Poll- Who's the first manager to get the boot?

Poll- Who's the first manager to get the boot?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. The first manager out is......

• Hart (Halifax)
    • Wheeldon Jr. (Cavalry)
    • Smyrniotis (Forge)
    • Paulus (Edmonton)
    • Gale(Valour)
    • Silberbauer (Pacific)
    • Brennan (York)

Surprised but not entirely surprised.  Everything reads like on-field performances were compounded by board room performances.  Silberbauer doesn't seemed to have gotten either exactly right.

Don't follow Pacific but there had to have been rumblings in the stands and at the pubs.   

I just hope the powers that be have pulled down the framing.  Gale is most likley next for the chop and everyone knows it.  Having a guillotine in plain site would just be poor form from the hosts.  Not very sporting at all. 

Hart is the worst manager in the league really. He has some really good players there and doesn't know what to do with them, even if he built the team. 

Also, I hope the votes for Brennan were before the fall season. Even when we were in bad form I still had faith in him because we had seen what the team could do on a rather inconsistent basis.

6 minutes ago, Lofty said:

^ To be not too unkind to Gale's bosses, I doubt that they know much about football.

Think you'd be hard pressed to get much argument about that here.  But as with all potential management turn over the 2nd question is how can we do better?  Who could be a replacement and be better?  And just "not being Rob Gale" itself isn't the improvement we're all looking for.   

I have about as much clue as to who to bring in as anyone at Valour/Bomber HQ.  No idea whatsoever.  Of course its also not my job to do responsible hiring so I don't do the leg work.

I think Gale is safe for another year, for a lot of reasons aside from the uncertainty question I mentioned above.  Man has to be aware he's on notice though.  Has no grace left.  

I don't recall Hart playing the same team twice in a row leading me to call him the CPL's tinkerman...LOL!!

The majority of supporters are behind him and, as a previous poster indicated, it is tough when this is a start-up league.  I do think a couple of bosses, including Hart, could be in trouble if they get off to slow starts next year.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:24 PM, grasshopper1917 said:

The thing with Hart despite the season he is still very popular in Halifax and is really almost the face of the team.

So he is basically the, 'Lenarduzzi" of Halifax, totally untouchable? ;)

On 10/19/2019 at 7:13 AM, Cheeta said:

Don't follow Pacific but there had to have been rumblings in the stands and at the pubs. 

What stands? What Pubs?

In the Supporters end there were lots of the usual tactical questions on a game-by-game basis but overall the vision that Rob was trying to sell of building the future was accepted. This came out of the blue for the majority of fans and was not something being advocated eb masse.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:29 PM, Lofty said:

I actually have a bigger problem with Gale's selection of Canadians. Thomas and Murrell are the two most obvious examples and they were named co-captains! Talk about compounding your error. Near post Farago also not good enough. Ditto for Galvis and Ferguson who are both nominally Canadian, I believe. The only internationals who were not good enough were Hoyle, who was quickly shipped out, and arguably Mitter. Arguiñarena, Paolucci, Galan have all been strong, Golubar looked good in his few appearances, while youngster Janssens has also done fairly well.

I don't think it is fair to say that Gale is "behind the times" on tactics. Quite the opposite IMHO. His problem lies in the fact that he refuses to admit his mistakes which of course means he cannot learn from them. To this day I bet he doesn't realize Valour had the worst CB pairing in the league no matter who played there and the worst goalkeeping when Farago was between the sticks. And the way he has continually played Attardo on the wing and deep despite the kid seemingly scoring whenever he plays centre forward and being a gifted poacher borders on the criminal. #GailFail #GaleOut

My take on Gale is that he is a very competent and charismatic academy coach however as coach coaching an actual team when the points matter, he has been terrible.  His record speaks for itself:

2015. U20 Concacaf Tournament. 5 games played. 1 Win.  4 Losses. 

2017 U20 Concacaf Tournament. 3 games played. 1 Win.  2 Losses

2019 Valour FC  30 games played. 8 wins 4 ties and 18 losses

Total games 38

Wins 10 Ties 4 Losses 24

yes he's is charismatic and a good talker but way over his head coaching a professional team in the CPL