Canada vs French Guiana - Match Thread

mpg_29

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dyslexic nam said:

The frustrating thing is that aside from 2 minutes of down-pouring, chaotic stupidity, this was a beautiful performance.  We could so easily be up 4-0.  Frustrating.

Agree....2 just mind numbing minutes....but 3 points is nice to see 

4 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

MOTM has to go to Davies but man, Arfield was immense.

I'd give it to Scott. Davies finished his chances and that is worth his weight in gold but Scott ran the show start to finish. Not the 3-0 win I wanted but I'll happily take it.

Just now, dsqpr said:

When you score two goals on your Gold Cup debut and run the defence ragged I think you have to get MOTM. But Arfield was fantastic. Both 9/10 performances.

Trying to recall the last time we had to choose between two amazing performances for MOTM.  Can't think of when that would have been...

As for the honour itself, I loved Arfeild, but 2 goals by a 16 year old who tormented the defence for 90?  Gotta be Davies for me.  We potentially tie this game without his contribution.

Just now, lazlo_80 said:

you're weird.

No he's right. 3-0 was a great result and a clean sheet to boost the defense's confidence but 4-2 while still a good win and a +2 leaves the defenders second guessing themselves. Gotta shake it off before the 14th.

haha. oh god. not disagreeing with you. Just a weird thing to be worried about after the first win in the gold cup in 8 years and a 16 year old scoring two goals. 

If you can't find joy in that...I mean you got a dark road ahead of you. Bask in the win. This was a good day.

Just now, lazlo_80 said:

you're weird.

uh, not sure why I'm weird? Those goals should not have happened. The 1st goal came from a corner that came from a very very poor clearance. The 2nd goal was also poor overall defending.

I admit the 2 goals conceded make me worried about playing Honduras and Costa Rica.

Just now, lazlo_80 said:

haha. oh god. not disagreeing with you. Just a weird thing to be worried about after the first win in the gold cup in 8 years and a 16 year old scoring two goals. 

If you can't find joy in that...I mean you got a dark road ahead of you. Bask in the win. This was a good day.

Lots of joy in the performance of Alphonso and Scott but concern about losing control against a weak team. Weird or just long suffering Canuck soccer fan?

Archived