How fast is Radzinski ?

fza

I had a discussion last night with a Chilean friend, and he wanted me to name at least 1 player in the world who is faster than Mark Gonzalez (Chilean International- plays for Albacete, La Liga) and I said that Radzinski is way faster. And of course, he didn`t even have a clue who he was, and by saying he was Canadian he laughed!!..

Radz is considered one of the fastest players in the EPL along with Rommendhal.

My questions is how fast can Radz run the 100m? and Who`s the fastest player in the EPL? Europe? World?...

In the EPL, the fastest players have to be, Henry obviously, rumours were saying France wanted him for the French 100M team. Also Shaun Wright-Phillips, Rommendhal as you said, Baros is a quick one, Rooney is also fast as well. I'd say Radz is up there in the top 10 or 15 fastest players in the EPL.

the fastest player was the black pantera he was clocked in 30 m test under 4 seconds if not mistaken 3.78

just some stats for you guys rooney and henry are about the same in 30m 5 randisky wins in 50 meters though i think! 100 meters is quite a distance do you not think!

quote:Originally posted by fza

I had a discussion last night with a Chilean friend, and he wanted me to name at least 1 player in the world who is faster than Mark Gonzalez (Chilean International- plays for Albacete, La Liga) and I said that Radzinski is way faster. And of course, he didn`t even have a clue who he was, and by saying he was Canadian he laughed!!..

Right. Because Canadians can't be fast.

You should ask this guy who the last Chilean 100m world record holder was.

Hey, let the Chilean dude believe his countryman is the fastest footballer in the world: they don't have much else to cheer about. Why take away what little they have? [^] (Loved how our Prime Minister, when asked by the Chilean president to have a quick meeting at a recent international event, said that he just couldn't do it right then because "A very important football game was going on." Apparently Martin wanted to get back to his hotel to catch the Grey Cup finals. Now that's a Canadian who knows his priorities.)

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

ronaldo is way faster than rooney. with and without the ball.

Which Ronaldo are we talking about? Cristiano?...By the way Rooney is fat!..or he just has thick bones:D

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Hey, let the Chilean dude believe his countryman is the fastest footballer in the world: they don't have much else to cheer about. Why take away what little they have? [^]

uhm my dad is chilean and we went down to Chile a couple years ago. I'd say they have more than a "little" going for them, including a beautiful country and friendly people. Oh, and a national team that would beat Canada easily...

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

uhm my dad is chilean and we went down to Chile a couple years ago. I'd say they have more than a "little" going for them, including a beautiful country and friendly people. Oh, and a national team that would beat Canada easily...

Easily??? I hope you're joking. They're third from bottom in their WCQ, Colombia's ahead of them, and last time I checked we beat Colombia:). Ey, we even tied 2nd place Brazil too! haha I know it was there B Team! BUT STILL!

If you watch the goal by Radzinski with Anderlecht against Lazio, he's obviously very fast (and in the stadium, nobody even thought that he will touch the ball before the line to give a pass back... so, scoring was awesome !)

I rarely saw that

I also remember Edwin Van Ankeren (he also played in Ekeren, but also PSV and Odd Grennland) : once, he had the ball at 20 meters of his own goal, he made a long shot. Some player were at the circle in the middle of the field and the ball went far in the other camp and Van Ankeren was the first to touch it. Amazing too !

Mark Williams, who scored both goals of South Africa when they were champions of Africa also was a very fast player

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

Bertuzzi-dude, I used the [^] to indicate my silly rant was only a piss-take. Come on, fza's chilean friend arrogantly wrote Radzinski off because he was Canadian. If they can dish crap, certainly they should be able to take it. I have nothing against Chile--they are our 32nd most important trading partner--something like that--a democratic and progressive country, and by all accounts good people. Mind you, Pinochet was Chilean, was he not? (Though we know he was not alone in the atrocities he exacted against his own people.)

No, I don't have issues with Chile or Chileans; in this instance, I only have issues with arrogance.

Viva Canada!!

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

If you watch the goal by Radzinski with Anderlecht against Lazio, he's obviously very fast (and in the stadium, nobody even thought that he will touch the ball before the line to give a pass back... so, scoring was awesome !)

I rarely saw that

I also remember Edwin Van Ankeren (he also played in Ekeren, but also PSV and Odd Grennland) : once, he had the ball at 20 meters of his own goal, he made a long shot. Some player were at the circle in the middle of the field and the ball went far in the other camp and Van Ankeren was the first to touch it. Amazing too !

Mark Williams, who scored both goals of South Africa when they were champions of Africa also was a very fast player

Is there any video clips of that goal available?

I think this is the goal against Lazio the Bxl Boy is talking about:

http://blackhawk.madoka.be/OnDemand/radzinski_lazio_1-0.mpeg

It seems like the video speed is fast so you don't really get a good feel for his speed, but it is a nice goal.

This entire thread was dedicated to Radzinski goals if anyone cares:

http://canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5072

quote:Bertuzzi-dude, I used the [^] to indicate my silly rant was only a piss-take. Come on, fza's chilean friend arrogantly wrote Radzinski off because he was Canadian. If they can dish crap, certainly they should be able to take it. I have nothing against Chile--they are our 32nd most important trading partner--something like that--a democratic and progressive country, and by all accounts good people. Mind you, Pinochet was Chilean, was he not? (Though we know he was not alone in the atrocities he exacted against his own people.)

No, I don't have issues with Chile or Chileans; in this instance, I only have issues with arrogance.

Viva Canada!!

Pinochet is Chilean and you`re right he wasn`t alone in the violation of human rights, neither was he alone when he dug out the country from the huge hole it was in after Allende avoiding the birth of the second Cuba in Latin America and transforming Chile in what it is today, a democratic and progressive country like you said.

Oh well, this is soccer and not politics...

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

I think the Chilean guy was just pulling people's leg. Mark Gonzalez? the fastest player? never heard of the dude. He probably was aluding to the expression "speedy Gonzalez" jokingly.

Ha, ha--yes, this was the response I should have gone for. More elegant and appropriate. Good on you.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Ha, ha--yes, this was the response I should have gone for. More elegant and appropriate. Good on you.

This dude is only 19 or 20..and I`m pretty sure that in spain they call him "speedy" Gonzalez...

Archived