U-Sector Mailing List + Meeting Info

SeanKeay

PS- great to meet (quite a few) new faces and the usual regulars.

head count was around 30 guys. i think we counted at least 15 guys that were not able to show up. we are definitely moving full steam ahead and the consenus seems to be very strong and positive on the outlook.

Some good and interesting ideas thrown around. i ppersonally like the road trip to an MLS game this summer, most likely COlumbus, i am hoping for Chicago to be honest and check out their large supportive groups.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes my thanks as well for everything.

In terms of action items, well we are strongly considering calling the supporters group "The Corporate Whores", or possibly "The Avaricious Capitalists' Financial Support Network".

We might also be up for meeting at a different pub next time, possibly the Wheatsheaf to see its suitability as a pre and after game pub (its the closest one we can think of to the new stadium), but also because the last 6 guys at the Duke, including myself, were effectively kicked out of the pub by Billy Corrigan for being sober, and due to our claim of being an anarcho-syndicalist commune rather than a team.

A full report for the guys that weren't able to make it and requested will follow once I have the chance in the next day or two. I'll probably do it by direct email so as to safeguard our secret plans for world conquest away from the haters that might be reading this. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

In terms of action items, well we are strongly considering calling the supporters group "The Corporate Whores", or possibly "The Avaricious Capitalists' Financial Support Network".

We might also be up for meeting at a different pub next time, possibly the Wheatsheaf to see its suitability as a pre and after game pub (its the closest one we can think of to the new stadium), but also because the last 6 guys at the Duke, including myself, were effectively kicked out of the pub by Billy Corrigan for being sober, and due to our claim of being an anarcho-syndicalist commune rather than a team.

A full report for the guys that weren't able to make it and requested will follow once I have the chance in the next day or two. I'll probably do it by direct email so as to safeguard our secret plans for world conquest away from the haters that might be reading

Would not be a bad idea to post what was discussed in point form.Or at l;east the hi lites of our discussions.

It seemed that Paul is a heavy weight with that group and certainly seemed to have the power to make some major decisions in all areas we seemed concerned or interested about.

I am glad that he was there and that he seemed to leave with a favourable impressions of our group.Apparently we had one up on the raptors group!

this. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

A full report for the guys that weren't able to make it and requested will follow once I have the chance in the next day or two. I'll probably do it by direct email so as to safeguard our secret plans for world conquest away from the haters that might be reading this. ;)

If it's just a matter of copy/pasting could you send the sum-up to myself as well, I'd like to know what i've missed...

Next time I'm sure I can attend, I guess it worked for perhaps a few that it was during university reading week, but not for myself as I left town...

quote:Originally posted by morrison

If it's just a matter of copy/pasting could you send the sum-up to myself as well, I'd like to know what i've missed...

It sort of is....people have asked different questions so its been a matter of responding to different questions while repeating some of the same points. I got to a few responses today, and will hopefully do more tomorrow. Hopefully there is news soon from the Keays on the mailing list/website.

Could not post this one. You all know that the meeting last night was called to meet this guy from the MLSE group.Paul was very gracious and answered all the questions as wel as asked some good ones.He was sitting sort of at the head of many tables. I was very interested inw hat he was saying and it appeared that he was in a powerfull position.Asked us about our suggested input on ticket pricing,the colour of the seats and we discussed the location of our supporters group as wel as other intersting detail,i.e. in the progress of picking a coac and geberal manager. Anyway i was sitting just about on the other side and had serious problems hearing Paul since 5 of our group were busy jabbing away in their own world and bery loudly at that. I asked them to keep it down and all I heard come on John.They could not care less who or what,just their own little world. Well I gave them the finger. Jerks!

quote:Originally posted by john tv

you don't have a grip, it was not a board meeting but I was brought up with some sort of politness and these guys were assholes!

Well since I'm one of these assholes, I figure I should chime in here. It's a bar! I didnt know it was against the rules to talk to one another in a bar. This wasnt an official press conference, we are allowed to talk about Champions League, Olympic Hockey or whatever we were talking about. We tryed to keep as quiet as possible but we still need to hear each other.

John, you have to understand that not everybody was treating the meeting as formally as some others were. Which is fine, we were at a pub after all. Most of the noise was being made by the table next to Paul which featured four loud guys that weren't with our group. If you want you could have told those guys at that booth to shut the **** up and the other 30 of us there would have backed you up. ;)Besides, the really enemy of the night was Billy Corrigan on the first floor, rather than anybody on the 2nd floor where we were.

Seriously though, if it happens again feel free to switch places with me (assuming I am sitting closer, as I was this time) so that you can hear. I don't mind. Its a more realistic expectation than asking people who are friends that haven't seen each other in a month or more to not talk to each other.

Could not post this one. You all know that the meeting last night was called to meet this guy from the MLSE group.

Actually, the meeting was called first, and then the MLSE guy said he would attend.

I was one of the guys you so kindly told to 'shut the fvck up', even though I wasn't talking at that time (I was stuffing my face with those Aussie Cheese Fries).

Breakwood you need guidanmce but you have my sympathy,you are big enough to stand up and be counted right or wrong. Maybe some of you misunderstood the purpose of this thing,although I did not. This thing was organized for this guy to talk and listen to us, anyway that's the way it came across. I realize I did push for some agenda but being an Ultra in disguise rules are there to be broken i guess. Know nothing about these Ultra guys,but they are known to do differnt things. Anyway I had great difficulty hearing Paul because of you guys and to be honest I was blown away by this extreme ignorance. never experienced this in my life.Some breakthrough eh

Could you tell me what went through your mind while he was talking.

Breakwood you need guidanmce but you have my sympathy,you are big enough to stand up and be counted right or wrong. Maybe some of you misunderstood the purpose of this thing,although I did not. This thing was organized for this guy to talk and listen to us, anyway that's the way it came across. I realize I did push for some agenda but being an Ultra in disguise rules are there to be broken i guess. Know nothing about these Ultra guys,but they are known to do differnt things. Anyway I had great difficulty hearing Paul because of you guys and to be honest I was blown away by this extreme ignorance. never experienced this in my life.Some breakthrough eh

Could you tell me what went through your mind while he was talking.

Well I didn't come to the meeting specifically to talk to him, allthough it was very nice of him to show up. I came to the meeting to meet up with some people I havent seen since the last meeting or even the last lynx game. I figured since I had no pressing issues with MLSE I would let the people who did voice them, but what am I supposed to do while all this is going on, just stand there and not do anything? I didnt drive into to the city to stand there, and listen to people talk, I drove in so that I could talk with some friends durring the off season. I'm sorry you had trouble hearing, but we had as much right to talk as anyone else. I really didnt see us being so loud that it was interupting the discussion going on at the other end of the room.

I'm sorry you had trouble hearing, but we were in a bar, and there is going to be noise, and you have to understand that.

P.S. Yeah Rudi is right that was basically what was in my mind.

G.L it is good and kind of you defend these guys. They were all of our group, without fail.Some of them went to listen to Paul and than went back to the end.It was very strange indeed and totally foreign to me. To be honest I have never exoerienced this complete ignorance in my life.I suppose it's a new world and I still have a lot to learn. If this ever happens again I would suggest a different place and maybe some type of agenda. Not that I am such a corperate guy,but these things are important and a little arrangement would be better I believe. I thought it was great to get him out and I sensed a deep commitment to soccer by this group. Things are happening very much in our favour.I just hope that he does not go back with the impression that some people did not care or paid no attention, I hope not. I will tell you if I would have been in his position it would have not escaped me.

Don't worry John, I am pretty certain he did not leave with an impression that the group didn't care or anything like that. If a need for a formal meeting comes up I'm sure we will pick a more formal setting.

For now though the next get together will likely be a casual affair at a pub closer to where the stadium is being built (or at least that's what the final six people who were there on the night are going to advocate we do next time after the Billy Corrigan episode on the first floor - for those that missed it, all will be explained later ;)).

Archived