic - Assistant Coach

Paul Dolan - Goalkeeping Coach

Vic Mendes - Video Coach

Morgan Quarry -Manager

Mike Moretto - Equipment Manager

Ted Tilbury - Physiotherapist

Garret Kusch - Massage Therapist

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2864

I was reading the roster too and asking the same question. Where does it mention Kusch?

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

You didn't post the whole article. Here are the staff:

Vince Ursini - Head of Delegation

Dale Mitchell - Head Coach

Stephen Hart - Assistant Coach

Nick Dasovic - Assistant Coach

Paul Dolan - Goalkeeping Coach

Vic Mendes - Video Coach

Morgan Quarry -Manager

Mike Moretto - Equipment Manager

Ted Tilbury - Physiotherapist

Garret Kusch - Massage Therapist

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2864

Oups.

Thanks. I'M looking forward to hear a Kusch chant!!!

Very much so. Daum was not happy with McKenna and the Honduran Maynor Suazo potentially being unable to perform next weekend as he already has 4 internationals away this week.

Archived