Canada vs French Guiana - Match Thread

mpg_29

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good first half. Few observations:

-Cavallini (as I expected) gives us much better work rate and hold up play than Larin. 

-Davies looked a little apprehensive early on, but was looking much more confident late on. His first touch to break into space on his second failed cross to Cavallini was not only brilliant, but was pure instinct. That comes from feeling more comfortable.

- I wish Hoilett had the same work rate as Davies, but regardless, it is nice to have a clever, dangerous winger. I thought his relationship with Petrasso was very good.

- Speaking of Petrasso, I thought he did very well at RB. Very attack minded as you'd expect.

- Piette was solid as per usual.

- Bernier was Bernier, reliable.

- Arfield is truly a box to box player. Outstanding finish on the second goal.

- De Jong was surprisingly sharp by his recent standards. Combined well with Davies on one occasion. 

Just now, Floortom said:

Arfield is really a class above the rest of the guys.

cavallini is not the target man Larin is but his other skills appear to be superior. Could be really useful for us

I thought his hold up play was far more reliable. 

Yes Arfield is class.

10 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Cavalini and Davies have had a hard time linking up.  Cavalini was wide open and Davies over dribbled it and then kicked it to the keeper.  Some words were exchanged.  

There was a similar degree of exasperation from Cav when Davies mishandled the ball and let it go out early on.  On the next play Cav uselessly turned over possession.  My point - none of them are perfect footballers.  And while I do like Cav's passion, I don't find aggressively berating your teammates to be a net positive.  And I suspect yelling at a 16 year old is even less productive.

Archived