U-Sector Mailing List + Meeting Info

SeanKeay

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Broton

Dew they have a private, or semi private space? Or even a corner that we could invade and take over without much of a problem? That's what we need to find out... and if they want us there. But we can establish a "routine" with the pub after the first one... so long as they don't throw us out. :)

-rod

Keep your eyes open for parking lots as well if you are in the area. A lot of the gang are driving in from Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Markham, Whitby, etc. The closest Municipal lot would be handy to know about.

quote:Originally posted by Broton

I would suspect that the food and the beer selection would be slightly better at The Dew than the Sheaf. But then again I think the Sheaf would be slightly cheaper. And the food ain't terrible. I actually like the shoe leather steaks.

I'd suggest the Sheaf. It's got some personality and history, that's for sure. Although the beer is not as cheap as it once was.

The Foggy Dew is nice enough, but it's just another Irish pub.

The 511 streetcar travels down Bathurst - some of the cars stop at King and others continue to Exhibition. See if you can figure out this schedule: http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/schedules/511S.htm

Guest silvaplate

I think the sheaf is good place. The food is alright. I like their wings. The prices are pretty fair considering the location its at. Its got a patio in the summer, and it can get pretty packed in there.

When these get togethers become 'for real' (and no I don't think we should only meet to play Salt Lake), do you think crowds will be a problem? I may be wrong (cause I'm an asshole who can't shut up), but I got the impression that MLSE would shoot for a 'traditional' kick off time so that punters could always count on knowing game time. I took to understand, that early Sat evening was what was in mind. If so, we would probably slot nicely between the Jays crowd (who have left for the 4:30 afternoon game) and there Sat night crowd. Ya Fink?

quote:Originally posted by silvaplate

Its got a patio in the summer, and it can get pretty packed in there.

I'm not sure if it getting "packed in there" is a good thing as we would want there to be room for the supporters, and not be fighting for space/service from other patrons. But I've only seen it *really* packed during hockey games... playoffs are INSANE. But it's not unusually for me not to find a table to sit at on the weekend.

-rod

Once we have a better idea of the numbers I'm sure that we can work with whatever pub is happy to have our business (ie. not the Duke of Forgill, er I mean the Duke of York). I am just guessing on the schedules but I expect Saturday games in April & October will be during the day, not the evening, so as to take advantage of the warmer weather & avoid conflicts with Saturday night hockey. May to September might see more night games. But that's just totally speculation on my part.

quote:Originally posted by BusanBhoy

When these get togethers become 'for real' (and no I don't think we should only meet to play Salt Lake), do you think crowds will be a problem? I may be wrong (cause I'm an asshole who can't shut up), but I got the impression that MLSE would shoot for a 'traditional' kick off time so that punters could always count on knowing game time. I took to understand, that early Sat evening was what was in mind. If so, we would probably slot nicely between the Jays crowd (who have left for the 4:30 afternoon game) and there Sat night crowd. Ya Fink?

Hey ***** "sorry"

I love listening to you.

Archived