T FC exibiton games US U17 & Notre Dame & IMG Acad

BigBird

Found this in my searches yestereday the TFC tied under 17 US team with a 0-0 result.

Lombardo did really well hitting three post, apparently in one shot.

Over all I would not be happy with this result too as was MO as these U S players they played are in the First year Residency Program their first team are in Honduras at this moment in time.

Next game Notre Dame 6th rank this will be a test as well for TfC

Here is the article....

Link

<mod>Cleaned up link</mod>

This is about process at this point, not results. Yes, the lack of finishing may be a concern, and Mo's comments seemed to indicate that he was less than pleased with the effort, but in the grand scheme of things, this means very little.

There is one encouraging thing that I have noticed about the pre-season scorelines. That is the goals against. Maybe all those Impact supporters have been wrong all along when they suggested that it was entirely the D who made sutton look good. The early indications from the scorelines so far would suggest that Sutton's stats are pretty comparable to what he posted in the last two to three years. In fact, I cant recall there being any goals against so far.

quote:Originally posted by marktci

This is about process at this point, not results. Yes, the lack of finishing may be a concern, and Mo's comments seemed to indicate that he was less than pleased with the effort, but in the grand scheme of things, this means very little.

If not results then why keep scores?

come on you only kidding your self they are playing with kids under 17.

Let see whne they meet the next team Notredamis I will bet you they will have plently to deal with as a result. We wll see if results matter with the coach?

Nice to see LOmbardo On the field! Its about time that he get his some playing time he deserves. When is he going to be signed. Thought it would been a done deal after he scored 2 goals in the first two games.

Hi guys, was down in Florida last week and caught TFC's game vs. Creighton. Let me be the first one to say that the coaching staff and players don't really care about the scoreline. Case in point when TFC scored I was the only person who cheered and the players all looked back at me like I was an alien or something? So yes as some posters have pointed out the most important thing for these training matches is to build familiarity and team chemistry.

quote:Originally posted by pokey1

If not results then why keep scores?

come on you only kidding your self they are playing with kids under 17.

Let see whne they meet the next team Notredamis I will bet you they will have plently to deal with as a result. We wll see if results matter with the coach?

Nice to see LOmbardo On the field! Its about time that he get his some playing time he deserves. When is he going to be signed. Thought it would been a done deal after he scored 2 goals in the first two games.

quote:Yesterday, Toronto FC defeated the University of Connecticut 4-0 in an exhibition game. "The pleasing part is we haven't been giving up many goals," Johnston said.

But mainly, he said, the stress is on such things as fitness, formations and bonding as a team.

"I'm not worried right now about results," he said. "The results mean nothing to me. Championships aren't won in Florida. They're won in November."

Link

Very nice to see that 11 canadians saw the field today with 6 starting.

Toronto FC Starting XI: GK - Greg Sutton, D - Jim Brennan, D - Andrew Boyens, D - Chris Pozniak, D - Adam Braz, MF - Maycoll Canizalez, MF - Jose Cancela, MF - Paulo Nagamura , MF - A.J Gray, F - Edson Buddle, F - Alecko Eskandarian

Substitutes Used: GK - Jon Busch, D - Stephen Lumley, MF - Tyler Hemming, MF - David Guzman, MF - Joey Melo, F - Andrea Lombardo

(Jim Brennan, Andrew Boyens, Chris Pozniak, and Paulo Nagamura all played the full 90 minutes)

Nice result I would think too. Some changes that was more positive for them I guess. Not that I would know what is good or not. From my height looking down i can only see offsides, but as Gian-Luca mentioned it appears that it helped with the cause 3-0. something to be proud of.,...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by BigBird

some info on Guzman

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/110306aaa.html

also if not mistaken he played with Woodbridge Soccer club here are his stats

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/guzman_david00.html

His dad played for the Peruvian national team, pretty good. Sounds like he has talent on the ball, and he's a Toronto boy, so good pick up I think.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

His dad played for the Peruvian national team, pretty good. Sounds like he has talent on the ball, and he's a Toronto boy, so good pick up I think.

Ya know him well my son played with him many years ago. He was a well rounded player, excellent quality playmaker a bit short for my liking, likes to shoot the ball from distance and as you can see he still has that same character from his profile from when he was young. He should get more involved with the forwards and let them do the scoring rather then him wasting shots from distance and not scoring much if any. Correct this habit he could be dangerous for any forward team mate.

Has a tremedous playmaking skills and can turn your pants inside out can certainally play 90 minutes. Not nessesary a precentage player.

If he can work closer and control his distrubtion of the ball towards a forward rather then at the net he could be a dangerous midfielder for any club.

Good luck to him

The US U-17 that Toronto FC played is in Canada's pool for U17 World Cup Qualifying taking place in almost exactly 4 weeks in Jamaica. Does it strike anyone else as wrong that Toronto FC agreed to "spar" with a US team that Canada needs to beat in qualifying? Is Toronto FC planning to help the Canadian team? The USSF is not stupid and I am guessing it was part of the deal when Toronto FC got access to the Bradenton facility. Toronto FC should have said no. They should have thought of Canada's U17's. Having said "yes" is TFC planning to spar with our U17 team to help them just before the tournament?

TFC "sparred" twice with the Canadian U-20's a couple of weeks ago.

I don't see why it's TFC's responsibility to help the Canadian U-17's train. If the CSA suggested it, I'm sure TFC would be up for it. TFC is just looking for opponents at this point.

quote:Originally posted by Kayto

The US U-17 that Toronto FC played is in Canada's pool for U17 World Cup Qualifying taking place in almost exactly 4 weeks in Jamaica. Does it strike anyone else as wrong that Toronto FC agreed to "spar" with a US team that Canada needs to beat in qualifying? Is Toronto FC planning to help the Canadian team? The USSF is not stupid and I am guessing it was part of the deal when Toronto FC got access to the Bradenton facility. Toronto FC should have said no. They should have thought of Canada's U17's. Having said "yes" is TFC planning to spar with our U17 team to help them just before the tournament?

Some MLS teams and NCAA teams have played against youth Mexicans NT before and I have yet to see someone on BS criticizing them for helping the ennemy....

TFC is not the CSA, they don't have to refuse games in trainig camp to help the CSA preparation for our U-17. That doesn't make sense.

quote:Originally posted by Kayto

Nothing wrong with this picture at all...the under 17 they played was not the actual the U>S> under 17 team. The actual let say first team U17 is in Honduras. These boys the TFC played against basically 1st year freshmans players in the acacdemy residencency program.

they have about 50 kids staying there while the first team travels

So no wrong doing in this case just a simple game with a simple 2nd team of this program.

I'll bet the Canadian kids are totally pumped about playing the "A" team in World Cup Qualifying now that the "B" team held Toronto FC off the score sheet. Thanks for the name calling Massive Attack, it's so helpful.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Ah, no thread on the Voyageurs forum is complete without lunatic type complaining.

Every little detail needs at least one person who is personally upset about it.

Yes, We have seen an a fair amount of lunatic type complaints over the years on this forum. But I do not know why this should be categorize in the lunatic file. Cripes, its a fair commment, specifically, why is a canadains club team helping a Canadian rival ( who happens to be in the same pool as canada) who could use that vital practise time and preparation to turn around and eliminate canada.

Now is it a big deal? NO, not in my opinion. But its still a fair point would mention in a discussion board. I'll bet that if the roles were reversed and we were talking of a Canadian U17 side versus another foreign club side, there would be many club sides who would have cancelled the game.

Archived