Canadians abroad: June 19-25, 2015

DJT

Guidelines for this thread
  • In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for June 19-25, 2015.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Think of it this way we have Larin. Occean has proved for years that using him won't get you to the hex. He never made a difference before why would he now when he's three years older? All he did was manage to put himself before the team when we were the closest we've been since 1996 and he gets a six game suspension. So no we don't need him. Having Larin and tesho make it very easy to say this.

Unless I'm missing something with Ocean and I'm sure someone will let me know if I have, that 6 game suspension was for what exactly, what did he do was it even a red card, 6 games for what, did he assault a ref, did he try to injure another player, he got 6 games for what and how did he put himself before the team?

Unless I'm missing something with Ocean and I'm sure someone will let me know if I have, that 6 game suspension was for what exactly, what did he do was it even a red card, 6 games for what, did he assault a ref, did he try to injure another player, he got 6 games for what and how did he put himself before the team?

The red was actually a yellow but the report was that he went off and abused both a FIFA official and probably more importantly a CSA official.  How/what/where/who has never really come out (here at least).

Think of it this way we have Larin. Occean has proved for years that using him won't get you to the hex. He never made a difference before why would he now when he's three years older? All he did was manage to put himself before the team when we were the closest we've been since 1996 and he gets a six game suspension. So no we don't need him. Having Larin and tesho make it very easy to say this.

Of course, I forget about Larin and Tesho being unbreakable. 2 strikers is more than enough for any team, especially international sides...

He's still the best we have after those 2 (or even on par for all we know). I'd prefer an aging Occean over Haber or Hume. 

Of course, I forget about Larin and Tesho being unbreakable. 2 strikers is more than enough for any team, especially international sides...

He's still the best we have after those 2 (or even on par for all we know). I'd prefer an aging Occean over Haber or Hume.

This. Injuries and yellow cards happen... Not to mention club duty.

ya id take occean behind larin in a crunch if we are short on men because of injuries or suspensions. 

he wasn't on the gold cup roster though. so dont think we can expect him in 3rd round wcq. especially after he hasn't been to a floro camp and floro said johnson may not even be ready for gold cup after spending 10 days in camp. 

I still think Floro needs to be question about the OO situation. Has OO retired or Floro does not rate him?

We never got to the hex with JDG, Atiba and they are still being called. IMHO, OO had a good WCQ showing in 2012 apart for the Cuba game in Toronto. I still would like to see him involve in the program considering his current form unless he has retired internationnaly.

Yes exactly we never got to the hex with a few players on this roster, so why will Ocean not be considered as the few fans of the CND national team that exist in Canada we have the right to know, if it's because of Ocean and a bad attitude then I say stay away we don't need you then but let us know why he is not being considered in the end that's all I ask for as a fan,

You guys are smoking crack. OO is done, or should be. Larin, and Tesho both fill his spot. Ricketts, Haber, and REB offer completely different looks. Why would you bring in a 30+ player to take time from two younger guys who are already proving to be more effective than he is?

This is like Ali Gerba 2.0  Let it go already!!! His last four goals were against minnows. Larin and Tesho scored against similar opposition, and managed NOT to get suspended. The team is moving on, and so should the likes of you. He doesn't even bear mention (beyond this thread of course).

We are winning, scoring, and want to pester the coach about a guy who got suspended at a crucial time, then bad mouthed the former coach? (who has lead Trinidad to SURPASS us in FIFA ranking) Seriously.

You guys are smoking crack. OO is done, or should be. Larin, and Tesho both fill his spot. Ricketts, Haber, and REB offer completely different looks. Why would you bring in a 30+ player to take time from two younger guys who are already proving to be more effective than he is?

This is like Ali Gerba 2.0 Let it go already!!! His last four goals were against minnows. Larin and Tesho scored against similar opposition, and managed NOT to get suspended. The team is moving on, and so should the likes of you. He doesn't even bear mention (beyond this thread of course).

We are winning, scoring, and want to pester the coach about a guy who got suspended at a crucial time, then bad mouthed the former coach? (who has lead Trinidad to SURPASS us in FIFA ranking) Seriously.

Ya by this logic we should drop jdg. Also what happens if larin or akindele get hurt.

Dont think anyone is smoking crack on this board.

Also lol at trinidad surpassing us in fifa ranking. Like that means anything. They play the carrieban cup agaisnt joke teams where they can earn monster points. Of course theyre ahead of us when we didnt play a competitive game in 2 yrs.

All I'm saying is he seems to be someone who does more harm than good. Remember when he scored in st Lucia? Hume seemed to be giving him shit for hot dogging it.

Now with Larin and Akindele basically pushing everyone else down two pegs....

If they are both injured, sure id take occean over haber/Jackson/ reb, but they're not injured.

Occean has acted himself out of the CMNT picture.  If he conducted himself professionally as guys like Hutchinson, Hirschfeld, Stamtopolous and JDG have over the years he would still be there.  A lot of things go on behind the scenes but he made two classless/dumb plays on the field that showed his character last WCQ that we could see in plain sight.

This is like Ali Gerba 2.0  Let it go already!!! His last four goals were against minnows. Larin and Tesho scored against similar opposition, and managed NOT to get suspended. The team is moving on, and so should the likes of you. He doesn't even bear mention (beyond this thread of course).

We are winning, scoring, and want to pester the coach about a guy who got suspended at a crucial time, then bad mouthed the former coach? (who has lead Trinidad to SURPASS us in FIFA ranking) Seriously.

No one said we should pester the coach but I said it would be nice if some media ask him about OO. It would also be nice if he was aaked about set pieces defending tactics.

I m sorry but I just don t think we have too much depth at forward at the moment, so I would ask why he isn t part of the consideration. He could surely help if Larin got injured or doesn t get much PT at the club level.

As for the suspension and criticizing coaches, how many caps Stalteri had after the water bottle incident? How many caps did DeRo and JDG had after criticizing Dale Mitchell (while he was still in place)? It seems these arguments work for some players only.

Occean has acted himself out of the CMNT picture.  If he conducted himself professionally as guys like Hutchinson, Hirschfeld, Stamtopolous and JDG have over the years he would still be there.  A lot of things go on behind the scenes but he made two classless/dumb plays on the field that showed his character last WCQ that we could see in plain sight.

Regarding JDG, how quick do we forgot someone who went clubbing in MTL before a crucial game in Mexico and who made public criticizism of Dale Mitchell. That s what you call conducting youself professionnally.

I have been over this regarding JDG to be honest, but it s the double standards that I want to call out.

Remember a few years ago. Maybe 4, there was a thread about "bad apples", it was a josh Simpson interview saying the team has some. Anybody ever find out who he was referring to? My guess was always a big name player.

I'm sure there were bad apples but to me JDG and DeRo have/always were good examples.  I mean this board basically begs Hoilett to play for us yet here we have a guy who in his prime was better than Hoilett and showed up for every single camp (JDG).  He's never taken an undisciplined red, thrown people under the bus publically or hot dogged.  The only knock on JDG is how he went out the night after a WCQ in Montreal.  We need more players like JDG and DeRo honestly, would be really shocked if they were considered "bad apples".  

I'm sure there were bad apples but to me JDG and DeRo have/always were good examples. I mean this board basically begs Hoilett to play for us yet here we have a guy who in his prime was better than Hoilett and showed up for every single camp (JDG). He's never taken an undisciplined red, thrown people under the bus publically or hot dogged. The only knock on JDG is how he went out the night after a WCQ in Montreal. We need more players like JDG and DeRo honestly, would be really shocked if they were considered "bad apples".

Agreed. Jdg and dero were 100% comitted to canada, always willing to represent their country.

Odds are jdg will become canadas all time cap leader by the time third round wcq is over (maybe even sooner if we make it to the gold cup semis and he plays every match)

Champions League Draw

Borjan's Ludogorets has been drawn against newcomers FC Milsami Orhei of Moldova for the second qualifying round. Matches will be played on July 14/15 and 21/22.

Europa League Draw

1st round, matches played July 2 and 9

Odds BK (Occean) v FC Sheriff 

West Ham United (Henry) v FC Lusitans

AIK (Stamatopoulos) v VPS Vaasa

Apollon Limassol (Haber) v FC Saxan

2nd round, played July 16 and 23

Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Ferguson) v FC Astra Giurgiu 

Hutch's Besiktas enters at the group stage

Archived