Match Thread: April 26, 2024 - York United v Vancouver FC

Game is at 7pm ET (4pm PT) on One Soccer.

York have 4 wins and 1 loss all time against VFC.

VFC have started the regular season with 2 wins while York has 2 losses.

Vancouver lost to Cavalry on Tuesday in the Voyageurs Cup, so York will be on extra rest.

here we go vancouver with a roster of 27 players going on the road in the east with 6 subs...leon sturing and baldisimo still out so higgins likely starting...in cpl if you go at higgins for 90 minutes you have a pretty good chance of winning the game...

https://canpl.ca/article/preview-york-united-vs-vancouver-fc-2024-match-9

Ghotbi has been remarkably consistent in his squad selection so far this season, rolling out the same starting eleven for each of the team’s matches thus far. That won’t be the case on Friday, as Kadin Chung suffered an injury against Cavalry in Canadian Championship action, but the good news is that the club doesn’t believe the injury to be as serious as it first looked. Vancouver will only have six substitutes available on Friday as a result, however.

The Nine Stripes could potentially see the return of Brem Soumaoro and Juan Córdova on Friday, which would undoubtedly be a big boost. Frank Sturing and Oswaldo León, however, as well as Matthew Baldisimo are considered longer-term injuries. That means York will likely need to continue relying on a young centreback pairing of Noah Abatneh and Nyal Higgins.

surprise as sturing is back and he goes straight in the 11 as it seems nash got it about higgins and drops him to the bench...cordova straight in the 11 also

kibato cameron tahid in for garcia chung fisk so lets see if they can still be dominant even with three changes

Simmons still not even on the bench for Vancouver. Weird since coach mentioned they were back to full health. Guess he didnt travel to Calgary in the first place.

Love that TJ is there. Cameron at RB will have to be much better than he was midweek.

And we shall see what this team looks like without  without Renan anchoring the midfield line. Fry is somewhat dodgy defensively to my eyes and Kibato is still an unknown for me, hopefully not his teammates as well.

I think this will be a pretty even contest.

Fry and Kibato on yellows. I think Renan will replace one of them early, even if just to avoid a second yellow.

I also like the prospect of Fisk, Cantave, and Navarro coming in as second half gunslingers.

Edited by nolando

3 hours ago, nolando said:

They looked decidedly better in their first two matches.

Vancouver did face the two teams who I believe are the two worst in the league in their first two matches.

Edited by jonovision