Match Thread: August 13, 2022 - HFX Wanderers v Valour

narduch

The ref missed the call on the grab so he dropped albeit two seconds late.  That’s what it looked like, the ref was miles away since it came off a long ball, he basically had two wrongs make a right.

Edited by Lurker

Just now, Big_M said:

valour still not able to win at hfx...mekideche is not a good player...his agents have done a great job hyping him and getting him pro contracts in three countries

Looked fine against much better competition than HFX. Beginning to wonder if Valour were sold a bill of goods on the two Colombians though.

The most Valour of games. 

Still like Mekideche but he is what he has been since his first shift - someone who plays on the edge and will get burned for it.

Rendon hasn’t done much for me but I really liked what I saw from Ascanio. If only he hadn’t disappeared. 

Edited by Wippersuna

Happy for the HFX fans. Pissed at everyone else, especially Hoskins and that clown Omar.

Valour player ratings, out of 10.

• Yesli -4
  • Baquero - 7
  • AJB - 7
  • Mekideche - 5
  • Pena - 2
  • Gutierrez (midfielder version) - 7
  • Riggi - 3
  • Rendon - 3
  • Rea - 5
  • Forbes - 4
  • Dyer - 6

SUBS

• Ponce - 2
  • Fordyce (until dropped to CB) - 5
  • Catavolo - 3
  • de Brienne - didn't notice him once

Worst Valour performance of the season, possibly of the last 3 seasons. Playing for pride for the rest of 2022.

Edited by jonovision

Glad to see us finally get a win again.  The game wasn't very entertaining after the red card.  I don't think there's any way back from the hole we're in but if we could somehow sneak out a result mid-week in Ottawa and then handle a tired Pacific it'll make things a little more exciting.

Great to finally get a win!  Ox did pretty good with one good save and nice for his confidence to get the shutout.   It’s my first time seeing #37Mwandwee  and I thought he looked dangerous at times but flops way too often and usually the ref didn’t fall for it (although he did for the penalty which I think was lucky for Halifax) .   Glad the fans are still coming out even with playoffs being nearly impossible.  5650 is a good showing . 

Underwhelming performance by a side that's a pretender for the playoffs.  Great for the locals but wish Valour could have brought a more entertaining show to town.  Maybe the lads were wilting in the heat?  Don't know, but doubt it.  Was a poor outing from whistle to whistle. 

Yesli continues with the starts.  Not sure how Serois feels about the bench time.  Not sure how Montreal feels about the bench time either. 

Very strange. If York get the result against the Eddies today it will be naught but victories for the home sides this week.  Has that happend this year?