Match Thread: August 13, 2022 - HFX Wanderers v Valour

narduch

Defenders suspended due to yellow card accumulation: Brett Levis (Valour) / Peter Schaale (HFX Wanderers).

Canpl.ca take on the game:

https://canpl.ca/article/preview-hfx-wanderers-vs-valour-fc-match-75

Ed Tait's (Wpg reporter) game preview:

https://valourfc.canpl.ca/article/right-now-were-comfortable-and-we-feel-good-about-who-we-are-and-how-we-approach-games

Edited by K Edgar

1 minute ago, narduch said:

I guess it's official Yesli is Valour's #1 now

3 starts in a row for Yesli -- hard to justify change after 2 clean sheets.  Good for him, making the most of his opportunity!

Starts for Pena and RiggiAscanio remains absent from the lineup.  As is Carlos, less surprisingly -- is he returning to USports shortly?

Pena starting makes me nervous but I'm not sure what other options they really had for left back. The other lineup moves make a certain amount of sense. I'd expect De Brienne to see significant minutes coming off the bench. 

Like everyone else, I'm wondering what happened to Ascanio.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’m here, it felt like a goal was coming but the way we finish I wasn’t expecting one, decided to go to the bathroom and heard roar.  Coming to the realization that I might be part of our problem.

Halifax didn't deserve a penalty but are certainly deserving of being up 1-0. Stay in your seat in the second half please.

1 minute ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Yea that was a bit odd. If I was the keeper I would have slugged him  lol

The guy beside me said the keeper was right in Salter’s face before the kick, just before the replay, so guess that explains it.