Gold Cup - Canada vs. Guadeloupe 06/09 [R]

jpg75

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Splaty

If they can play like they did vs Costa Rica...

That's the million dollar question, right now. Are we really improving or still a wildly up-and-down team? I really hope we don't come out flat, after such a great performance.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

2-2 Draw. I don't think Guadeloupe will be a push-over.

nor do I, but are they stronger than Costa Rica? as long as we play well and dont take them for granted, I think we will win.

2-0 Canada, goals by Friend and Hutchinson.

1-1 draw. I dont know about this game. This could be the banana skin game. While Canada looked impressive against Costa Rica (The game they needed a point at least from and came away with a win), I got this feeling they somehow might not go full throttle tommorow, thus potentially making this a wide open group again. I am hoping not. A win for Canada, and most likely a QF appearence is in the cards. A loss and it could be scramble time, with Haiti afterwards.

I'm guessing 3-1 Canada. I think we go with the same formation and mainly the some players (keeper?). This is the game that the become more familiar with each other. Hati is where we change and hit the banana skin.

I've been 0 for 4 in guessing scorers, but here it goes: Friend DeRo and Stalteri. Stalteri and/or Hainault for the card. Bernier to hit the post first.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Paul James just said on the half time show of the Panama-Honduras game that Friend & Bernier have picked up some minor injuries and might not play tomorrow.

Welcome to da Ali G show!

ali%20g.jpg

Respect.

Dobson's blog says Friend's injury mught be serious and Onstad is gone. The loss of Friend could be huge. I don't know if Gerba can play the single stricker role and hold the ball up as effectivly. They might have to change to a straight 4-4-2.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/gerry_dobson/2007/06/08/wary_of_guadaloupe/

Wary of Guadaloupe

As Canadians we love to see the summer sun.

But under the oppressive heat and humidity of South Florida this time of year, cloud cover and rain are to die for. Fortunately that's what you get on a daily basis. Couple that with the opening match win against Costa Rica and Canada is two-for-two in the wish department. It rained again Friday, hard in fact. The players are hoping it does so Saturday during the match. A little relief from the heat goes a long way.

Some changes: Houston 'keeper Pat Onstad started against Costa Rica but he flies back to Houston now to join his MLS mates for a weekend league match. Greg Sutton has recovered from a mild concussion and is good to go, backed up by Robert Giacomi. Striker Rob Friend is struggling, he's got a hip problem which could be serious. He was quite worried about it Friday and an MRI should tell the story. Less worrisome is a groin injury to Gabriel Gervais, although he could miss some time. Other than that, all is good. But they are wary of Guadeloupe. Head coach Stephen Hart and some of the players watched the 1-1 draw with Haiti. Big, strong, disciplined and well organized was the consensus. And don't be misled by the fact this island is not even a country, only a French protectorate, and has no FIFA standing. That might lead you to believe this game is a walkover. But watch out. Eight players on the roster play in France. Two play in the Netherlands and two more in England. How good they are we don't know; but they're probably better than what we think.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Paul James just said on the half time show of the Panama-Honduras game that Friend & Bernier have picked up some minor injuries and might not play tomorrow.

------------Gerba

DeRo---Atiba-----JDG---Stalteri

------------Harmse

Jazic--Hastings-Hainault--Braz

------------Sutton

Nakajima, Hume, and Nash off the bench.

Archived