U-Sector Mailing List + Meeting Info

SeanKeay

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Don't worry John, I am pretty certain he did not leave with an impression that the group didn't care or anything like that. If a need for a formal meeting comes up I'm sure we will pick a more formal setting.

For now though the next get together will likely be a casual affair at a pub closer to where the stadium is being built (or at least that's what the final six people who were there on the night are going to advocate we do next time after the Billy Corrigan episode on the first floor - for those that missed it, all will be explained later ;)).

Hahaha, I seemed to have left just before the action started, so I will need to be filled in, I can't wait for this story. Seems a little bit more interesting then the nice little get the f*uck out of here we got the time before.

perhaps when billy and 29 of his mates congeal together 6 pitchers is enough to scurry for the lavs?

John, as another of the Assholes (funny I figured there was about 18 of us) I do feel sorry. I wouldn't and don't ever have the intention of trampsing on anothers good time (except maybe the bluenosers) so I feel bad about that. But (yes I know the beginning of a sentence but hey) I have to concur with what others have said. No one was out to bother you, we were just talking (and actually I feel quite comfortable that I got the jist of all that mlsintoronto had to say)and unfortunatly that will always be the case. I guess the next time we will just have to prearange the asshole section, I suspect, however, that this might just be the best place to sit.

Anyway, sorry again mate

I guess I had to learn that being a supporters group rules are there to be broken. In fact that's exactly what i presume they don't want.Rules that is. It is that rebellious thing that I may have experienced. Wrong time wrong place.Not knocking you guys just not my world at all, yet I am having a great time as well without this stuff. So to each it's own and please do not think I am croticizing just being another type of ultra at least from those 5 characters who really pissed me of.

It still boggles my mind.

Time for me to make an appearance for my semi-annual post.

Had a great time Saturday, seeing the group again and putting some faces to names. And thank you Paul for coming out and fielding questions to the best of your ability. Somehow I knew I wasn't going to be able to resist questioning how much longer Richard Peddie would be around.

John, sorry that you had a tough time hearing Paul from MLSE at times. We certainly weren't trying to make things difficult for you, and in fact we were making an effort to speak in quieter tones. Maybe we weren't as quiet as we thought, but that's going to happen when you get together with the guys in a bar and talk. Many of us on that side of the table had already had an opportunity to speak with Paul, and as we were too far away to hear him ourselves, took to talking amongst ourselves. Probably a better solution to your situation would have been to have moved closer to Paul, rather than to expect 5 or 6 guys in a bar to sit silently drinking their beers. I'm quite certain though that describing us as rude, jerks, and assholes, and giving us the finger in the bar wasn't necessary.

As we'll all be seeing each other, best to let bygones be bygones.

Busan Bhoy, well said. Although it's a misnomer that will probably stick now, the asshole section was definitely the place to be! To me, you're an original. A dog named after a Swedish soccer player.

As for Billy Corgan (having listened to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness as much as I have, I have to correct the spelling of his name) and his refusal to serve us...if I'm going to be refused service, it would have been nice if at least one of us was staggering or slurring or show some physical sign of inebriation. Definitely up for finding a new place next time. (Plus I think that any pub kitchen worth it's salt should be able to whip up some Aussie Cheese Fries regardless if it's on the menu.)

Blair

Indeed Blair, bygones be the way to go...

I prefer asshole section to southsiders, truth be told...

As for signs of physical inebriation, you should have stuck around for, my now traditionl, late night hook up with Luis for boozecans and babes not to be missed....

SING UP THE UNION!

I really thought that we were there as a team and listening to Paul, hey afterall this was a Sat night and he was working overtime maybe at his cost.We were there on a Sat. night according to all the stuff I read to meet and listen.Some of these guys turned out to be right wingers. They sat on my left and disapeared to my right. Even the Real Gooner had difficulty picking out right wing or left wing. I guess he was the smartest and most educated one of that bunch, thanks gooner. I would have been even nastier if you would have picked these right wingers. Anyway Blair is was nice talking to you and I am sure that you will think about this and maybe give some attention to priorities and just not Blair alone it's a big world and listening is no 1.

WOW I just cant belive what I'm reading. I'm also one of those "assholes" I had a discussion with Blair and you turned around and told us to "shhhh" To me thats ignorance. If I did not have respect for my elders.I would have said or done something else. I "chilled" talked to Blair, Busan Bhoy, Breakwood, Frankey and other and then stood @ the other end so I could hear better. Then went back, went for a smoke, went back and listend. Common you could have easily done the same thing. To call this the biggest ignorance you heard in your life is just wrong. I think you should seriously consider what your "signing up for" because if you cant handle someone talking beside you how are you ever going to stand and have someone scream out their lungs right next to you.

John, the only ultras in that group of five guys were maybe two at most, the rest were new faces and they were getting acquainted with each other, thats all. i don't think there was any harm in that. When i couldn't hear what Paul was talking about, i simply moved closer and stood behind G-L, having his back, in case of any asassination attempts on our fair, humble leader.

The bar was noisy with background music, two televsion monitors, casual patrons of the bar within the vicinity, bar staff and the sweeeeet sounds of beer being poured and blissfullly washed away.

Lets not pick on something that seems feeble to the general consensus, or maybe next time just simply say to them, hey lets be apart of this Q&A, then we can blab away with each other, which we all enjoy doing at these meetings. does that sound fair.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

I really thought that we were there as a team

Actually that's what Billy Corgan thought (my apologies to all for the previous mis-spellings, as you can tell I'm not a fan of the band, but I do know what he looks like). After we told him that we were in fact an anarcho-syndicalist commune, we were refused service.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Actually that's what Billy Corgan thought (my apologies to all for the previous mis-spellings, as you can tell I'm not a fan of the band, but I do know what he looks like). After we told him that we were in fact an anarcho-syndicalist commune, we were refused service.

Not enough xylaphones and flute solos gl? ;)

Not just that, but from what I've heard a total lack of Mellotron. Although I appreciate the concept album attempt by the band.

Speaking of xylophone solo's, I just got the new Gentle Giant DVD the other day and boy can that group play! But that's for another forum I guess......

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

no no... Let's keep it casual. We were at a pub! Hearing every word was not a matter of life and death.

Precisely.

Besides, what bar is going to allow us with voice amplifying equipment in their establishment?

Archived