Match Thread: Island Games - August 26, 2020 - York 9 v Forge

narduch

Sitting on 3 points Y9 needs something from this.  Nine points might get you 4th ten points likely gets you through and they have 4 matches left (Forge, HFX, FCE, Cavalry).  HFX & FCE are must wins a draw here or against Cavalry is important.

Has anyone heard anything on Petrasso or Manella?

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

Have to wonder if Forge will mimic Cavalry and go with a heavy squad rotation for this one.

I thought about this when I saw the U21 minutes for each team but I doubt they would rotate for the Y9 match.  

10 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

They are in a tough spot. They really dropped the ball in the first game.

Agreed, but I would expand that to the first two games.  Should've been able to close out against Pacific.

24 minutes ago, narduch said:

Have to wonder if Forge will mimic Cavalry and go with a heavy squad rotation for this one.

The alternative would be to go full strength against a team that hasn't yet separated themselves from the weaker teams to get the next round locked up so they can coast through the final games and do a lot of squad rotation at that point. 

54 minutes ago, Stouffvillain said:

Uphill battle.  Hopefully Halley can inject some enthusiasm into the attack.

Midfield needs to stay on top of Bekker. 

And he’s doing exactly that. 
He’s lost it trying to do too much at times, but he’s created chances doing a lot.

Hes exploiting Monti right now.

About as good a half as you could expect.  

Good on Y9 for taking the game to Forge instead of sitting back and trying to absorb, especially after the goal.  In attack they are pressing instead of just trying to keep it in possession.  Crosses have been much better today not the same slow lofty crosses we've seen before today.  

Ingham has been very solid so far.  Good hands, making the right decision when to come for the ball and not missing when he does.  

Forge is going to adjust coming out of the half, Y9 needs to keep up what they have been doing.  Don't take your foot off the gas.