Roster for CR

loyola

My first thought is about who will be paired with Hainault to complete the back four (Jazic, Hainault, ?? and Stalteri). Options would include, in descending order (in terms of my preference) Serioux, Brennan, Pozniak, Imhof (let's hope not) and Hutchinson (please stop listing him as D/M. He's M/F with his club).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

My first thought is about who will be paired with Hainault to complete the back four (Jazic, Hainault, ?? and Stalteri). Options would include, in descending order (in terms of my preference) Serioux, Brennan, Pozniak, Imhof (let's hope not) and Hutchinson (please stop listing him as D/M. He's M/F with his club).

Is Jazic going to be cleared to play? He's missed the last couple of games for LA with some kind of injury.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

The mighty mighty Kusch is back!!!

He was at the Gold Cup, too.

Myself, SeanKeay, JayWay, and futsal from this board went to the ill-fated Gold Cup semi-final in June and the first person out of the tunnel during the pre-match warmup was old Mr. Clean himself.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

He was at the Gold Cup, too.

Myself, SeanKeay, JayWay, and futsal from this board went to the ill-fated Gold Cup semi-final in June and the first person out of the tunnel during the pre-match warmup was old Mr. Clean himself.

Did you guys do the physiostar chant?

Having watched Brennan at CB all season, I have to say that I'd love to see him in that role for the national team.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Did you guys do the physiostar chant?

Yes, I believe it made an appearance.

I agree with the idea of starting Brennan as a CB with Hainault. I would have this starting lineup:

------------------Hirsch------------------

Stalteri---Hainault---Brennan-----Jazic

Radz------Atiba-------DeGuzman-----DeRo

--------Occean---------Hume----------

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I agree with the idea of starting Brennan as a CB with Hainault. I would have this starting lineup:

------------------Hirsch------------------

Stalteri---Brennan----Hainault-----Jazic

DeRo------Atiba-------DeGuzman-----Radz

--------Occean---------Hume----------

You're likely to see De Ro and Radz switched.

Other than that, this is a pretty damn good lineup.

Radz hasn't played all season. Hume is late sub only in my books - walking talking red card against any CONCACAF team.

Lineup

Hirschfeld

Stalteri - Hainault - Jazic

Imhof Bernier

de Guzman - Hutchinson - de Rosario

Friend - Occean

Although I suspect Jazic will be unavailable - put in Brennan. Gerba, Nakajima and Hume for subs.

I don't think we'll likely see Atiba there. Probably going to be Brennan or one of Poz & Serioux. Harmse, Poz, Serioux and Imhof are all contenders for the d-mid position in a 5 man midfield, and while we might see two at that position (one per half) I doubt all four will feature there. Poz & Hainault played together against Hungary.

Hainault might not automatically start either.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

I like this roster. I'm very much looking forward to the game. I was pleasantly surprised to see both Hutchinson and deGuzman getting the call up.

I'm not surprised about Atiba and Julian at all considering that they named both those players in all the adds running on the radio in toronto.

Without being able to resolve a centre-back pairing, I would be intrigued to see Hart's 4-1-4-1 formation again, with Brennan in Nash's windscreen/distributor role.

-----------1/2 to each GK---------------

Stalteri-----RCB-------LCB---------Jazic

---------------Brennan------------------

deRosario---Hutch---deGuzman---Radzinski

---------------Friend-------------------

Guess that leaves Imhof, Pozniak and Hainault as my centre-back options. I'm not too crazy about Serioux back there; he strikes me as a forechecker, rather than a stay-back kind of player.

Although I have no problem with Loyola's lineup, I like that Gold Cup 4-1-4-1

..............Hirschfeld

Stalteri....Hainault.....Brennan.....Jazic (if healthy)

.............Bernier

Hume.......DeGuzman......Hutchinson.....DeRosario

.............Occean

There's almost enough players for two teams, so:

Hirshfeld

Stalteri-Hainault-Brennan-Jazic

Imhof

Radzinski-DeGuzman-Hutchinson-De Ro

Friend

2nd half (not to start with, but as it wears on):

Stamatopolous

Pozniak-Serioux-Brennan-Jazic

Harmse

Bernier-De Guzman-Atiba-Issey

Occean

With Hume and Gerba brought on in the 2nd half as well, taking De Guzman and/or Atiba off, moving to a 4-4-2.

Of course, if Jazic isn't good to go, then use Pozniak or Brennan at Left-back and go with Serioux in central D alongside Hainault, leaving Stalteri on the whole game. Wouldn't mind seeing what Imhof or Harmse might do at right back (Harmse played there for the U20's in 2003 under Mitchell until he moved him up to central mid to replace Atiba who he moved to central-D in order to shore up the back-line.

Once again, a heavy attack-minded line-up. There are a lot more offensive options than defensive.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Once again, a heavy attack-minded line-up. There are a lot more offensive options than defensive.

have we EVER had the pleasure of reading a statement like the one above about any Canadian team???? Growing up, all i ever remember thinking was "how can we not give up a goal". Now I wonder how many we might score if the planets align...2 goals, 3 goals, 4 goals.

I sure hope its a lively game. We TFC fans have a lot of pent up cheering in us.

Boy. Not quite sure what to say. Might have to check and see how badly the VISA is hurting these days.

Okay, two things.

Don't seem to be too many players balking at a call up to play in Toronto does there. I mean Radz of all people has NO business coming to this international and yet here he is. Wow.

And Mitch isn't pricking around here is he. This is at least a strong B+ squad.

What's the MNT scoring streak at right now? Six matches?

Quick thoughts : great lineup, lots of offense...Hastings has to be miffed - Radz is showing real dedication having just switched clubs - if Hirsch isnt here for this one he should be officially removed from the player pool - Great looking game shaping up. Wish I was still visiting in Toronto.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Quick thoughts : great lineup, lots of offense...Hastings has to be miffed - Radz is showing real dedication having just switched clubs - if Hirsch isnt here for this one he should be officially removed from the player pool - Great looking game shaping up. Wish I was still visiting in Toronto.

Hastings is injured.

Neil Davidson article with explanations on why McKenna, Klukowski & Nsaliwa weren't called:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/Canada/2007/09/05/4472855-cp.html

So it is a citizenship issue with Tam, not a club issue.

When you add the injured players (Ledgerwood, Simpson, Grande Sutton, Hastings) and the fringier players (Braz, Ademolu, Reda, Nash, Gervais, Grande), younger players not yet ready (the better U20 players) and older players we've already had a look at (ie. Onstad) I think that just leaves the question of Marcel De Jong....

Oh, and the the article's last line suggests that Radzinski is playing for the Ticos. Traitor! :D

Archived