David Clanachan-Commish

Rheo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's true what they say. A watched pot never boils. I obsess over the CPL for years on end with almost no concrete steps taken (aside from May 6th last year). Then the Zambrano/Herdman news derails my attention and BAM, a commissioner is named.

Very excited to have this checked off of CPL's list of things to do!

I'm listening to the interview.  He's on after the commercial break.  I'll try and post if there's anything newsworthy that's not really out there.  Pretty much the standard CPL lines just with more Tim Hortons references lol

-him joining has been in the works for a few months,  been working with prospective owners that they'll be announcing teams shortly

- says realistically 8-10 for inaugural season 

-will announce teams community by community in the upcoming weeks (makes sense, longer news cycle)

12 minutes ago, Rheo said:

I'm listening to the interview.  He's on after the commercial break.  I'll try and post if there's anything newsworthy that's not really out there.  I'll just update this post.  

-him joining has been in the works for a few months,  been working with prospective owners that they'll be announcing teams shortly

-realistically 8-10 for inaugural season 

-

I didn't really hear anything of note that wasn't in the Milton article, pretty much the same info.

Toronto Sun article that Larson hinted at yesterday.

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/if-not-us-who-else-david-clanachan-named-cpl-commissioner-as-league-reveals-start-date

A couple of highlights.

"The investment from the league’s founders is expected to approach a whopping $500 million over 10 years, Clanachan estimated."

"Until then, the league’s executive members are plucking from a list of prospective markets that includes ownership groups from all but one non-Maritime province. News is expected to flow beginning next month."

Based on the list of cities mentioned, looks like Quebec is the non-Maritime province that doesn't have a place on the list of prospective markets:(

Archived