How fast is Radzinski ?

fza

quote:Originally posted by fza

Pinochet is Chilean and you`re right he wasn`t alone in the violation of human rights, neither was he alone when he dug out the country from the huge hole it was in after Allende avoiding the birth of the second Cuba in Latin America and transforming Chile in what it is today, a democratic and progressive country like you said.

Oh well, this is soccer and not politics...

Keep your mouth closed if are going to be so insensitive. It's people like you, whole believe economics are more important than people, who let assholes like Pinochet off the hook. 'Progressive' my ass - anyone who knows anything knows that Pinochet was nothing but a brutal military dictator, whose regime (supported by the CIA), murdered and tortured thousands people!. It is no wonder people are still trying to bring him to justice.

Last time I was in Chile I saw lots of "Viva Allende", and not one "viva Pinochet"...

you probably think Saddam Hussien was good for Iraq because things were 'better economically'.

Pinochet's regime was a dark time in Chilean history, and many people died, so please: think first, speak second.

quote:Originally posted by François

Henry has to be the fastest player with the ball...

Echo that.

Radz has to be in the top 10% though. That class of greyhound who can back up a defensive line if utilised properly. How these guys can gallop along with the ball seemingly always on-foot amazes me.

Couple things to remember about Radz is he dosen't have quite the throttle he used to and he's playing a much more different role than that which he had as a younger man. Think he's spending a lot more energy all around the pitch these days. Dosen't leave quite as much for those break away accelerations anymore.

And as to Pinochet. Wouldn't know him from the Pope but I do know I spent my late teens playing my footie with a bunch of Chileans and they weren't in the 'Peg because they liked our winters.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by The Ref

I think the Chilean guy was just pulling people's leg. Mark Gonzalez? the fastest player? never heard of the dude. He probably was aluding to the expression "speedy Gonzalez" jokingly.

After seeing this I decided to pay a bit more attention and watch Mark for Albacete this weekend. Plays with no .11 up the left side, and in many ways resembles the Radz types, short quick legs, and pretty fast. But not a sprinter's body, even looks a bit bowl-legged as he is low and strong (okay, some 100 meter types are like this).

The question of speed is moot in football. Overmaars was very fast, I think faster than either of those referred to, but what is the use if your crosses from the side are crap all the time?. Or if when you turn in your shots are not too effective? Any speed without accompanying ball skills is useless, which is why a player like Romario made his name by being the faster player over 4 metres in the box, the fastest effective 3-4 steps in the game in his heyday.

I know not related to soccer but, does any-one rememeber Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnston of the Montréal Allouettes or was it the Concordes .......anyways there was a time when pointy ball football was hiring world class runners as wide-outs. They proved to me speed ain't everything .....you gotta control the ball once you get it and then know what to do with it .....I think the same goes for soccer.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

Keep your mouth closed if are going to be so insensitive. It's people like you, whole believe economics are more important than people, who let assholes like Pinochet off the hook. 'Progressive' my ass - anyone who knows anything knows that Pinochet was nothing but a brutal military dictator, whose regime (supported by the CIA), murdered and tortured thousands people!. It is no wonder people are still trying to bring him to justice.

Last time I was in Chile I saw lots of "Viva Allende", and not one "viva Pinochet"...

you probably think Saddam Hussien was good for Iraq because things were 'better economically'.

Pinochet's regime was a dark time in Chilean history, and many people died, so please: think first, speak second.

When analyzing history it`s crutial to understand the context in which things happened, meaning that when you refer to Pinochet`s Regime as a "Dark" period in Chile`s History, I`d say Allende`s "goverment" (1970-73) AND Pinochet`s Regime (1973-1990) should be considered a dark period in Chilean History.

You can`t form an opinion only because you saw "Viva Allende" or "Viva Pinochet" spray painted on the streets. For your information the communist party is barely 3% of the voting popultaion compared to 47,5% the right wing party received (Source: Presidential Elections that Lagos won)

Oh and under Hussein, there wasn`t even an economy...and I`m glad he`s behind bars..every dictatorship is different and to have an opinion of each one it`s neccesary to investigate and inform yourself of the historical context in which things happened. In other words you have to learn both sides of the story.

Please take this sub-thread of discussion to the General Discussion section. — Admin

Archived