Toronto FC 2 2021 Season

From the USL League one site: The season will officially begin on April 10 as Fort Lauderdale CF hosts the New England Revolution II at Inter Miami CF Stadium. Toronto FC II will play its first home match of the season at Grande Sports World in Casa Grande, Ariz. against North Texas SC on May 22.

TFC couldn't afford another year off for their development team, surprised they are not in Florida with the senior team.

Toronto FC II’s 2021 roster as it currently stands:

Goalkeepers (0):

Defenders (4): Themi Antonoglou, Luke Singh, Nyal Higgins, Rohan Goulbourne.

Midfielders (5): Antonio Carlini, Nicolas Ovalle Raffo, Mehdi Essoussi, Julian Altobelli, Antony Curic.

Forwards (0): 

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

• MM3/MM2/MM changed the title to Toronto FC 2 2021 Season
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TFC 2 add midfielder Kosi Thompson (2003) and defender Kobe Franklin (2003) from the academy, re-sign defender Luca Petrasso (2000) confirm the signing of Steffen Yeates (2000) and add university graduate keeper Brogan Engbers (1999)

Also added was 2021 draft pick, American Talen Maples.

With their first game on the 22nd, they now have 18 players on the roster and will probably get some TFC prospects on short term loans.

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

McGaughlin scores a second to put them up.  Kosi Thompson looks lively. I guess Vaikla isnt ready to go as Patterson-Sewell is in.   

I think Patterson-Sewell got the start because of experience. A good portion of the team was making their pro debut, could be a bit nervous, so they put the veteran player-coach out there to be a calming presence and in-game coach. He was pretty vocal and always giving instructions to the guys after plays. I think by the third game Vaikla will be the keeper and then rotate with Engbers once they get to Florida (where Engbers is currently training with the first team) 

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Playing again tonight, free on youtube.  Themi Antonogolou (19) has just scored his first pro goal (very nice finish) down 2-1 in first half.  

Antonogolou was on the team of the week after the first game.  I watched the game, I thought Nyall HIggins (CB) was very composed on the ball, his passing was excellent, maybe could of closed down his man better on the first goal.  Overall I was impressed on how quickly the team moved the ball, though more errant passes then expected, but that could go down to inexperience and lack of playing together, should get better.

With the senior TFC team on a break after this weekend and the TFC2 team playing 2 games a week through to the end of June, I would expect to see a few TFC players getting some minutes, maybe Rutty and Singh.

I watched only the first half but I got the similar feeling I got with many past TFC2 teams, they are all very skilled but can't finish off the chances they create. They had so much possession and then on the first 2 chances Tucson got they finished and they felt like they could score any time they got a decent chance.

Kosi Thompson and Sam Yeates on the left and right wings looked dangerous early in the game. Nyall Higgins looks really good. Kobe Franklin looked solid defensively in the right back role.

It was impressive that they did control the ball so well, I suppose thats something to build on.  I am hoping to see someone really stand out, like Edwards did years ago and Perruza more recently.  Its nice to actually see these kids play, and get a look for yourself at what they caan do.  

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I tuned in at the 70 minute mark just as Nelson was being subbed off. the commentator said that all of TFC's attack went through Nelson.

He created a lot of scoring opportunities for himself and others but he just couldn't score. His shots just didn't hit the net!