New Canada kit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

The logo isn't dated, the lettering is. The logo's fine but the font is straight out of Star Trek: The Next Generation!

Agreed. The logo is good, it just needs to be updated.

Strobe_z, where are you? [8D]

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever, Korea made it to the WC semis wearing salmon-coloured uniforms. I think that dark red is going to be "shiny" red, not burgundy.

I'd like to see the white jersey on a player (I have a red from 2000-2002 and am looking for a white).

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

New Canadians ruggers kit out now, too:

http://www.barbarian.com/index.cfm?app=rugbycanada

This seems to be the best place to buy them online:

http://www.ruggers-canada.com/rugcangear.html

Canada wore these Jerseys in the recent World Cup too. They look great with the new logo in games. Very representative of Canadian rugby.

quote:Originally posted by Joe Keeper

Canada wore these Jerseys in the recent World Cup too.

Yeah, they were slightly different, with the RWC logo on the right breast and the kit manufacturer below in the middle of course, but you already know that.

The thing I like about the post-RWC kit is that is has the logo on the collar as well... very nice. I'd like to get one with the new collar and the old RWC2003 logo on it, but sadly they do not exist. :(

Anyway, back to soccer.... has anyone actually seen the new kit yet? Or an actual photograph of it, rather than that crappy drawing? If it looks exactly like that drawing, there's no way I'd get it.

I expect the "darker" part not to be quite as dark as the drawing makes it out to be; rather, something like the sides in the 2002-04 kit, the mesh/breathey stuff. But if it is that dark, it's a hideous contrast, and I'd be giving it a pass.

I don't know what problems you guys have with the 2002-04 home kit... I think it's our best jersey ever. Personally I'm not too bothered about the absence of a collar. From the drawing of the new kit, the new collar looks too small and wimpy, like a serviette folding.... DAFT!

Until I get a kit with a some sort of beaver on it or another I just won't be happy[xx(].

Otherwise I'd say it's an improvement. Better be. It'll be the one we're all wearing for the WC campain.

Nice Umbro kits for the 'Caps. Nice Adidas kits for the Nat's. Not bad, not bad.

P.S. May just order from the CSA website yet. They're still a bit wanting but will agree things are certainly improving.

Archived