Toronto FC MLS Next Pro 2023

MM3/MM2/MM

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Hmmmm,  TFC2 are getting whomped every game but the level of play isnt high enough??  I'm not sure if that computes for me...Is their someone is particular that is sticking out as too good for NextPro, cause I havnt noticed it yet.  

They're going to leave MLS Next which is the MLS academy league, not MLP NEXT Pro. It's the U14s to U19s that they're going to play in Ontario for easier travel for actual kids (not the TFC2 'kids') 

15 minutes ago, rydermike said:

They're going to leave MLS Next which is the MLS academy league, not MLP NEXT Pro. It's the U14s to U19s that they're going to play in Ontario for easier travel for actual kids (not the TFC2 'kids') 

I thought Narduch was talking about players in MLSNextPro, and so was I.  I meant individual loanees that are too good for Nextpro and need better competition in CPL, USL-C etc, which I am not sure there are at TFC2 at the moment. I didnt hear anything about moving out of NextPro, isnt it forced on the MLS teams??     

15 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I thought Narduch was talking about players in MLSNextPro, and so was I.  I meant individual loanees that are too good for Nextpro and need better competition in CPL, USL-C etc, which I am not sure there are at TFC2 at the moment. I didnt hear anything about moving out of NextPro, isnt it forced on the MLS teams??     

They're moving the academy teams out of "MLS Next" which is the youth program citing travel costs and that Ontario youth competition is similar level to US youth competition. TFC2 is staying in "MLS Next Pro". The two programs are so easy to mix up with the similar names, that I thought you were referencing their leaving Next and saying they were leaving NextPro instead when you said "level of play not good enough". Didn't realize you meant the teams view as viewing MLSNP VS CPL. My mistake.

Edited by rydermike
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sunday June 4, 2023  TFC II vs Orlando City B  

So Jesus (Batiz) scores at 70 minutes (10:33pm) to make it 3-0 TFC II over Orlando City B and the lights on the center line pole go out. A few minutes later the other four standards (the ones in the corners) go out too except for maybe four of the 20 something lights on those poles, probably for safety reasons. No announcements...players warm up and eventually leave the field.

11:00pm and they start playing music but it's from their same The Weeknd and Drake playlist we've already heard. Very convenient that now they won't hear anyone complain from down below asking them for an update. One guy up there mimes '5 more minutes' every ten minutes.

At 11:45pm, the lights come back on suddenly. OK then at 11:48pm the PA announcement is "Thank you for your patience during the power outage. The officials have decided to call the game. Toronto wins 3-0". Another 'Thank you for your patience; then they try to sell us tickets to the next home game.

'Just Can't Get Enough' plays and people go home.

The players returned to the dressing rooms after trying to stay stretched out for the first 25 minutes. The MLSE staff played kick around at the south goal instead of asking any of the fans if they needed assistance. Stairs were in semi-darkness.

Geez 1 hour and 12 minutes until an announcement.

Not a great day for OCB. Their flight was delayed so this game was pushed back from 8pm until 9pm. (All evening games were scheduled for 7pm until this one...no wonder very few children were here). OK both teams did tweet out the change in times with six hours notice so I'll give them that.

• 2 weeks later...

Toronto had a shoot out win over Atlanta after a 0-0 regulation tie last night. TFC dominated possession and shots but had poor finishing that they could score. Themi Antonoglou was the only MLS contracted player loaned to TFC II on Thursday that was even in the lineup. (expect the others are back for the MLS clubs game on Wednesday).
TFC won 4-3 in the fifth round of penalty kicks. Jesus Batiz was the only TFC player to miss with a low weak kick to the right. He did in Thursday's game too with a blast wide left. Luka Gavran saved the day with saves on Karim Tmimi with balls of steel nerves by standing still on Tmimi'd penenka chip and made an easy catch. He then dove to the left to save Jonantan Villal's low right side PK. Julian Altobelli scored the winner.

On 6/29/2023 at 7:32 PM, phresh said:

Oh so now it makes a bit more sense why a tweet was sent yesterday that TFC II had signed him to a contract after all this time (he played a few games last year too).   He is still only age 16!  

32 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

Oh so now it makes a bit more sense why a tweet was sent yesterday that TFC II had signed him to a contract after all this time (he played a few games last year too).   He is still only age 16!  

He's also been called up to the senior team for tonight. Despite going 60 minutes yesterday 

1 hour ago, Rocket Robin said:

This is the AllStar game for the academy league (MLS Next) not the pro league (MLS Next Pro). He got the contract because it was necessary for his call-up to the first team. 

• 2 weeks later...