2005 CSA Player of the Year

BrennanFan

http://www.canadiansoccer-secure.com/poll/Register.jsp

I didn't know they actually had an official player of the year award. Is this new?

And the nominees are:

Male Youth Player of the Year

Nikolas Ledgerwood, Ryan Gyaki, Josh Wagenaar, Will Johnson, Jaime Peters, Andre Hainault, Tyler Rosenlund

Male Player of the Year

Atiba Hutchinson, Dwayne De Rosario, Julian de Guzman, Tomasz Radzinski, Paul Staltieri, Greg Sutton, Patrice Bernier

Its a 50% fan vote, 50% media vote. Will be interesting to see who wins.

We'll keep the related thread, generally talking about a wide range of players of the year, open

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8484&whichpage=1

, because this discussion should be focussed on the actual contest.

I see that the CSA has apparently sent the Voyageurs all invitations and ballot passwords to vote, using our member list. That is kind of a nice nod to us I think.

My vote is now tending towards Gyaki for the Youth and Staleri (mainly for club performance, which to me also has to be a consideration as per the World Award, not for his national team performance particularly).

Voting is until January 6.

Thanks for the link above, Brennanfan, as the links provided on the CSA email don't go anywhere yet.

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Typical of the CSA. No password and no ability to add your own choice if you do not agree with the ones they provide. Maybe they should also add one called: rate this site.

They explain right there on the site that the players listed were selected by the media.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

I see that the CSA has apparently sent the Voyageurs all invitations and ballot passwords to vote, using our member list. That is kind of a nice nod to us I think.

Invitations were sent to individual Voyageurs? I haven't received anything.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

They explain right there on the site that the players listed were selected by the media.

They do? All I see is this (bold added by me):

quote:From http://www.canadiansoccer-secure.com/poll/Register.jsp

The CSA Athlete of the Year awards finalists were nominated by the CSA coaches based on the following:

(a) competing and excelling at the highest level both at the National Team, professional level, and amateur level during the calendar year 2005.

(B) exhibiting decorum on and off the field that reflects well on Canada soccer.

© contributing toward the growth, development, credibility and popularization of soccer in Canada.

Yeah that would make sense. Here's the email:

Dear Daniel,

You are cordially invited to be one of the first to participate in the voting for the inaugural CSA Player of the Year Awards.

The Canadian Soccer Association has created an online poll to select the 2005 Players of the Year and we knew that as a soccer insider, you'd like to have your say.

To submit your vote, please click here using the username and password listed below:

Username: XXXXXX

Password: XXXXXX

You are also the first to hear about The BootRoom - the Canadian Soccer Association's E-zine that will be making it's debut in early 2006. The BootRoom will be filled with indepth player interviews - both past and present, coaching tips and drills, a fan forum where you can express your opinions, and advanced information regarding upcoming Canada Soccer events...everything a fan of Canadian soccer could ask for...

Yours in Soccer,

www.canadasoccer.com

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

Received it.

Rather than using a "Voyageur List" is it not likelier that they used the information gathered when they had the voting for the locations of the WYC? I'm pretty sure you had to give information like email for that.

Could be, but I never voted for that.

Could be from that a a number of other lists. Think I'm on their volunteer list or the provincial list for volunteers.

Archived