Match Thread: June 30, 2023 - HFX Wanderers v Forge

York fan, but have a real soft spot for Halifax, best fan base in the league by a country mile, good for the league). Behind you tonight to get the win against Forge, hopefuly we're in for an exciting game. Still hope Ferrin comes good (him and Novak show the huge leap between L1 and CanPL)

Those were a huge 3 points for us. I kind of get what the commentators were saying about played Advantage and the Penalty. I don't know what the right call is but I'm just fine with how it played out. Especially after getting screwed on a penalty in Calgary earlier this year. We needed a controversy to go our way haha.

However much the rule book reads it, I prefer for those plays to be called that way. If the immediate play or continuation after a penalty goes in, let it stand. If not, go back to the penalty. Or the previous foul or red if it's last man outside the box for example. But in the immediate flow or play, not a few passes, a dribble, etc. 

I'm biased, of course, but I base this on the 2006 Champions League final vs. Arsenal where Lehmann commits a clear red outside the box, and the ball falls right to Giuly who scores, the ref gives the red and free kick. I'm amazed Arsenal fans complain about that game. I would have much prefered to be up a goal 11x11.

• narduch changed the title to Match Thread: June 30, 2023 - HFX Wanderers v Forge