U-Sector Mailing List + Meeting Info

SeanKeay

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by mlsintoronto

It was great meeting you all last night. I look forward to helping cultivate the great thing you've got going.

P

I second that... as it was my first Voyageurs meeting, unless that friendly viewing at The Swan (i think that's what it was called) counted.

Broton

Hey G.L not to belabour this thing any further but would it be possible to put a report together on last Sat,meeting.I thought that I picked up most of the discussion but at the same time it would be extremely informative for those that could not make it and or live way out of town.I sensed from listening to Paul {I whish I knew his last name) that his organization is very much trying to make it work and that the supporters group is as important as anything else.In fact when I asked the question " do you have any money in your budget for a supporters droup I was surprised to hear that they did.At least that is what I heard.

I was surprised that he asked us for the recommended colours of the seats as well as our recommendations for the ticket price.

Girls soccer if I recall was also on the agenda and a potential W.C tournament was discussed I thought.

Did you get any feedback from him and his impression of the group?

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Hey G.L not to belabour this thing any further but would it be possible to put a report together on last Sat,meeting.I thought that I picked up most of the discussion but at the same time it would be extremely informative for those that could not make it and or live way out of town.I sensed from listening to Paul {I whish I knew his last name) that his organization is very much trying to make it work and that the supporters group is as important as anything else.In fact when I asked the question " do you have any money in your budget for a supporters droup I was surprised to hear that they did.At least that is what I heard.

I was surprised that he asked us for the recommended colours of the seats as well as our recommendations for the ticket price.

Girls soccer if I recall was also on the agenda and a potential W.C tournament was discussed I thought.

Did you get any feedback from him and his impression of the group?

I kind of thought the seat colour question was a minor joke. Perhaps I was wrong.

db

Mrs Ball yes you are wrong as usual. Paul asked what colour we would recommend for the seats. I piped up from the back, you guessed it Orange and yes we even discussed it. I volunteerd that ING is very much involved in soccer world wide at that he Paul should contact ING. Paul thanked me for the inputand he seemed very pleased. David you wre sitting next to him, while I was fighting the you know who!

David this was a very serious situation and Paul was looking for answers and input.Remember?

Mrs Ball yes you are wrong as usual. Paul asked what colour we would recommend for the seats. I piped up from the back, you guessed it Orange and yes we even discussed it. I volunteerd that ING is very much involved in soccer world wide at that he Paul should contact ING. Paul thanked me for the inputand he seemed very pleased. David you wre sitting next to him, while I was fighting the you know who!

David this was a very serious situation and Paul was looking for answers and input.Remember?

John,

Why are you playing games with my name? Is it supposed to be funny or something?

Yes, I do recall your ING suggestion. Let's hope they can be brought on board. It would be quite the coup for MLSE. If it means orange seating ... well if one must ... but it would make any empty seats very obvious to the television cameras.

Yes, you were fighting with and swearing at our friends. Very nice of you to swear at Grasshopper, Busanboy and the others. Fortunately, they were nice enough to let your rudeness pass.

Yes, Paul was a very gracious and accomodating fellow listening closely to all the suggestions made on the night.

It gives one hope that MLSE is going to do things right.

If I recall they apologied. All of a sudden I am the culprit.You were sitting on the beginning of the table while they were on the end,I guess you noticed as well who they were after listing all their names.It seems that I was still paying more attention than you were, reading your first comment.To be honest I could not careless if it really comes down to colours,just get that stadium build.I do believe that Orange does look very nice on television,when I was with the Dutch team at the Orange bowl I could not stop admiring all these Orange seats and it looked great on T.V empty or not!

If I recall they apologied. All of a sudden I am the culprit.You were sitting on the beginning of the table while they were on the end,I guess you noticed as well who they were after listing all their names.It seems that I was still paying more attention than you were, reading your first comment.

Dave knew who they were because they all mentioned themselves on the board after you repeatedly brought up the fact that you thought they were the reason that you couldn't hear.

Perhaps the fact that you were at the end of the table and there were at least 75-100 other people on that floor of the bar contributed to the noise level, not 5 or 6 guys who were chatting to each other after not seeing one another in quite some time.

Oh, by the way, I was also among those you told off, even though I was not saying a word at the time. And no, I never apologized.

If I recall they apologied. All of a sudden I am the culprit.You were sitting on the beginning of the table while they were on the end,I guess you noticed as well who they were after listing all their names.It seems that I was still paying more attention than you were, reading your first comment.To be honest I could not careless if it really comes down to colours,just get that stadium build.I do believe that Orange does look very nice on television,when I was with the Dutch team at the Orange bowl I could not stop admiring all these Orange seats and it looked great on T.V empty or not!

Well, as it is to be our national stadium, I say red and white seats in the pattern of the flag of Canada would look very, very good not to mention patriotic.

Re. the the boys apologizing, as I said, they are good guys. Did you apologize to them for your bad language?

db

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Dave knew who they were because they all mentioned themselves on the board after you repeatedly brought up the fact that you thought they were the reason that you couldn't hear.

Perhaps the fact that you were at the end of the table and there were at least 75-100 other people on that floor of the bar contributed to the noise level, not 5 or 6 guys who were chatting to each other after not seeing one another in quite some time.

Oh, by the way, I was also among those you told off, even though I was not saying a word at the time. And no, I never apologized.

Ya Rudi, noise is always going to be an issue in a pub. Not a lot we can do about that I suppose unless we can find an establishment with a private room. We'd probably have to guarantee a certain amount of business but it could conceivably be done.

Too bad the downstairs is rarely open anymore. At one time it had the reputation as the most conversation friendly pub in Toronto.

db

Well here we are as "a group" gathered, I presume to meet this MLSE soccer reprsentative.He seemed very interested in us and was heavily engaged in a variety of things that did pertain to our group It became quite difficult to hear what he had to say. I on three occasions asked "our" guys on the end to keep it down.But they persisted. On the fourth time I again asked them to be quit and all I heart was " Come on John".It sounded very insulting and very rude indeed.It was very obvious that they were not interested in listening to him and even more so,would not even keep their voices down. I never said a word just gave them the finger.By the way they never stopped and carried on the same way.

I do recall that I had suggested to change the venue,with this potential noise problem from "others" than ourselves as the main reason!

Yes I was rude giving the guy who said "come on John" the finger and I apologize.

John, I think this was a U-sector meeting in which the MLSE guy attended. It was not an official MLS meeting with fans to get their input. The U-sector is a supporters group not an official representatives of fans to the club. Most European clubs have a group that officially liasons from the fans to the club and also many supporter clubs who get together to support the team in an unofficial way like the U-sector. Thus, one can expect that the event would proceed like a regular U-sector meeting with people drinking a few beers and talking with one of those people just happening to be a MLSE guy. You're coming off as a bit of a fanatic here, John. If it was so important to you to talk and hear the guy why didn't you move closer or ask to talk with him personally for a few minutes. If you want to get your ideas across so much why don't you try to set up a meeting with someone in MLSE. I think it is unreasonable to think that the U-sector guys should completely change their meeting from what it usually is (a bunch of Toronto soccer fans getting together to drink beer and shoot the ****) just because either you or the MLSE guy attends. Note also that the MLSE guy did not appear to expect this at all and seemed quite happy with the meeting.

I really would appreciate if someone would post in detail what they heard him say.Hey the guy took a Sat. night of to meet and speak to us and from what I gathered he is one of the big shooters at the MLSE team as well.I really wanted to hear everything he was talking about as well as politeness and respect I suppose.I could not move to the other side and I figured if I would ask our guys to just listen and participate that would be it. All extremely strange to me.I am still waiting for a recap from someone please.

There isn't much we can re-cap in a public forum. Most of it has been mentioned already, the other stuff we've been asked to keep to ourselves rather than post it all over the internet since the stuff isn't finalized and we could be giving out the wrong impression. This stuff can be discussed in private at the next meeting if people are interested, but not here.

The next step for the supporters group is the completion of the new website (the Keays are working on it & they'll let us know when its ready) and just continuing to brainstorm & meet regularly to, apart from just socializing, discuss ideas on how we can continue to spread the good word with the goal of getting the supporters section as large as possible on opening day....which is still over 15 months to go remember.

By the way, I hear that the old Hall of Fame building has been demolished, so progress on the stadium continues to be made.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

The next step for the supporters group is the completion of the new website (the Keays are working on it & they'll let us know when its ready) and just continuing to brainstorm & meet regularly to, apart from just socializing, discuss ideas on how we can continue to spread the good word with the goal of getting the supporters section as large as possible on opening day....which is still over 15 months to go remember.

I wonder how many people the big stand behind the south goal holds? I recall Paul musing that he wanted to see a supporter section of not hundreds but possibly thousands. He said he liked what DC and Chicago supporters are doing, but would like Toronto to emulate it on a bigger scale. At least someone at MLSE is thinking big. 4000 fans chanting "Up the Union!" behind the goal would create quite an atmosphere.

Archived