What team can we expect for the Jamaica game?

Daniel

This could the first opportunity to play under a new manager. What if we do have a "name" Euro gaffer? I would assume anyone called would make an effort to show, and why wouldn't the new manager want to have a look at the Euro guys. It's an international date, and he's entitled. It crucial the new guy can set the appropriate tone with the clubs and the players. When Russia plays Upyerbumstan for the first time under Guus, I don't think he's is going restrict his call-ups to Moscow based players for fear of offending somebody. Why should we settle?

i have confidence we'll get at least some of our better euro players to show up, at least those who care and want to get to the world cup one day and who realize its important to get to know a new coach and a new system. i think any proper coach will try to call the best team he can for his first games. a new coach is less likely to get turned down, but id bet my left nut that deguz, klukowski, radzinski, stalteri and maybe some others still wont show.

ewwww, bruce arena is a douche, he actually believes the US deserves to be 5th by organizing easy friendly's. hire a serb, croat or bosnian coach. theirs like 20 really experienced and quality coachs from the former yugoslavia and the yugoslavian style of organization, creativity and iron determination i think would work well with our team.

quote:Originally posted by Juby

ewwww, bruce arena is a douche, he actually believes the US deserves to be 5th by organizing easy friendly's.

What would you expect him to say? "No, I don't think my team is that good"?

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Do we really need Baffin Island?

Absolutely. I know of a 14 year old Inuit lad from Upchuckaluk, Baffin Island who could be the saviour of Canadian soccer. I can't remember his real name right now but everybody calls him by his nickname "Mikey". He once scored 8 goals in the Nunavut provincial final game, and was clearly the best on the pitch (err, make that ice flow). He is rumoured to have a contract with Anderlecht ready to be signed, but is holding out for trials later this summer with Real Madrid and Celtic.

Unfortunately this guy has family ties with Greenland, and due to Greenland's historic link with Denmark, apparently under FIFA he qualifies to be capped by the Danes. More incompetence by the CSA, as Mikey should have been capped long ago.

quote:Originally posted by Dave

Unfortunately this guy has family ties with Greenland, and due to Greenland's historic link with Denmark, apparently under FIFA he qualifies to be capped by the Danes. More incompetence by the CSA, as Mikey should have been capped long ago.

Hmph. And what exactly is Denmark doing with Greenland, anyways? Nothing! We ought to march in and conquer Greenland. We could start a new Canadian Empire.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

What would you expect him to say? "No, I don't think my team is that good"?

yes I do, have you noticed the humility of most players in this world cup? if he actually think that he is delusional and considering their loss it's really really obvious. plus he's like the schwab, a sports expert who doesn't look like he's ever played a game in his life.

yes I do, have you noticed the humility of most players in this world cup? if he actually think that he is delusional and considering their loss it's really really obvious. plus he's like the schwab, a sports expert who doesn't look like he's ever played a game in his life.

I think it is the job of a coach to give his team confidence not tell them, "You're not as good as everyone says you are." He wouldn't be a bad choice for us but is not my number 1 choice either, partly because I don't particularly like him as a person. However, as regards his appearance and weight, he is probably the ugliest coach in the WC and definitely overweight but that has nothing to do with his coaching ability. If he could get us qualified I wouldn't care if he looked like Fat Albert and was the biggest ahole in the world. I do like the fact he is not afraid to speak his mind which is what we need with our soccer federation. Yallop was such a politician that he fit in with all of the other politicians who make up the CSA. We need someone who will shake things up and demand that the Men's Team become a priority for the CSA.

really though, confidence is one thing but to watch the games and believe americas 5th shows a total lack of understanding the game, saying your a top 15 or top 10 team means anything can happen and it gives them confidence, but acting like your the 5th best going against a team that actually deserves to be in the top 5 just doesn't work. I think the players need to know when their the underdog by quite a bit. Cause then their eager for an upset and theirs less pressure. I would say lieing and saying their a top 5 team when there not may work if they play start to finish with supreme confidence but if they start to get owned, like they are so likely to do, then it would just erode their composure and make them fall apart.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'm wincing thinking about the roster. I'd guess all our domestic players, including 4-5 Impact + Dero and Serioux, and maybe a handful of U20s plus a random Euro guy or three.

It all depends if we have a new coach or not by then. If we don't and we have someone doing the interim I guess it will be maily local players. But if we have a new coach I guess he will call around 25 different players for the two games, just to get to know the guys a little bit. That way he can see most of our best players in just two months and get a good idea of what he has in front of him.

But that is not what I have been hearing or reading out of the US camp. In fact its quite the contrary. I keep hearing how the US is rather embarassed by the ranking that Fifa has given them. As much as we don't like, at times, the ranking that FIFA has assigned us, the same could be said for the US. But for opposite reasons...

have you heard arena say that? cause he's the only one I think really believes it, and if he's saying it it could enter the teams mind a bit, and I bet landon donovan believed it, just cause I think he's an arrogant jack ass.

I wouldn't be surprised if Colin Miller will be coaching Canada for this match.

I also expect Canada to put their strongest squad on the field. Not all of our A-Team will be present, but we should have a solid core present.

We can't give Jamaica an easy match at home. They will have plenty of support for this match and I expect Canada to field their best line-up versus our CONCACAF rivals.

Archived