Positives + Negatives WCQ 04

stacks

Well here are the positives and negatives of this World Cup Qualifing.

POSITIVES

Ian Hume- This guys shows great potential, he's young and he can score(only at club level so far, but man, he came so close. Darlington has made an offer for him, it won't be long but he'll be playing at a higher level soon.

Tomasz Radzinski- Radzinski's gave a commitment, Canada's true star player showed up, played hard and now wants to give back to Canadian Soccer.

Atiba Hutchinson- Looked confident and capable, will be a part of Canada's back four for years to come.

NEGATIVES

Yallops' Buddies- played Onstad, Watson, and Corazzin when really they shouldn't of been there, especially Onstad. A Combined age of 103 years.

Captain's choice- Make Onstad captain after Jason Devos had had it for years, poor poor decision Frank.

Lack of Quality Players over inexperienced youth- Absence of Brennan, Bircham, Menezes, Bent, Nsawila, Kluwkowski, over 17 yr old Unattached Peters, and Simpson.

Lack of Media- SPortsnet showing the Costa Rica game at 12 Midnight, why bother? , tiny ads in the paper, why bother?

Any other Country and the coach would be gone by now, but not in Canada. Honduras just fired their coach this week.

quote:Originally posted by stacks

Ian Hume- This guys shows great potential, he's young and he can score(only at club level so far, but man, he came so close. Darlington has made an offer for him, it won't be long but he'll be playing at a higher level soon.

I totally agree Hume is one of Canada's future stars, but Darlington is in an even lower div than Tranmere, so your example might not be the greatest.

I would place Radzinski as a negative. Probably the best striker in Concacaf, (along with Wanchope), he was a dismal failure. I know he played hard, but to not score even one goal was a total dissappointment.

our main positive is that this was the end of the old guard, and that our future looks bright (simpson, hume, Deguzman, hutch, Peters, Occean)

quote:Originally posted by Chet

Grande was definitely a positive.

On the negative side: Stalteri. Played poorly against Guatemala, then got himself suspended.

yes, I agree on both counts. Very excited about Grande. A tad more pace and the guy would be stellar.

Stalteri must start acting like somebody who is going to form the leadership core of this team over the next several years. I felt his frustration, but he should know better by now. Time to show some leadership and poise.

Positive(s): first half performance vs Costa Rica at Swanguard. From a technical stand point, that was the best passing that the MNT did during the entire qualifying.

Surprise player: Grande, who improved his distribution immensely from his debut in Costa Rica

Young player for the future: Hutchison. Now, the powers that be need to decide where his best position should be.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by stacks

NEGATIVES

Lack of Quality Players over inexperienced youth- Absence of Brennan, Bircham, Menezes, Bent, Nsawila, Kluwkowski, over 17 yr old Unattached Peters, and Simpson.

Stacks...posted Oct 20th and you still haven't read updates on each of your "quality players" or are you just inexperienced?

I agree with all the positives and negatives posted above. I too expected more from Radzinski and perhaps he could have done better had he had better service. De Rosario is another player that could have done more than just score one goal, but being relegated to helping too much in defense cut down his forward play. I would like to see some speculation as to who will Yallop play against Guatemala. Is he still going to stick with the old guard. Also I would like to read somewhere as to what Yallop mission and plans are for the future, if he has any. I know it is futile to re-hash the past, but there is something I can't get out of my mind and that is I remember reading somewhere that Yallop had said that he had scouted Guatemala a lot before the Guatemala game. This led me to think that he was well prepared and had a plan for that game. The sad outcome seems to indicate something different. Maybe some other poster remember reading the same thing.

Negatives:Onstads goalkeeping ability,lack of team scoring, lack of emotion when playing at home. Poor managing of the team from the

CSA to Frank Yallop,ie-not enough friendlies prior to this wcq campaign to make the team come together,player selections,disipline (throwing

water bottles at officals when a call goes against you then getting a

2 game match ban.

Negatives:Onstads goalkeeping ability,lack of team scoring, lack of emotion when playing at home. Poor managing of the team from the

CSA to Frank Yallop,ie-not enough friendlies prior to this wcq campaign to make the team come together,player selections,disipline (throwing

water bottles at officals when a call goes against you then getting a

2 game match ban.

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

jeez, sorry i had to go out before i could finish my post

Not only are you a half-wit, you are a complete liar, too.

You "had to go out" before you could finish your post? If so, please explain the myriad of other posts from "soccerbeast" in the ensuing minutes.

He was there because he is out best scorer, that had a lack of presence in the mid field to get him the ball.......and Peters and Simpson were by far not the best players, but not the worst either. They are young and still developing.

Hey, how is it that SoccerBeast has posted more times here than I have? Is that correct?

And SoccerBeast, once again you are being meanspirited!! Why do you hate our team so much? You are one of the biggest HATERS I have ever seen. You are an even bigger HATER than all those HATERS who apparently used to HATE some dude named THUNDER. Come on, man. Only a few weeks ago I vouched for you, telling everybody that you've turned over a new leaf, that you really did care for our team and wanted to support it. You've never answered my question: Why are you so meanspirited when everybody here is trying so hard to be supportive?

Archived