Gold Cup - Canada vs. Guadeloupe 06/09 [R]

jpg75

Guest Can. in UK

This is brutal. Can you imagine if we performed this way against Mexico or the US? We would be down 8-1.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by way2goeh

If this score stays, I'm afraid to go to work and be the shooting gallery of jokes. It was bad enough during the WCQ but losing to a fishing village.... Come on Canadá, save ME....lol

I think conceding two goals is already embarrassing enough. I won't hear the end of it on Monday.

Kind of a frustrating half, probably set a few canadian records for consecutive passes but then again so what. Lots of movement, switching of positions and nice little flics but few chances, DeGuzeman had two half chances and DeRo hit the post, Gerba scored on his only real chance, not going to count the attempted bicycle kick. Need more shots, Defenders have loads of time to bring the ball foreward, they pass to the mids, lots of movement but few chances.

Hume and Issey are the only two offensive subs, really miss Friend out there, Gerba isn't bad but san't hold up the ball the way that Friend can. Looks like it is swelteringly hot and about 90% humidity out there which may explain some of the problems.

Hume for Nash please - any chance we can airmail devos and brennan in to shore up our defensive situation

any confirmation on the lineups? - im interested in guadeloupe too

the spanish commentary is raving about our raw talent and possession in midfield but also praising the heart of the islanders - and they keep updating on what they're drinking at the moment - hilarious

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Don't want to make excuses but it looks like the humidity is getting to them. Don't think it was a problem on Wednesday.Not enough running off the ball tonight.

You are making excuses.

This is an absolute embarassment. I dont care if we end up winning, to be down 2-1 at the half, to allow 2 goals, is a joke and this game is a huge disappointment no matter what the end result.

400k vs 33 million......

Right now I defy anyone to put a positive spin on this....

And yes I am watching on Sportsnet.

Archived