GTA CPL Supporters thread

Macksam

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Apparently North York Rangers is a hockey team.

They're branded after the NY Rangers; the GTHL is filled with things like that: Don Mills Flyers, Vaughan Panthers, West Mall Lighting etc. I wouldn't concern myself with that.

It was the Fort York Armoury that blew up and killed the invading Yankees in the war of 1812...  

11 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

The Barton St Battalion may have something to say about that last one :)

I like some of the options up there, especially Fort York Regiment. I'll also put out Fort York Brigade.

Fort York Armoury sounds pretty damn good too, pqhbv, in fact, that's my favourite so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_York_Armoury

Barton St is actually the reason why I suggested it ;) 

I like Fort York Regiment.  I would like armory but it sounds more like a place than a group to me.  Regiment sounds more like a group and still conveys the same idea as Battalion without directly ripping them off. 

The Fort York Regiment travels down to Hamilton where they receive a not-so-warm welcome by the Barton Street Battalion. 

8020Ap7.gif

Shit gon git lit

Playing off the same theme, I also like the sound of "The Grenadiers".  It will be a familiar word for many in Toronto thanks to Grenadier Pond and the (I assume) myth of a group of Fort York Grenadiers dying there during the War of 1812.

I also like the sound of "Toronto Grenadiers Football Club", but it's also 5 am so I wouldn't trust my brain that much.

11 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Playing off the same theme, I also like the sound of "The Grenadiers".  It will be a familiar word for many in Toronto thanks to Grenadier Pond and the (I assume) myth of a group of Fort York Grenadiers dying there during the War of 1812.

I also like the sound of "Toronto Grenadiers Football Club", but it's also 5 am so I wouldn't trust my brain that much.

mothafucka get sum sleep.  It's 2am on this coast and I worked a night shift, whats your excuse

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure there's a lot of CPL talks going on at pre-game and post-game for TFC matches at the pubs around Liberty Village if anybody's interested. Family and travel makes it difficult for me to do much pre-post-gaming, but if anybody's interested, that's a place to start.

8 hours ago, matty said:

Good name. Your chant better be "Long Live the New Flesh" so the team gets that nickname

Cronenberg centric chants are a definite must.

I also think Keanu's kids would be a decent option. Besides using traditional chants, the group should also fire off signature Keanu lines like "Whoa," and "I know Kung Fu," the latter being used after a bicycle kick attempt.

A hand drawn version of this should be our logo:

gjfgjfgjfgjfgjfgjfgjfghlkfgjdgj.jpg

17 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Cronenberg centric chants are a definite must.

I also think Keanu's kids would be a decent option. Besides using traditional chants, the group should also fire off signature Keanu lines like "Whoa," and "I know Kung Fu," the latter being used after a bicycle kick attempt.

A hand drawn version of this should be our logo:

gjfgjfgjfgjfgjfgjfgjfghlkfgjdgj.jpg

I hope Winnipeg's supporters wave banners with "Citizen Girl" from 'My Winnipeg' while wearing only black and white and performing the saddest music in the world.

The Winnipeg motto should be "If you're sad and like beer, We're your team"

Toronto and everyone else is gonna be kicking themselves for not having housed/birthed Guy Maddin

Archived