DUTCH CANADIANS

Robert

45 minutes ago, xcalibre said:

Saw big Vic and somebody else who looked vaguely familiar at a coffee shop in Van yesterday, the big man wouldn't tell me who the next coach is :angry:

Still prefer him to a bizarre rant about how we should all be wearing funny orange hats mind you

They say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Since May 8, 2012, how much fun have you had supporting the MNT? Was it the 2 road trip to San Pedro Sula? Was it how well we played home and home with Mexico? As long as Canada sticks with Mt. Vic, we will NEVER qualify for the Hex. I Guarantee it. Because our honest Mt. Vic, in leading the witch hunt against the evil Sepp Blatter, proved he would never dream of fixing the CONCACAF semi-final draw the way Jack Warner did back in 2004, when by "SHEER LUCK OF THE DRAW" Trinidad and Tobago ended up in the same group as Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, and Mexico. No fun at all, I tell you.

VETO VIC, BE HAPPY

WEAR FUNNY ORANJE HATS, BE HAPPY

1 hour ago, Robert said:

They say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Since May 8, 2012, how much fun have you had supporting the MNT? Was it the 2 road trip to San Pedro Sula? Was it how well we played home and home with Mexico? As long as Canada sticks with Mt. Vic, we will NEVER qualify for the Hex. I Guarantee it. Because our honest Mt. Vic, in leading the witch hunt against the evil Sepp Blatter, proved he would never dream of fixing the CONCACAF semi-final draw the way Jack Warner did back in 2004, when by "SHEER LUCK OF THE DRAW" Trinidad and Tobago ended up in the same group as Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, and Mexico. No fun at all, I tell you.

VETO VIC, BE HAPPY

WEAR FUNNY ORANJE HATS, BE HAPPY

Of course we won't qualify for the hex before Vic leaves the CSA. He has to get out by May, a year after he was voted CONCACAF president. You do know that don't you?

Why don't you start a thread about that? Talk about who should replace Montagliani next year, and any rumours that people may have heard or read. It would be more productive and interesting rather than just repeatedly blaming the president for not getting instant results with the MNT (and of course not giving any credit to that same president for the successes of the WNT).

1 hour ago, Robert said:

How about being part of a CULTURE OF LOSING? Three things perhaps?

Although the Dutch, sadly, have never won a WC and haven't won Euros since '88. Wouldn't exactly define the culture as "Winning". Although, relative to Canada, that Serbian CULTURE OF WINNING should be emulated. Should I start that thread?

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Of course we won't qualify for the hex before Vic leaves the CSA. He has to get out by May, a year after he was voted CONCACAF president. You do know that don't you?

Why don't you start a thread about that? Talk about who should replace Montagliani next year, and any rumours that people may have heard or read. It would be more productive and interesting rather than just repeatedly blaming the president for not getting instant results with the MNT (and of course not giving any credit to that same president for the successes of the WNT).

As ridiculous of a thread as this is, that is a surprisingly undiscussed question: who is going to be the new long term head of ghetto CSA

Personally, I support our machiavellian overlord, and hope Montagliani continues to rule from the shadows. Maybe he can send winged monkeys after Sunil Gulati 

Edit: ghetto is an autocorrect typo but it's so fitting that it stays

51 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

As ridiculous of a thread as this is, that is a surprisingly undiscussed question: who is going to be the new long term head of ghetto CSA

Personally, I support our machiavellian overlord, and hope Montagliani continues to rule from the shadows. Maybe he can send winged monkeys after Sunil Gulati 

Edit: ghetto is an autocorrect typo but it's so fitting that it stays

Well Mt. Vic beat out Pete Mt. the last time around so I assume Pete Mt. is the new favourite. All hail Pete Mt.!

edit: wait, should his V nickname be Mt. Pete?

On 11/10/2016 at 1:25 PM, Oranje said:

Although the Dutch, sadly, have never won a WC and haven't won Euros since '88. Wouldn't exactly define the culture as "Winning". Although, relative to Canada, that Serbian CULTURE OF WINNING should be emulated. Should I start that thread?

World Cup 2014

1) Germany

2) Argentina

3) Holland

World Cup 2010

1) Spain

2) Holland

3) Germany

A slightly kinda different culture from;

San Pedro Sula 2016

2-1

Sam Pedro Sula 2012

8-1

Are we having fun yet?

21 hours ago, Robert said:

World Cup 2014

1) Germany

2) Argentina

3) Holland

World Cup 2010

1) Spain

2) Holland

3) Germany

A slightly kinda different culture from;

San Pedro Sula 2016

2-1

Sam Pedro Sula 2012

8-1

Are we having fun yet?

All you did was provide evidence to my my statement that the Netherlands have never won a WC.

But by looking at your examples, you should have called this thread 'GERMAN CANADIANS' seeing as they had Won a WC and finished 3rd in the previous one, whereas the Netherlands finished 2nd and 3rd...

9 hours ago, Oranje said:

All you did was provide evidence to my my statement that the Netherlands have never won a WC.

But by looking at your examples, you should have called this thread 'GERMAN CANADIANS' seeing as they had Won a WC and finished 3rd in the previous one, whereas the Netherlands finished 2nd and 3rd...

Everybody knows that the Germans are half-Dutch anyways, which gives your statement even more evidence that the the best soccer players in the world over the past 8 years have been born in that part of the world (of course with the exception of Jonathan de Guzman, for whom we Dutchman shall forever be grateful to Canada for :D).

Archived