New Canada kit

All the large kit manufacturers are releasing their new designs, and thus I'm assuming it's only a matter of time until we get the new men's kit released (perhaps hence why the CSA online shop has the women's kits, but not the men's).

Since this is the age of "cookie-cutter" kits, and since Canada is supplied by Adidas, looking at other Adidas designs might give us a idea what our new shirt will look like.

Here's France's new top:

FranceHSS0405.gif

Do you think that penis-looking thing will also appear on our shirts?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Natesta

I like our current kit, why change it?

My guess is that Adidas says so.

Here are a couple other examples of the new design with some variations.

Spain's home jersey doesn't have a multi-coloured collar. Change the yellow stripes to white and you might have Canada's:

SpainHSS0304.gif

Argentina's away jersey adds some colour under the arms:

ArgentinaASS0304.gif

But really this new design is not significantly different from the current one, so I have to wonder what the heck Adidas' designers are paid for when all they do is create a new cookie-cutter that is barely different from the last one.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

I really hope ours has a collar.

And it's not a thong, it's a martinee glass.

Ok it's a thong...

LOL. :D

And our theme song could be Cisco`s hit .."Thong, thong, thong, thong, thoooong"!!

If you look at the examples of jerseys here, you will see that each one, Spain. Argentina, and Japan, have some kind of crest or shield on them. Why could Canada not have the SHIELD portion of the Coat of Arms on their new kit? It would look great, and, I believe, look better than the corporate logo that we currently have.

CHeers!

Uhm, Ian, have you ever actually SEEN Canada's coat of arms? Hate to tell you but the shield is butt-ugly and would be totally indistinct at anything beyond a few inches away.

Sorry, I must be a product of my generation but I like the CSA logo. Of course I like the Canucks retro jerseys and would love to see Arsenal wearing the 70's style with just the gun... :D

quote:Originally posted by Ian Kennett

If you look at the examples of jerseys here, you will see that each one, Spain. Argentina, and Japan, have some kind of crest or shield on them. Why could Canada not have the SHIELD portion of the Coat of Arms on their new kit? It would look great, and, I believe, look better than the corporate logo that we currently have.

CHeers!

Who cares if every other country has a shield. We're not every other country! I think we should take some solace in the fact that Canada is different, and stop trying to make up our on-field inadequacies off the field, IMHO.

quote:Originally posted by ted

Sorry, I must be a product of my generation but I like the CSA logo. Of course I like the Canucks retro jerseys :D

Absolutely. Our logo is great, even with the 1980's lettering. I'd love to have a WC1986 shirt, I think they look great.

quote:Originally posted by Marc

Absolutely. Our logo is great, even with the 1980's lettering. I'd love to have a WC1986 shirt, I think they look great.

Those are the ones with the big CANADA (imagine funky lettering) across the middle of the shirt, correct? I'd love the CSA to do a retro shirt (in celebration of the upcoming 20th anniversary of WC 86), maybe as a sort of good luck shirt. I'd wear it to all the qualifiers.

Most countries have a coat of arms or shield because most countries have completely boring and unoriginal flags consisting of two or three coloured stripes which are thus not very convincing as a logo. As we have a pretty unique and original flag I think this is effective as a logo and I like the CSA logo because it is original and looks nice. Plus this was my lucky shirt with the ladies in all the years I lived in Europe and a pretty Russian girl ended up asking me for it last summer so it can't be that bad. I now need a new one and am for this reason hoping that the new design is similar to the old one.

Some may praise the orginality of the CSA logo. I, on the other hand, find that it's rather outdated. When your trying to promote yourself to a new audience, you want to do something that people can relate to.

Rugby Canada got the idea when they replaced their old logo with a more modern one. The downside is that they borrowed from the CHA.

I'm sure that some on this board can produce what they wuld like to see for a logo.

Archived