Match Thread: CONCACAF Champions League - Quarter-Finals - Leg 1: Vancouver Whitecaps v LAFC - April 5, 2023

1 hour ago, Goal_Kick said:

Losing to LAFC isn't a disgrace.  They mentioned in the broadcast that LAFC may be the best team in CONCACAF.

Still and all, I wish the Caps had started Becher and Ahmed.  Maybe Vanni was saving them for the Portland game on Saturday?

I was in very wet and in some areas snowy Southern California  last month , Mostly in the LA area foir the Rugby 7s tournament . And would not believw how many people I saw wearing LAFC gear it was surprising

53 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Considering that this match fearured an elite MLS side, I was surprised (and disappointed) that Jack and Platt weren't the One Soccer analysis tandem for this one.

They also didn't bother using their own commentary either. 

Would have preferred Jenkins over the American on the Concacaf base feed

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

They also didn't bother using their own commentary either. 

Would have preferred Jenkins over the American on the Concacaf base feed

Glad I am not the only one who thought that.  That guy was a poser!  I am a big fan of a one-person pbp booth but he was not good.  

6 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Considering that this match fearured an elite MLS side, I was surprised (and disappointed) that Jack and Platt weren't the One Soccer analysis tandem for this one.

For me it was more the manner of the goals conceded.  It sort of looked like LAFC just had their way with them whenever they turned it up a notch.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

For me it was more the manner of the goals conceded.  It sort of looked like LAFC just had their way with them whenever they turned it up a notch.  

Or, at least, Bouanga had his way with the Caps whenever he turned it up a notch.

That goal he scored from, what, thirty(?) yards out was a thing of beauty.  What is any goalie going to do against that?

And that dribbling display he put on for his second goal?  A moment of magic from a talented player.

The foul-up between Takaoka and Cubas, on the other hand, should never have happened.